My 2 Gal Hexagon refurb
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

My 2 Gal Hexagon refurb

Got my led bulb today. Works perfectly.

Go me.
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

I guess I could add, because this is the journal section and all. I made the bubbler filter out of spare parts and some junk Jayme had lying around. Used synthetic cork to plug the bottom of the plastic tube. (pretty sure its a plain foam rubber)

Using Petco white sand, should look great with a black betta. Also, the gravel vac Jayme has works great on this style of sand without sucking the sand out.

Jayme was nice enough to lend me a few things from her already established tanks to encourage seeding of my sponge filter (the moss ball, the baggy of stuff, and a piece of plant). Its not a very big sponge of course, I don't think a betta would need much anyway, but something is better than nothing IMO.

Of course, plans of having a pretty betta in here right near my desk, to watch me play BF3 in the evenings. >.>
Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

Tonight I changed the airstone. The old one I felt was blocking too much water flow. After changing the stone looks like I'm getting double the water flow out the top. Its also a much quieter stone.

Edit : Also got some plant bulbs and dropped those in. Got them from Petco called "Betta Bulbs".
Old 01-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

Nothing new really except its cycling.

The other things didn't quite kick off the cycle well. I've borrowed some of Jayme's plants and the evil ghost shrimp with two I think they are called Chinese trapdoor snails?

Anyway. With the seeding of the sponge filter and the messy snails its now cycling out nicely. Twice daily water changes for a while and the tank should be gtg in a while.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Jayme
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Nothing new really except its cycling.

The other things didn't quite kick off the cycle well. I've borrowed some of Jayme's plants and the evil ghost shrimp with two I think they are called Chinese trapdoor snails?

Anyway. With the seeding of the sponge filter and the messy snails its now cycling out nicely. Twice daily water changes for a while and the tank should be gtg in a while.
Hey now, I took apart the Fluval 206 and dug some Seachem Matrix out for you and put it in a baggy. Just gotta deal with looking at it for a bit, heh.
Jayme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

Rethinking putting Lance in this tank. He's extremely active in his temporary tank at the moment. Has been extremely active since we've brought him home.

I am pretty sure he'd be happier with a bigger tank than what this would provide. Certainly much more active than I have seen a betta before.