daverock1337's 29g high tech & 10g rili shrimp !PIC HEAVY! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

The gray rock in there, what is it? It could be what is pushing up the ph. I had a rock that did that to me a while back. Couldn't figure it out until a LFS owner told me to try removing any white or gray rocks. Turned out it was altering the parameters.
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #17
daverock1337
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)

i removed the gray rocks. i have quite a few friends over so pics will have to wait until tomorrow after work. but they will go up.
daverock1337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #18
daverock1337
Planted Tank Obsessed

rili shrimp tank update. trim/rescape of the 29 happening tomorrow. gotta love snow days.

i got a marineland double bright led light, and have painted the background carribean blue. i really like how it turned out. i have some more stuff for the shrimp on its way. also, i should have a pair of apisto borelli opal red face coming for the 29 gallon tank.

here is a video of my tank. you can see the new led light shimmering.

and here are some new pics.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #19
fishboy199413
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Is it true you are getting rid of your planted tanks? ):
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
daverock1337
Planted Tank Obsessed

i urned my 29 gallon into a reef. right now it has base rock and live sand in it. started the cycle with some fish food. gettin a piece of live rock in a week to seed the base rock. may also get some copepods to add to it.

the ten gallon has some tiger endler's, an apisto agassizzi female, a salt and pepper cory, a bunch of floating christmas moss, and the few crypts that were't covered in algae. it has some manzanita in it also and root capsules. for lighting it has a marineland double bright led light on it. i may see what the parameter are in it and try some different shrimp, so far all my shrimp keeping endeavors have failed.

the decision to go reef was a seed planted by a really good friend of mine who gave up freshwater for salt a long time ago. also, with my lights on the 29 i wasn;t able to get things in check with co2, when i got the levels correct it was too much co2 for my fish. almost wiped them all out.

it wasn;t an easy choice, but its one i'm excited about. i am really liking the idea of corals and all the inverts that go with a reef. plus the fish are gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.