Some finds from my Runs this weekend - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Hey Rob, next time you visit that petco, see if you can talk to the manager about getting more SAE.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
joon's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 847
Send a message via MSN to joon
Default

is the fish in picture true SAE?
i dont know it was only $2.50 which is not bad at all!
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
joon's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 847
Send a message via MSN to joon
Default

i found TRUE SAE $2.50 at hidden reef and they also had adult panda garra $16, crs for $9.99.
i dont know most of freshwater fish in hiddenreef seem like not perfect condition
i wish they improve freshwater/plant stock like old location
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
is the fish in picture true SAE?
i dont know it was only $2.50 which is not bad at all!
Looked like true SAE to me. The stripe went all the way through the tail. The dorsal fin seemed a bit long, but I could just be making that up because I haven't actually looked closely at mine in awhile.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
moonwasaloon
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 495
Default

I hoping to get a couple SAE tomorrow from hidden reef.
moonwasaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
is the fish in picture true SAE?
i dont know it was only $2.50 which is not bad at all!

Look like a true SAE to me
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
robxc80
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 289
Default

just went and bought 3 more. He carries them regularly.

And yes, the manager does the orders which is why this petco has good stock. The guy is a hobbyist and likes to mix things up.

Nemo's has an amazing selection as of late on Tanganyikans, Peacocks, and more Rainbows. Clearly the change in ownership brought in new resources and the new manager in charge of ordering is really going where the profit is.

Among other things, here's what I found yesterday there

Noteworthy Tanganyikans - (on top of the usual brichardi's, lelupi's, and Julidochromis)
- Cyphotilapia Giberrosa - Nice BLUE frontosas
- 5 Different Tropheus Moori Species
- Gold Alto. Compressiceps
- Black Calvus
- White Calvus
- Cyathopharynx Furcifer
- Spathados Erythrodon (Blud Spotted Goby Cichlid): These guys are amazing

Oddballs
- Motoro Stingrays

SA Cichlids
- A little light but they have full grown Geo. Steindachneri
- Mid Size Geo. "Surinamensis"
- Grown Angels about 4-5 inches in Diameter

Rainbows
- Parkinsonii
- Pseudoincicus
- Bosemanii
- Bleherii
- Turqoise Rainbows
- Madagascar Rainbows

Tetras
- Nice tank of Cardinals

Plants are limited but the Crypts are nice sized and 5.99 and they have Undulata, Spiralis, Red Wendtii, Green Wendtii, Parva, and Lutea. Very Robust


-
robxc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
robxc80
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 289
Default

Ardmore Petco Had.

- More SAE's mixed in with Flying Foxes (Good because it helps the buyer make the distinction. Confused on why the mistake is ever made. They look disimilar)
- More Beckford's Pencils
- NIce group of Marbled Hatchets
- Red Phantoms
- Several Cory Cat Species: Julii (actually Trileniatus) are only 4 bucks.
- Whiptails Loricara Plecos (don't eat algae but plant safe)
- Goyder River Rainbows
- Maccullochi Rainbows (2 very nice ones)
- Madagascar Rainbows
- Healthy Rummynose Tetras (6 left at only 2.99)
robxc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #24
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxc80 View Post
Ardmore Petco Had.

- More SAE's mixed in with Flying Foxes (Good because it helps the buyer make the distinction. Confused on why the mistake is ever made. They look disimilar)
- More Beckford's Pencils
- NIce group of Marbled Hatchets
- Red Phantoms
- Several Cory Cat Species: Julii (actually Trileniatus) are only 4 bucks.
- Whiptails Loricara Plecos (don't eat algae but plant safe)
- Goyder River Rainbows
- Maccullochi Rainbows (2 very nice ones)
- Madagascar Rainbows
- Healthy Rummynose Tetras (6 left at only 2.99)
More SAE...good to hear. I really wish there was instructions on how to breed these things. I'm getting a lot of breeding like behavior, but I'm not around my tanks long enough to check for eggs.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxc80 View Post
just went and bought 3 more. He carries them regularly.

And yes, the manager does the orders which is why this petco has good stock. The guy is a hobbyist and likes to mix things up.

Nemo's has an amazing selection as of late on Tanganyikans, Peacocks, and more Rainbows. Clearly the change in ownership brought in new resources and the new manager in charge of ordering is really going where the profit is.

Among other things, here's what I found yesterday there

Noteworthy Tanganyikans - (on top of the usual brichardi's, lelupi's, and Julidochromis)
- Cyphotilapia Giberrosa - Nice BLUE frontosas
- 5 Different Tropheus Moori Species
- Gold Alto. Compressiceps
- Black Calvus
- White Calvus
- Cyathopharynx Furcifer
- Spathados Erythrodon (Blud Spotted Goby Cichlid): These guys are amazing

Oddballs
- Motoro Stingrays

SA Cichlids
- A little light but they have full grown Geo. Steindachneri
- Mid Size Geo. "Surinamensis"
- Grown Angels about 4-5 inches in Diameter

Rainbows
- Parkinsonii
- Pseudoincicus
- Bosemanii
- Bleherii
- Turqoise Rainbows
- Madagascar Rainbows

Tetras
- Nice tank of Cardinals

Plants are limited but the Crypts are nice sized and 5.99 and they have Undulata, Spiralis, Red Wendtii, Green Wendtii, Parva, and Lutea. Very Robust


-
I saw that pets plus/nature's pet/nemo's has been raising their prices on potted plants. The p.p. in langhorne jumped to $5.99/pot and the p.p. woodhaven is charging $7.99/pot. Way too much. I'll sell anyone the same crypt as a mother plant for $3 or $4....lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 618
Default

Well if anyone wants a single SAE, I have a huge one for you.
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,272
Default

Huge is an understatement sir!! That thing is massive!! Lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Huge is an understatement sir!! That thing is massive!! Lol
And it's even bigger since the last time you saw it.

Bill, I think 2 of the L46 are pairing up in a cave.
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #29
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,272
Default

No way, are you serious? I'll never be able to afford those babies......too rich for my blood....lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
No way, are you serious? I'll never be able to afford those babies......too rich for my blood....lol
I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was not happy to find a dead L46 in one of the cave last week. Pleco are known to be brutal to their mate when spawning. I have one of my ABN male that I can't put any female in the same tank. He managed to kill a few already.

So being dissapointed that I lost one of the L46, I was a bit surprised to find 2 L46 in the same cave this morning and one does have the shape of a female. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012