Best One-Day-Stockup Trip Stops?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Willing2Learn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Best One-Day-Stockup Trip Stops?

Tore down and restarted our tank and planning a trip from the rockford area into the burbs to get a pile o' plants to get it rolling again. Have been to Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates and know they have some plants - but is there a better option? Not against having to go to several shops in the NW burbs over the course of the day to find a variety as we need just about everything. Want to find some Cabomba or Myrio for the back, maybe some corkscrew Vals or other BG plants, mid-ground, and some foregrounds. Any suggestions for must-go-to shops to find as much of this stuff as possible? Your help greatly appreciated!
Willing2Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Bahugo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

Go too Milwaukee I hear they have shops that blows ours away, Rockford too Milwaukee and Rockford too Chicago are the same distance (give or take a few min).

Just throwing it out there for you.
Fraternity of dirt #8
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
larcat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Know any names? I'm up there occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahugo View Post
Go too Milwaukee I hear they have shops that blows ours away, Rockford too Milwaukee and Rockford too Chicago are the same distance (give or take a few min).

Just throwing it out there for you.
larcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

If I was doing that, I'd plan the trip on 2/19. Hit the GCCA swap 1st, you can contact Jeff and pre-order. The best water quality I've seen in a longtime was in "Fish Planet" in Deerfield, a fair amount of plants. I'd call any store the day before to check availability and then again while in route.

I'd suggest you also post a WTB on the "Parking Lot Swap" thread as members here might have what you want.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
larcat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

He has a tank full of assorted crypts at the moment. Small store, limited selection at times, but gorgeous quality and lovely livestock.

My favorite store in the area.

If you are just coming once though, yes, the swap is your best bet by orders of magnitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
If I was doing that, I'd plan the trip on 2/19. Hit the GCCA swap 1st, you can contact Jeff and pre-order. The best water quality I've seen in a longtime was in "Fish Planet" in Deerfield, a fair amount of plants. I'd call any store the day before to check availability and then again while in route.

I'd suggest you also post a WTB on the "Parking Lot Swap" thread as members here might have what you want.
larcat is offline   Reply With Quote