post your local tank(s) - Page 13
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #181
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

I agree with a few exceptions. I can plant any of my dirt tanks without making too much of a mess. And planting in the stratum takes finesse. If you slam plants in, you're gonna cloud it up. But if you are gentle and use pinsettes, piece of cake. But van isn't going to plant these tanks, so it's a non-issue.
How's the crypt tank coming along dan? Ready for a couple rare ones?
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #182
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Bill,

Seeing how nice you turned that 60gal into, I may do some plants.. LOL
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #183
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Holy crap! First shrimp, now plants! I think i may be having a stroke!!! Lol
Old 05-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #184
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

tank cleared up. Emptying it now and filling it with new water. should be even clearer once the new water is in.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #185
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nothing fancy. Just added some moss after new water added. Need to make a PVC overflow for draining. Filling is not an issue with the fluval stratum since new water is filled through the middle of the foam.

Picture taken with phone camera. Will break out the big camera once the new CRS in.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #186
marley77
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Hey guys,

Drexel student here. Standard 55 with 48" T5NO 2 bulb fixture housed in a piece of gutter. Fluval 305 and Tetra Whisper EX30 Filters. No Co2, so I do get some algae, mainly BBA on the equipment and on some crypts. 2 GBRs, 2 Bolivian Rams, 14 Harlequin Rasboras, 10 Albino Cories, 2 ember tetras, 3 Guppys and 2 Oto's that rarely come out.
Lots of plants that I think include African Green Hygro, Sunset hygro, Anubias Nana, Hygrophyla corymbosa "stricta",Limnophila sessiliflora, Red Root Floater, Frogbit, Hygrophyla polysperma.

This is my first real planted tank. The fish seem happy and healthy, they all eat well and I haven't had any deaths or diseases since I set it up. The cories lay eggs every month and the GBRs spawned last week. They ended up eating the eggs but I hear that's normal for the first go around.

Thanks for taking a look!

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 139.jpg (174.8 KB, 8 views)
marley77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #187
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
How's the crypt tank coming along dan? Ready for a couple rare ones?
I tore down my 55 grow-out tank and spread the plants around in my other tanks. Still have a lot of stuff floating that i'm not sure what to do with cause i'm out of room.
Haven't set up anything for the crypts - not ready for any new plants yet.

If anyone wants a beat up 55 its free if you can pick up before the weekend. Otherwise its going out with the yardsale stuff on Saturday.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #188
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley77 View Post
Hey guys,

Drexel student here. Standard 55 with 48" T5NO 2 bulb fixture housed in a piece of gutter. Fluval 305 and Tetra Whisper EX30 Filters. No Co2, so I do get some algae, mainly BBA on the equipment and on some crypts. 2 GBRs, 2 Bolivian Rams, 14 Harlequin Rasboras, 10 Albino Cories, 2 ember tetras, 3 Guppys and 2 Oto's that rarely come out.
Lots of plants that I think include African Green Hygro, Sunset hygro, Anubias Nana, Hygrophyla corymbosa "stricta",Limnophila sessiliflora, Red Root Floater, Frogbit, Hygrophyla polysperma.

This is my first real planted tank. The fish seem happy and healthy, they all eat well and I haven't had any deaths or diseases since I set it up. The cories lay eggs every month and the GBRs spawned last week. They ended up eating the eggs but I hear that's normal for the first go around.

Bill
It's looking good bill! Keep an eye out, you never know what stuff is gonna get tossed around in this local thread. We have a great group of people in here if you need anything, just holler!!
Btw, if you want to avoid the bba, raise your lights up
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #189
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Looking good van. They look like the perfect breeding tanks for those new kiddies, they are gonna love their new homes!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #190
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
I tore down my 55 grow-out tank and spread the plants around in my other tanks. Still have a lot of stuff floating that i'm not sure what to do with cause i'm out of room.
Haven't set up anything for the crypts - not ready for any new plants yet.

If anyone wants a beat up 55 its free if you can pick up before the weekend. Otherwise its going out with the yardsale stuff on Saturday.
No prob man. I'll just keep growing them out for ya i wish i had room for another tank, but right now, i'm kind of at my limit.. i plan on one more tank though, but it's gonna be a big one
Old 05-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #191
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Hey guys,

Bill
somebody get this young dragon some driftwood for the left side of his tank!! Lol
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #192
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
somebody get this young dragon some driftwood for the left side of his tank!! Lol
This old dragon would but someone clean me out of all my driftwood
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #193
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Ya know, i heard a rumor that that guy may have a few pieces lying around.....lol
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #194
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey guys,

Bill
Nice looking tank. Only recommendation is to turn that heater horizontal. The way you have it place scares me. I guess if you remember to turn it off before each water changes, you are fine.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #195
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You know, I still have this thing laying around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tree.jpg (2.6 KB, 58 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.