Co2 Refill in Austin
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
Damian
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)

Co2 Refill in Austin

Where can I go to get a refill for a 5# tank here in Austin? Preferably South(Congress/ben white) area. I work up north aswell and can head up there if needed.
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
semperfimrn1
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

i believe academy can do it for you. could be wrong
semperfimrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Dr_Hoatzin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

The fire extinguisher place off Airport near Lamar can do it. Don't bother with Air Gas, they've recently changed equipment and will no longer fill tanks 5 lbs. or smaller (or so they told me last week). And Austin Homebrew can never seem to fill your tank to capacity.

If you find any other options, please let me know...Air Gas used to be my primary fill site.
Dr_Hoatzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Damian
Planted Member

I used to use homebrew but been having problems with them as well. Thanks for the heads up about air gas. I use academy to fill my paintball canister but am not sure if they'll fill the 5 pound one.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Damian
Planted Member

Just got off the phone with several academy stores and none will do it. Called airgas and they gave me the same speech about not filling 5# and under.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
ukamikazu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)
Lightbulb

Then Austin Homebrew it is. There is a secret to getting them to fill your cylinder fully. Put it in your freezer the night before then the next day take it to them packed in ice, like sticking out of smallish cooler or insulated bag. It works every time for me.
"You are much better off with no numbers than meaningless ones. The minute you believe numbers uncritically, that is, without understanding how they're calculated and how well they measure whatever they're supposed to measure, you will generate a breed of employee who will produce numbers and not results. Your data-processing system will then serve not to describe reality but to lie about it."

-Micheal S. Montalbano
ukamikazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
jestep

PTrader: (0/0%)

Love the store but Homebrew is getting expensive. I'm not sure when their prices went up, but I used to be able to get my 10# filled for about $15. They're up to $3 per lb, $30 plus tax for a 10# tank is pretty crazy.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote