Miami-Lauderdale LFS List - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
fplata
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

I fully agree with you on Ed, he is a good dude
fplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
jerrybforl
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to jerrybforl Send a message via Skype™ to jerrybforl

Ed is awesome, and he always takes care of me. I've spent so much money there that he knows I'm going to and hooks me up every time!

JJ
jerrybforl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #18
seemlessstate
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I went to the planted aquarium store on Oakland park rd today, and I have to say that it lived up to my expectations and the reviews on here. They have a great selection of plants, fish and equipment. I bought 4 species of fish, some amano shrimp, and numerous plants, as well as a 10"x10" rimless nano aquarium and filter for my wife's office. The fish and tanks in the store all look very healthy and the staff was really knowledgeable.

I consider myself fairly experienced in planted tanks, and I've set up everything from high tech heavily planted community tanks to no tech bowls and pretty much everything in between, but I wouldn't say I am an expert. The staff really bridges the gap between someone who has a handle on the hobby but still needs some advice time to time.

The prices on equipment and plants seem good. The fish and inverts are pretty steep. $9 for a single crystal shrimp is pretty high IMO, and 4.99 for a CRS is a lot. I used to buy a dozen CRS for $5.99.
Expensive but probably worth it since they are all quality stock. I don't put a ton of fish in my tank so it's not a bug deal for me, but for guys with huge community tanks with 40 fish, it would be a sizable investment.

Over all it's a really good store.
I did buy some rocks that I left on the counter by accident when I left, so I will call them tommorow to see how they handle it. The guys were very nice and gave me a few freebies, so I expect them to be understanding since I live in west palm (45 mins+ away).

Go here. Even if you don't need anything, it's a cool place to check out
seemlessstate is offline   Reply With Quote