Fairly new to the hobby, are there any members in the Clarksville area? - Page 49
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Tennessee

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #721
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)

I really want some roselines (denison barbs) but it depends how much they are and I will only take them if when they come in they are left in their shipping bag. I hate for fish to come in, go from bag to tank and a few hours later go back into another bag to eventually end up in my tank. LMK what you can get them for.
Oh I would also really like some panda cories, but I want adults. Last time justin ordered them for me he got a bunch of babies and they didn't make it. I think they were to small to be shipped.
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #722
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

ok, I will look into that for you. I do know that Caroline at Pet palace told me that she could get hem for like 4.99 or 5.99 each depending on how many are ordered. More than 6 I think you get a better price, though she also told me that they get as large as the peppered that I have. I wanted dwarf sized ones so I passed on that. Have you seen the longfin ones? They are pretty cool looking. I might have to get some at the same time as you, the cories that is. I will ask about the roselines.. Will keep you posted
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #723
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

That's about average for the pandas. I might put an order in after I get the rest of my hunting gear. Season opens Sept. 21 so I got some more gear that comes before the fish lol. I do like the long fins, I like the long fin BN too. I will let you know when I'm ready to put my order in. I am all about a group buy. More savings. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #724
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

So it looks like the 15g rili tank will not be going back to the classroom. My wife said she would rather have a planted tank with fish as they are easier to see then shrimp. So I am going to keep the 15g as I would like to keep a shrimp tank at the house anyway.
Now instead I am going to take the 20L into the school for her. The blue pearls seem to all have disappeared for whatever reason. Currently the tank only houses 3 amano shrimp which will be moved in with the rilis and a few ottos which will stay. The tank has a piece of mantazita with java moss, a small crypt and a couple stems of L. aromatica sp? What do you guys think would be a good couple species of fish to put in that would be active, colorful, stay small and not reproduce like crazy like guppies or mollys would?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #725
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Stay small you say? Well there are almost all of the fish that Msjinkzed sells, the CPD's are beautiful and active, the chili rasboras are another good one, though they may stay too small for those kids to see. Why not Rasboras Hets or Neons? Glo Tetra? We have some smaller species fish at the store. I had Justin call in those that you are looking for, but he did not get a call back yet, I will check again with him. If you do come in Friday, I can show you ones that I think will be good for a smaller tank, that school and I can tell you if the tank has been medicated recently. White Cloud minnows would be good too I think
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #726
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

check out rachel's stocklist and if you want to get somethign from her, which I recommend cause she has great stock, I might join you in that and we can split the shipping. 35.00 is a lot to pay for shipping and we could half that and it would be much more reasonable. If Bobby were to want something as well, that would be even better!

http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #727
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Like I said I am all about a group buy to cut down on shipping. I will do some looking tonight and let you know something.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #728
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

cool
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #729
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Therese, thanks for the links I have been doing a lot of reading on those and links inside them. Also I like the rasbora het. I picked up 5 of them for my sons tank, now I think I will pick up a large school of them for my 125g and eventually some for her classroom tank.

To all here. If you are wanting a tank I have a few to give out. I have for certain a 5 gallon, a 10 gallon, and then I've got a goofy looking tank. I really like it, I didn't measure it, but it's approx 48L 12H 12W but it's got glass dividers. So essentially it's 4 small tanks. I'd like to use it but I have no where to put it. I'm pretty sure there are a couple more. I will know more this weekend when I go clean this house out.
Oh yeah there is another one that is 30H 247/8H 18W. That I think would make an awesome terreium (I can't spell today).
Old 08-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #730
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'd like to get that 5 gallon from you, if you haven't found ahome for it yet. I traded a 10 for a 5 a few weeks ago but clumsy me somehow broke some glass so I tossed it. Thanks!
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #731
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Not a problem, it's yours.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #732
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, let me know when you want me to come and get it off your hands. Have a great day! (did you survive BPS last night)
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #733
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons01 View Post
Thanks, let me know when you want me to come and get it off your hands. Have a great day! (did you survive BPS last night)
Whenever works best for you. If you'd like come get it this evening. With all luck I will be in the garage cleaning the tanks out and getting them ready for whatever ends up happening to them.
As for BPS we didn't make it. By the time I got back home and we got on the road we were gonna be left with less than an hour so we just decided to go next weekend after work when theres more time. I did make it back to the gun store again Sunday to spend more money lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #734
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

HAHA, that's funny. They need to do something special for you with all of that money you just gave that store!

If this evening, what time range works? I will be at the LFS until 4 and then who knows but I imagine cooking dinner falls in there somewhere. I could come after that when you think you will be home
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #735
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

I haven't spent as much as a lot of my friends have recently, the joy of not having a wife and kids I guess.
This evening I should be home around 515-520 and should be there till around 715 when Lindsay gets home and then were all leaving for about an hour or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.