12 Gallon Long Rimless "Escape" Updated 4/17 - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

View Poll Results: Should I put all pictures & updates on the first post?
Yes 91 70.00%
No 39 30.00%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #166
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryi View Post
1) Leave the pictures in order. Illustrating an evolving story is meaningless if the pictures are all clumped together at the beginning
2) I've got a couple nanos that are open top. Only one has shrimp but I haven't lost one yet. A nerite committed suicide yesterday though, so I'm looking into a glass top insert. Looks like your brackets are available w/free shipping here
3) ...and most important. 2 SS750, one red, one yellow. Spent the money on the Ducati Performance full exhaust and tuneable ecm, made a noticeable difference. Not QUITE as sexy as your toy but infinitely more daily-rideable. I'm about 45 minutes from Daytona in year-around riding weather and can hop on either and put a full days ride in without feeling like a pretzel or having to put out the fire under the seat from doing some slow cruising. The better half has the 996 I got him for his birthday a few years ago and a ZX11 (Old school fun!) with a sprocket kit and a bunch of carb work.
The 996 HATES cruising and he hates the convection oven effect on his legs at anything under 45mph. The '11, on the other hand, is as comfortable as a Goldwing on steroids.
You make good points; thanks for chiming in with your input. I forgot how much the oven under the seat/leg sucked. Seems like they took care of that issue with the new 1199 Panigale. I definitely ride my CBR much more often than I do the 848 because of this.

In tank related news, I did a major rescape last night. Will post pictures later tonight, or whenever I can get around to it.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #167
gnod
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
3/26/12 - SSS CRS
Just an update on my CRS population. There's a BKK in there in case you were wondering.

dang... those are some nice skkkkrimps!
gnod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #168
sayurasem
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)

May I know What is your GH/ TDS as in right now?
I see that you have those beautiful shrimps and alot of Seiryu rocks...
Does the rocks leech alot of TDS?
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #169
jingleberry
Planted Member

Beautiful shrimps. Still waiting on my backordered 12 gallon long from marinedepot, hopefully it'll show up in the next 2-3 weeks.
jingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #170
sunyang730
蝦,美麗的生物

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleberry View Post
Beautiful shrimps. Still waiting on my backordered 12 gallon long from marinedepot, hopefully it'll show up in the next 2-3 weeks.
I ordered mine too. LOL they say it will probably be like mid april.
sunyang730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #171
jingleberry
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyang730 View Post
I ordered mine too. LOL they say it will probably be like mid april.
What sucks was I hesitated on purchasing it while it was in stock. Gave myself one night to think it over, decided to pull the trigger the next day, and it was out of stock! This order was placed over a month ago. I emailed them last week and they said they have no exact date on when they'll be back in stock but said it will be after April 4th.
jingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #172
Mathman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Sir,

Could you please post your water parameters just like you did on your very first post. Thanks. Great tank btw.
Mathman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 05:33 AM   #173
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleberry View Post
I didn't know these tanks became so popular all of a sudden! That sucks that you have to wait so long. I hate waiting. I'm very impatient when it comes to aquarium related topics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
Sir,

Could you please post your water parameters just like you did on your very first post. Thanks. Great tank btw.
I just did a major rescape and so the water parameters will not be valid until the tank cycles. The initial parameters are more or less what I aim for so that's a good reference point. I'll get updated parameters in about a week, maybe less.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #174
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

3/31/12 - New Scape!

I got a a little bored with the old layout so I just decided to redo the tank. I replaced all the substrate with some new ADA Amazonia (Multi-type). As you can see, there's still traces of the old scape, but I've added some Manzanita to the equation.

I replanted the HC on the right side so it'll take a few weeks to grow in. I'm not 100% satisfied with the layout of the Seiryu stones at the moment, so I might still tweak it a little. The left side of the tank now has a Eriocaulon Sieboldianum by the trunk of the Manzanita branch. That thing is huge. Also got some stems of Ludwigia inclinata "Red" behind the branch. I trimmed the stems down quite a bit to let them grow out. There are currently no shrimps in this tank. I'll add them back in when it's cycled.

So, without further ado, presenting:

"Escape"

Old 03-31-2012, 06:03 AM   #175
looking4roselines
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (110/99%)

No!!! You didnt uproot your crypts did you?
looking4roselines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #176
sayurasem
SCAPEr

How come you need to cycle again?
Don't you use the same filter? So it should be seeded.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #177
ANBU
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

wow very nice!!
ANBU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #178
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (113/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
Probably because all the uprooting caused a major spike and whatnot. That's just what I think.

New scape looks awesome! How many sp of Erios do you have in there?
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #179
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
May I know What is your GH/ TDS as in right now?
I see that you have those beautiful shrimps and alot of Seiryu rocks...
Does the rocks leech alot of TDS?
Not sure what my GH is at the moment but I'll check it in a few days and let you know. TDS is sitting at around 110 after the water change. The rocks affected the TDS quite a lot initially, but I've had them in there for a few months now so everything seems to have leeched off already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4roselines View Post
No!!! You didnt uproot your crypts did you?
Sure did! I only had smaller specimens anyway, and they didn't have a good root system so I don't think I'm doing too much harm. All the big mother plants are in my big tank (no journal). Or maybe I'm doing that in retaliation for you selling off that C. Bullosa Sarakei..

I'm thinking of using the back wall behind the Manzanita as an area to grow Crypts. Have any smaller C. Keei with good roots, Xue? I promise I won't uproot them (as often).

On the positive end, I found my presumed dead C. Flamingo somewhere in there and it's still kicking! I've put it in a safe spot so hopefully it'll stay alive. Still a very long ways away from being anything spectacular, though.

Quote:
It's all new substrate so I think it at least needs a few days to calm down, even with the old gear. Even if it's cycled, I haven't actually tested the water parameters. Just playing it safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU View Post
wow very nice!!
Thanks! I might add some more Manzanita if I can find some smaller but good pieces from Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkan0228 View Post
Probably because all the uprooting caused a major spike and whatnot. That's just what I think.

New scape looks awesome! How many sp of Erios do you have in there?
Yeah, I'm betting there'll be some ammonia spikes soon enough but hopefully this tank will cycle over it quickly. I added some SafeStart to help speed up the process.

I'm glad you like the new scape. I have six different species in there at the moment. I still have a few more I'm trying to find room for. I want to add a Erio. Mato Grosso but that thing is probably even bigger than the Sieboldianum. If only this tank was a few more inches deeper.. maybe it's time for an upgrade..
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #180
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (113/100%)

Any buce in there as well? What are your parameters? Your crowns and SSS+ look lovely.

Upgrade? 40B let's go! Haha
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
12 gallon rimless, crystal black shrimp, crystal red shrimp, iwagumi, oebt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.