starting r/o and green water
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 06-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
disimm

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have been using well water for my tanks. I just started with r/o water. I have been slow replacing my water in tank with R/O about 1 to 2 gallons a day in a 29 gallon tank. My water is still green. I have turned off lights and co2. One angel, one pleco. Please help I thought the green water was do to well water.
disimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2003, 01:38 AM   #2
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

I don't believe that RO water will be the cure for your green water. You will have to post some of your parameters to give all the folks at plantedtank.net a better idea as to whats happening inside your aquarium. Believe me, they will help you come up with a solution!!
Also try and give us some of your tap water parameters.I hope you are not planning on using 100% RO water disimm. RO water alone will not sustain life in your aquarium. You will need to find a balance between your tap water and the RO. Again, your tap water parameters will help.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:19 AM   #3
aquaphish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

You can use only RO water but need to add nutrients that have been removed by the filtration process. I use 100% RO water and have not had any algae problems but I believe it is due to the nutrients I replaced.