40 Gal Breeder (finally High-tech), My 'Colectoritis' tank..Updated: 08/28/2013 - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #31
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)

WOW that R. macrandra is actually growing good for me! I can't believe it! Doesn't look as great as it did when I originally received it, but still has good redish color and is pushing up nicely

THANKS again OVT!

Hmm, but maintenance is no fun to trim stuff every week or so, gets kinda out of control...So I might end up cutting back the light duration for my 4xbulb blast to 4hrs or so, or CO2 back, or both...we will see..
sketch804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #32
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

Okay, been half a month or so..So I decided to post a few pix I had taken. I added a Wild Green Oto (Epactionotus aky) from Uruguay and a Sumo Loach to my tank here recently, hopefully they will both survive. Everything seems to be growing nicely except for R. Macrandra, it is growing up great but the colors are less than impressive. So I am changing my fert dosing, because I believe I have too much KNO3 right now, I over dosed because I measured out my liquid additive wrong when I made the batch, so scratched it and started over with a new bottle and did it right this time, since my last batch started to grow mold in the water, no good. So I had probably about 80ppm or so in NO3, so I stopped dosing last week and did a tank change and it is still at 30ppm about..UGH! So, new plan will hopefully work. Also recieved a green tiger lotus from a local guy (Thanks VeeSe!!)..

ANYWAYS, here we go:

Tank starting to fill in nicely, just gave it a BIG trim and gave a bunch of plants away to a local person who's tank had crashed while he was in India for 2mo..hopefully they will work for him.

Definitely not looking as good, but it will come around..

L. Aromatica finally shooting up nicely..

Cant remember the name Hydrocoyle or something, but finally pushing off nicely.

Suspect "C. Nurii" giving me lots of runners, so I will throw this in an emersed setup to flower it and get it's real ID..

New Green Tiger Lotus, all the leaves melted, but its coming back slowly but surely.

Here's my new Green Oto, though he isn't very green right now because I believe he didn't get much algae in the tank he came from, but used to be green as the underside of a leaf 5mo ago. keeping my fingers crossed.

A plant from my 10gal, looking great!

Also Finally got a few shots of my fish up close:

And up close of the green oto, Epactionotus aky (I believe).
Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #33
knuggs

PTrader: (77/100%)

Nice looking tank sketch! Lots of beautiful scapes!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #34
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

beautiful fish sketch... btw i got your crypt nurii's phone number, i'ma see if she wants to have a drink sometime... she's soo hot! lol

- thefisherman

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
FreshtoSalt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

Wow, just found this thread... great looking plants!
Love the variety.
FreshtoSalt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #36
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

Thank you everyone for all your kind words..i do what i can. My goal is ADA style but i have a long way to go til i get there. Right now i am just trying dail down this EI dosing and proper CO2 use. But yes i love to have a vast array of variety in my tank, thats one reason it is so hard to stick with a specific type of scape..it's ever changing! Thanks you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefisherman View Post
beautiful fish sketch... btw i got your crypt nurii's phone number, i'ma see if she wants to have a drink sometime... she's soo hot! lol

- thefisherman
Haha lmao, well just give here some nice drinx and she'll give you a great time I promise! Thanks so much for all that, fish used to be number 2 in my tank but now I am trying to strike a balance between fish and plants..I just found a new importer so my fish are bound to change once i can figure out what schooling fish i want to keep now hmmm..

Anyone have any suggestions on a great schooling fish for my tank?? I am thinking i want rummynose fish (the true form) but I want something more than the average fish! But seems rummynose might end up being the one if dude can get in nice looking ones, so far the ones I see are drab in color..Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited by sketch804; 02-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: SP
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

schooling/hovering fish, perfect scale for your tank imo... 18-24 pygmy cories or cory hasboras ftw!

- thefisherman

Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #38
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
schooling/hovering fish, perfect scale for your tank imo... 18-24 pygmy cories or cory hasboras ftw!

- thefisherman
Ya i actually have some cory hasboras and i plan on getting like 10 more here soon. But i need some other mid-level schooler. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #39
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch804 View Post
Ya i actually have some cory hasboras and i plan on getting like 10 more here soon. But i need some other mid-level schooler. Thanks for the suggestion!
a crew of dwarf neon rainbows or furcatas rainbow (crazy little buggers)... or micro rasboras like 50 chilis

- thefisherman

Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #40
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

micro rasboras i havent heard of them before..hmm ill have to check that out...is that the common name?? Ya i was also thinking of the chili ones also..the really small red with a green line through there body fish i believe..a school of 20+ of those would be awesome!

Ya I would love this little guy..

Last edited by sketch804; 02-16-2012 at 11:35 PM..
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
aXio
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Very beautiful tank
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #42
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch804 View Post
micro rasboras i havent heard of them before..hmm ill have to check that out...is that the common name?? Ya i was also thinking of the chili ones also..the really small green with red line through there body fish i believe..a school of 20+ of those would be awesome!

Ya I would love this little guy..
i might of made "micro rasbora" up sketch, i'm a noob still bit i swear i rea or heard of them before... perhaps it was in the NYC LFS thread where they were selling them at Winn... i know they also had little green neons which would be equally pleasing

as far as chilis and strawberry rasboras... msjinkzd might have a ton tin stock for a good price :O i'm excited for you sketch, i can't wait to see what you decide!

- thefisherman

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Borara brigittae
kwheeler91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #44
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwheeler91 View Post
Borara brigittae
Ya Borara brigittae, thats the name i was looking for, thanks so much kwheeler91, i just cant remember the names and i dont have my book next to me ha.

Quote:
i might of made "micro rasbora" up sketch, i'm a noob still bit i swear i rea or heard of them before... perhaps it was in the NYC LFS thread where they were selling them at Winn... i know they also had little green neons which would be equally pleasing

as far as chilis and strawberry rasboras... msjinkzd might have a ton tin stock for a good price :O i'm excited for you sketch, i can't wait to see what you decide!

- thefisherman
Hmmm, thanx I might have to ask her about them! Appreciate it! Well If I can get them through her or my local importer I think that might be the direction I am going to go! I have been looking into the Blue Keeri also, seems like a nice addition, but the chili's are smaller so I can get a big school, so I don't know right now, but I am sure I will figure something out here soon! I will keep ya posted one way or another!

Last edited by sketch804; 02-15-2012 at 03:11 AM..
Old 02-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aXio View Post
Very beautiful tank
Thanks so much! I appreciate it! I try, sometimes i just dont know though..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.