DIY Co2 for a shrimp tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 12-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
DesmondTheMoonBear
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/80%)

DIY Co2 for a shrimp tank

I have a fluval EBI 7.9 (Well, not yet, but I'm just planning) gallon with 2 stock 13w lights, and one 13w ottlite desk lamp. To combat algae I'm going to have to do Co2, and I just figured pressurized wasn't worth it with such a small tank. So I purchased some Co2 tubing, check valves, and a drop checker off [Ebay Link Removed] How am I gonna do this? Should I use the regular 2 liter soda bottle, or would that be too big for this tank? I'll use the stock fluval EBI filter, but plan to add a HOB and diffuse the co2 through that, sound good? Just wondering on how I can set this up.

Fauna: Will be RCS, possibly an otto or two depending on algae.

Florida: Fissidens, flame moss, peacock, taiwan, xmas, riccia, anubias petite nana, java ferns, frogit, and a couple unIDed crypts. Will probably add more crypts and stem plants when money allows it.
DesmondTheMoonBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
outcast
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

use jello co2 for a longer more stable batch. i always recommend the rigid cranberry containers of various sizes because they dont tip as easily. the crypts will love the stable co2 more than the fluctuating
Filstar pimp #116! aka Neven elsewhere
Tanks: 29Gv2 planted community; 10G guppies; 5G nano; 2.5G Betta
old scapes: 29Gv1; 10Gv3; 10Gv2
outcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
jasonpatterson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

A 2L won't be too big for the tank, whatever recipe you decide on. I used a 2L on a 3g tank for some time with no problems.
jasonpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.