post your local tank(s) - Page 29
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #421
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
Definitely a few crown SSS in there. When I have some time, I plan to work on moving them to another tank.
Van, i would be.more than happy to move your sss crs to another tank for you
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #422
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Good point....hadn't thought about that

I would love it if they were to look like post #39 in this thread.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...=169306&page=3

For the sss. I'll consider your offer when I am out of tank space.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #423
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I would love it if they were to look like post #39 in this thread.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...=169306&page=3

For the sss. I'll consider your offer when I am out of tank space.
That's the dream buddy, that's the dream. Yeah, you running out of tank space is like me running out. We just buy new tanks.....lol
Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #424
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

well, i was hoping to post some pics of the 75 tonight, but the water is still cloudy from the bacterial bloom, and almost every single plant in the tank melted since saturdays water change. on the upside, no plants have died, new growth is starting to appear on all of them. so maybe there is hope
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #425
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

pictures!!!
Aheartlessfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #426
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Bill,

BTW.. The first picture. The one on the left is a berried female. Will need to wait a few weeks.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #427
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
well, i was hoping to post some pics of the 75 tonight, but the water is still cloudy from the bacterial bloom, and almost every single plant in the tank melted since saturdays water change. on the upside, no plants have died, new growth is starting to appear on all of them. so maybe there is hope
Bill...I may need your help....bigtime. Imagine this....

You spend over $150 on anubias from overseas (ebay) only to have them all melt because you put them all in the same bucket and when one plant starts to melt, it pollutes the water and makes the rest of them melt.

YES! THAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME! I'M SO PISSED!

I think the only way of saving them is to set them up emersed so the dying leaves don't fudge with the others because they would ultimately be above water. So...what exactly would you do? I'm literally about to clip every single leave off the rhizome if it has any kind of damage and then toss whats left into a clean cycled tank so that no more rotting occurs.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #428
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

stick em on rocks or sticks. cover the tank with plastic wrap to keep humidity in, and mist them one a day with a spray bottle with very little flourish in it. they'll grow back for you pretty well after they recover. on this tank, you can actually leave your light on 24/7. if you do that, then i would try to mist at least 3x/day. and don't worry about algae if leaving them on 24/7, you should never have enough water in there to get any. option b is the same tank, dirt in the bottom, some water, stick the roots directly into the soil, up to but NOT including the rhizome. then same as above, cover with plastic wrap, yada yada yada. the only catch with this method is that you will need to eventually remove water, so plan ahead.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #429
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

oh, i should have mentioned, tank 1 is a bare bottomed tank. nothing pretty to look at, but it will get the job done.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #430
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Bill,

BTW.. The first picture. The one on the left is a berried female. Will need to wait a few weeks.
awesome!! gotta start sneaking cash away in my new "prl fund"....lol
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #431
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
stick em on rocks or sticks. cover the tank with plastic wrap to keep humidity in, and mist them one a day with a spray bottle with very little flourish in it. they'll grow back for you pretty well after they recover. on this tank, you can actually leave your light on 24/7. if you do that, then i would try to mist at least 3x/day. and don't worry about algae if leaving them on 24/7, you should never have enough water in there to get any. option b is the same tank, dirt in the bottom, some water, stick the roots directly into the soil, up to but NOT including the rhizome. then same as above, cover with plastic wrap, yada yada yada. the only catch with this method is that you will need to eventually remove water, so plan ahead.
So in both setups the water line comes up to right below the rhizome but not touching it correct? I suppose I'll set that up tomorrow morning. You think I should trim off the dying leaves before I start tying them down or just let them wither away?
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #432
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

If the leaves are rotting i'd remove them. if they're just yellow or dried out its not really a problem. Just sit them on dirt in a covered container. No need to tie them to anything - they wont float away in emersed You can bury the roots if you want but keep the rhizome exposed to the light.

The water level isn't too important either - as long as the soil is very damp and the leaves are above the water.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #433
Terrynova

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default New Tank

Well hello everyone. My wife and just moved into the Allentown area and have recently "restarted" our planted tank.

I just set up some pressurized CO2 and finally got the sunpod hung. It is a 70w 14k HQI metal halide setup. Our T5 ballast had some problems so I pulled this from our nano reef tank which we recently broke down prior to our move.

The plan is to get it established and then go from there. So far we just have a small school of harlequin tetras and will order some celestrial pearl danios.

Does anyone know where we can get some CPDs locally? We'll be looking at a shoal of 10-12 CPDs.

Well looking forward to this adventure, and the great knowledge sharing of this forum. Here's a pic of the tank.

Terrynova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #434
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

anubias and hair grass and crypts, oh my!! tank looks great i'm guessing 20h? not sure if anyone local has cpd's but if they do, i'm sure they will chime in.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #435
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

oh, and welcome to the forum!!!