Fairly new to the hobby, are there any members in the Clarksville area? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Tennessee

Old 12-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

HA, my goodness that is a heck of a drive! I see why you would though. I wasn't that impressed with J&M, but the guy that I talked to that last time seemed to know his stuff. But yes, his price quotes were insane. Almost 3-4.00 per Vallisneria plant. Glad I didn't ask him to order them, though I think he did anyway. Have you been to the Aquatic Critter in Nashville? I have been 2 times, the tanks look nice and healthy. The plants I bought as my first batch months ago didn't do so well. Could have been them, could have been me, who knows. They have a small selection of plants, I thought. Better though than what C-ville has to offer. For sure you could let me know when you are going next time, who knows I may be in the market for something at that time. I am working on a low light tank, going to keep low plants since I do not want to do the CO2 thing. Gotta start easy.. Looking to rehome some guppies, would you be interested? Or anyone you know? Maybe the class tank needs something new?? I got them recently, and discovered I don't much care to keep them. They are too aggressive with my cory cats at feeding time...
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)

Yeah their plants are a little high too. As for Gordons thread. I would buy from him. I have ordered from him on 3 occasions now and always got good plants and deals.

I have been to the aquatic critter a few times. Will be going again next month to get my son some new fish for his 10g and maybe some more for mine. I'm going to take a look at the plants too while I'm up there.

I will def. let you know next time I head east.

If you ever want to come by and look at the tanks LMK I have all three at the house at the moment while school is out. Come January I will be taking the classroom tank back in to the school. As for the guppies yeah I actually could use something to put in that tank, but I'll need to wait a week or two until it's done cycling if you don't mind.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Don't mind at all. Happy to see them go some where. I have 4 bettas in my other 4 tanks and I just have no where for them to go. 3 females, and 6 fry. I guess thats lucky? not sure how I felt about having the fry 2 days after I brought them home... LOl there was a male but sadly, he didn't make it. Just let me know when you are cycled and I will bring them so I can check out your tanks..
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Okay that works, thank you very much. If your interested I should have some baby jungle vals if your interested.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

hehe, yes I would..
Old 12-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Done, I'll let you know when the tank is cycled and I'll save any baby plants I get for you.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Default Guppy update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons01 View Post
Don't mind at all. Happy to see them go some where. I have 4 bettas in my other 4 tanks and I just have no where for them to go. 3 females, and 6 fry. I guess thats lucky? not sure how I felt about having the fry 2 days after I brought them home... LOl there was a male but sadly, he didn't make it. Just let me know when you are cycled and I will bring them so I can check out your tanks..
I lost another female over this last week, however, had about 20-25 born yesterday... How big was your tank again? LOL, I have a feeling I will be able to fill er up
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #23
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I lost another female over this last week, however, had about 20-25 born yesterday... How big was your tank again? LOL, I have a feeling I will be able to fill er up
It's a 15g. Actually I'm almost tempted to put them in my turtle tank so he can feed off the fry. I think guppies breeding in a 15g will over run it in a few weeks.
The 15g is still cycling, but the turtle tank is doing great. It actually has quite a bit of platty fry in it atm.

I plan to house RCS in the 15g and once it gets good and filled up I will start culling it and putting some in the turtle tank. He really likes ghost shrimp, but I think if I can give them enough hiding spots maybe they can breed faster than he can eat.

Then again I'm looking at ordering another turtle here soon.

/rambling.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #24
AesopRocks247
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Hmm
AesopRocks247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #25
forester
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

hey wats up guys , lived in clarksville for bout 12 years, live out near dickson now . i come to clarksville a bit to see my folks but would be willing to meet up swap plants , tank used to be a jungle but kinda had a rough year but have a couple fun stuff and will defintatly have cuttings going here real soon
forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #26
forester
Planted Member

oh and actually have some subwassertang that have collected and is in a coffee mug lol , prolly bout a hangful as it is all alot of pieces that fell off and a couple clumps, u would just need some mesh to help it stay together as it grows at first . but right now u would have to come out to dickson as my 80cj5 not taking long trips to well to clarksville ^^
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Forester. that sounds do-able, for sure! Hopefully by then I will have a better grasp on what I am doing... I have just 3 variety's ATM but I am awaiting an order so hopefully in the next week I will have a good low light start. Would love to do some trades at some point

@Slammed, I meant to tell you the other day that if you are thinking about the wisteria, that would be something I could trade you for the vals at some point, as I am still interested in them and the wisteria grows fast and is easy to propagate. I see my leaves seem to be looking better, I am out today to get some supplies and hopefully will find what I need. You use dry ferts, right? What would your opinion be on which is better, more economic and easier to find? Was it difficult to get your supply? I am headed to pet palace today to see what they supply. Just thought I would ask...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
SlammedDC2
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
@Slammed, I meant to tell you the other day that if you are thinking about the wisteria, that would be something I could trade you for the vals at some point, as I am still interested in them and the wisteria grows fast and is easy to propagate. I see my leaves seem to be looking better, I am out today to get some supplies and hopefully will find what I need. You use dry ferts, right? What would your opinion be on which is better, more economic and easier to find? Was it difficult to get your supply? I am headed to pet palace today to see what they supply. Just thought I would ask...
I would trade you some vals for the some wisteria.
Yes I dose dry ferts. I got mine from www.bobstropicalplants.com
cheap price, they'll last a lot longer than liquid ferts and only take 10 or so seconds longer to dose than liquid. Only took a few days to get them in the mail.
I like pet palace but I have yet to see anyone (lfs) who sells any kind of ferts other than flourish and root tabs.
Oh and my early day is now Thursday. So you wanna try to set something up for next week?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yes, Thursday sounds good, but first I have to recheck my daughters school schedule, I can never remember which days she can watch the littler ones. I will know more later today and will send you a pm. Now for the dry ferts, how do I know what I need? I was going to get Iron, based on our previous conversation but am not totally sure I want to go the liquid route if I will be needing to use other stuff as well. Oy vay, it seems like one day I kinda know what I am doing and other days I just get overwhelmed with uncertainty. At any rate, I am going to look through the site you linked and have a thinking session.. LOL
Old 01-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #30
forester
Planted Member

if u just starting off i would just get some liquid ferts like flourish comprehensive supplement and maybe some excel for organic carbon , or just start off fermenting your own CO2 . until u get a huge jungle goin on best to go light on the ferts or yah might just be feedin a bunch of algea with excess nutrients and light . and the subwasurtang can go to either of yah free if u just wanna come pick it up . lol like i said it is sittin in a coffee mug right now with a light over it to get a bit of growth while it sit there