Canada Post can't locate a Canadian address.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 08-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #1
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Canada Post can't locate a Canadian address.

Yes, seriously, they can't locate a legit Canadian address. I sent a package out to Canada on the 15th and got it back today. Tracking shows that Canada Post can't locate the address. The seller contacted me about the tracking info situation. He has confirmed that his PayPal address is correct and current. I managed to peel off the Canada Post sticker which was covering my USPS postal sticker. And asking the postal clerk if they can resend it without me paying double charge on the same package. She said she could resend it. Great. This time, I printed out the address labels instead and to tape them on the package. Before, I hand written them and my hand writing wasn't that bad that Canada Post can't read them. Has this happened to anyone here? I am beginning to hear about horror stories in shipping stuff to Canada. Some even goes so far to refuse shipping anything to Canada but they won't have problems sending stuff to places like China, Hong Kong, or Thailand.

Canon Pimp Club #005
tetra73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

I had that happen to me because my address was missing the suite number. Paypal had my confirmed address without the suite number which is strange. Also, sometimes the older generation like my parents, will list the suburb instead of the city. They combined all the surrounding cities around Toronto so now it's one big ... err.. city.

You can try adding instructions, maybe Canada Post will be able to figure it out.

Delivery Note: Past the beaver damn, sharp right into the Maple forest, a stone throw straight over the ice rink, door 3 on the left with the big Canadian flag.
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
Also, sometimes the older generation like my parents, will list the suburb instead of the city. They combined all the surrounding cities around Toronto so now it's one big ... err.. city.
Oh dear. I still refer to them as North York, Scarborough, Etobicoke, etc.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

Anyone living in the Viger Street or Viger West in Montreal? Apparently, there are few ways to write this street, not sure how. I was instructed by the seller to write Viger West. Other addresses in the same street is written as Avenue Viger West.

Canon Pimp Club #005
Old 08-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
charlie 1
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra73 View Post
Anyone living in the Viger Street or Viger West in Montreal? Apparently, there are few ways to write this street, not sure how. I was instructed by the seller to write Viger West. Other addresses in the same street is written as Avenue Viger West.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ave...24627e0362e67b.
I would use the French listing of the address, as shown on google maps
charlie 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 1 View Post
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ave...24627e0362e67b.
I would use the French listing of the address, as shown on google maps
Hmmm...well, the seller paypal physical address is Viger West though. Well, let's see if the package would get back to me again this time. Maybe I would just refund his money and forget about ever sending anything to Canada again since Canada Post couldn't even setup a street naming standard.

Canon Pimp Club #005