Planted Nano Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Hawkian
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Planted Nano Tank

I am setting up a planted Nano 10G tank with the intent of housing a Crowntail Betta in there eventually. I have all the equipment I need so far but I am stumped on which filter to get. I would want a filter that does a good job on a 10G (20 x 10 x 12) but that doesn't agitate the water overly so that the Betta doesn't get mad at me in the long run. The tank being small as it is I would like something along the lines of an HOB power filter (so it doesn't take up too much room in the tank) but I'm afraid that the water intake tube may be too dangerous for the Betta's fins to get stuck into (not counting the water return flow which may infuriate the poor fish as it swims along).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any good alternatives out there?
Hawkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
fresh.salty
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

If you're worried about the filter intake put a sponge prefilter on it. Whichever filter you decide on should be fine if it has some sort of flow control on the input tube.
fresh.salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Say Car Ramrod
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I used the smallest aqueon quiet flow filter on my 10 gallon with a veiltail in it. At first my betta wasn't too fond of it but after about 5 days he was loving it. I now have a duetto 50 filter on my 10inch cube with a betta. Its pretty compact and doesnt take up too much room. Also it works very well with the adjustable flow. Fluval also makes a filter with a spray bar and adjustable flow.
Say Car Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote