Wisconsinites - question for you
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Wisconsin

Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
dzydvl
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Wisconsinites - question for you

There seems to be a few of us around, I know there are a few groups around, but would anyone here be interested in trying to start something up?
dzydvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
RipariumGuy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Count me in! Check out the "WI LFS's" thread. Me and Defiesexistance talked about starting a WAGA: WI Aquatic Plant Association for a while.
Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
RipariumGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
defiesexistence
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm still up for it.

Hi-five, dzydvl! (And Jake, for that matter) We should all start this up together. Anyone else, on this sleepy sub-forum?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
RipariumGuy
Planted Tank Guru

Helloez? Any bodys?
Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
no51
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Maybe.
no51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
defiesexistence
Planted Tank Enthusiast

What if the membership was free (not saying it is, but what if? Would people join then?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
RipariumGuy
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiesexistence View Post
What if the membership was free (not saying it is, but what if? Would people join then?
I would join anyway even if it was not free. A yearly $15 or so fee is not asking too much.

Come on people! 61 views? And no commenting?
Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
defiesexistence
Planted Tank Enthusiast

^ Wisconsin is filled with cheap people like ourselves and it would encourage people to join, and they could donate a couple of bucks for paper, etc if they wanted. A cheap membership could do the same, and we wouldn't need donations. Funds would be strictly for the running of the club.

C'mon people, at meetings, if we get enough people, I will make some killer cupcakes. Have you ever had a dark beer cupcake with dried cherries, raisins, and cranberries with triple chocolate/vanilla frosting? Or mint chocolate, with a fudge frosting? JOIN.

Even if you don't want to join, ideas are appreciated. Dzydvl, some of your ideas would be great. You did start the thread, and I sense we are taking over here.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
fishranger
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

I'll join even if you have to pay , gotta love Wisconsin.
fishranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
RipariumGuy
Planted Tank Guru

Here would be my idea:

Name: WAGA = Wisconsin Aquatic Gardeners Acc.

Mettings
Two meetings (one in Madison other in Green Bay or?) once a month at LFS, public area, members house ETC. Preferably LFS or public area.

Other Things
Website/blog with LFS reviews, dates of meetings, news, ETC. Forum as well?
Monthly newsletter via email with swap and shop section, articles, news, (LFS news?) ETC.
Yearly/Biyearly plant swap/auction
Feild trips
Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
defiesexistence
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You have many aquarists in the Milwaukee area. Madison is still far away for them. A central place would be nice, or the ability to Skype, or something. Switching at LFS and homes around the state are also plausible. 2 meetings are also good.

We are at 4 people so far, with another possible. And whoever is lurking and maybe wants to join.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
naturelady
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Madison actually already has a planted aquarium group that meets monthly during the school year. Google "Madison Aquarium Gardeners Club"

One thought: Starting with an already-existing local aquarium club and trying to get them to have talks/articles etc emphasizing planted aquariums may be easier to get going.
naturelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
fishranger
Algae Grower

Default plants

Just a Dude
As for the Milwaukee area thats were Im orginally from just up in the middle of no where in superior for college. In milwaukee they have the MAS but there still should be people who would want to make a plant group unless that has been put into play already.

Though an online groups sounds good to me since theres no fish clubs (Only bars and I mean a ton) in superior. Ones in MN but 3hrs away. skype is another way to do meetings and as for swaps we could mail each other plants to each other they should arrive alive since shipping is not far.

Cory

Last edited by fishranger; 02-17-2011 at 03:28 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #14
defiesexistence
Planted Tank Enthusiast

^Not bad, but if we had a meeting in Milwaukee, there would be no reason to skype if you lived around the area. Also thankful that you brought local shipping out; it's probably cheaper too.

Ah, this thread is alive, and I smile.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #15
fishranger
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiesexistence View Post
^Not bad, but if we had a meeting in Milwaukee, there would be no reason to skype if you lived around the area. Also thankful that you brought local shipping out; it's probably cheaper too.

Ah, this thread is alive, and I smile.

If there was a meeting in Milwaukee I would not be able to go i live 7hrs away from milwaukee now. So Skype would work for me. The shipping of plants would be a way to share with other members and spreads some plants that are not seen or just to share. Not saying I have any rare plants yet but if I did I would share, guess I better work on that.