The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bahugo's Journal'O'Tanks NURII FLOWER!! :) 11.18 buncha pics

149K views 1K replies 43 participants last post by  fishboy199413 
#1 · (Edited)
My old journal can be found here: Crazy Journal'O'Tanks Vol. 1

Old 20g long RIP The old tank was broken down and moved too the rack where it will serve the remainder of its life.

Tank 20g long
Substrate Peat, Osmocote, Akadama
Co2 Pressurized
Lighting 30" 65w CF
Filter Fluval canister
Fauna*shrimp future addition*
Flora
1) Anubias Barteri Var. Nana "Petite"
2) Flame moss
3) Downoi~ Pogostemon helferi
4) Glossostigma elatinoides
5) Hemianthus micranthemoides
6) Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
7) hygrophila pinnatifida
8) Persicaria (known also as polygonum) sp. 'Kawagoeanum'
9) pogostemon erectus
10) Lindernia sp.'India'
11) Lindernia rotundifolia 'variegated'
12) Rotala rotundifolia
13) Rotala Wallichii
14) Ludwigia glandulosa
15) Ludwigia palustris
16) Ludwigia Brevipes
17) Ludwigia sp Hybrid (red)
18) Didiplis Diandra

Pretty sure that is all of them.

Thin layer of peat layed down

Second layer some osmocote + a few tabs

Akadama
goes from about 2" in the front too roughly 4" in the back

Got that done last night and realized I wasn't going too end up filling the tank so I took the driftwood out and threw it in the old 20g for the night so the moss and anubias wouldn't dry up and become a crispy critters. Ended up taking the piece of slate off the driftwood and switching the positioning/layout of the driftwood.

Background on, driftwood in, on the stand, filter hooked up

driftwood

Filling

Planting has begun, but won't get finished up till later tonight I will have planted pics either tonight or tomorrow morning. I promised updates though. I plan on doing some serious planning because I don't want too dig things up with this scape constantly like the last tank, I want it too be setup for good more or less *even though my ADD is like "yeah ooooookay we will see about that" lol* I really do plant on letting it grow, trim, etc. I have some ideas that I need too finalize probably going to actually sketch it out. I would like this too be more polished looking, but still a jungle. Pretty sure that 2 plants will be leaving for sure though and moved too the old 20g on the rack.

I am opting too start a new journal for a few reasons, but mainly this is a new setup and I wanted people too be able too follow the progress more easily instead of looking through 2100+ posts too find the beginning of this tank. This will be another consolidation journal though and I will be posting updates off all my tanks in this journal.

:)

See less See more
#21 ·
FTS

Right

Tree

Left

Other stuff:
Ludwigia hybrid and big red ludwigia
*forget name* trimmed these down too form two bushy red spots behind the driftwood. Trimmed the few hybrid stems I had too about 15~20 short stems.

Flame moss pearlin hardcore
it's been doing this since lights on this morning

Downoi

Glosso

All the pics are kind of crummy wanted to get some quick pictures up too keep this journal updated. Everything was trimmed really short so I can start too form plant bushes for when they are grown in. People who followed my old journal, this is what I do/did with the Rotala rotundifolia and why it was so thick. I want tight "bushes" with the plants when things grow in.

I'm pretty sure I want too get my HM too carpet around/in the driftwood too provide some contrast too the wood/glosso and hopefully get it too bush up a little bit also.

I will have a plant list sometime soon, probably tomorrow.

I still have quite a few CRS in the old 20g, probably 7-10 if I counted right which is pretty shocking, and I mean 7-10 adults. I have atleast 2-3 berried ones who look really close to popping. I also saw 2 tiny CRS shrimplets (they were right up in front I didn't really look through the tank I was grabbing the glosso from the other room and noticed them when I did a quick glance), not sure if these were from the last batch or if these are new ones coming out but i'm really excited too see they are turning things around. They seem to be digging the tank in there I threw all the Wisteria, driftwood with anubias that I won from the auction, java fern, some moss from chad and other odds and ends in the tank for them and they are digging it.

And last update the rainbowfish fry are starting to grow up! They love live baby brine shrimp, kate has been hatching them for them. I also managed too get a few cherry shrimp in this tank somehow lol.

Here's some pics of the fry:

#24 ·
Thanks!

A little bit more time on the rack lol.

They are still in the same tank as they were in... I bought a new 20g tank, took down the 29g (which are you still buying? let me know), and put the 20g in place of the 29g on the rack.

Everything looks great, Dude! I love it. It will look fantastic once it grows in! Glad the shrimp population seems like it might make a come back! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Do you really love it, or are you being nice? lol! Thanks, I am not going to lie I was really down about the whole shrimp thing, it was a nice site today when I was planting some things in there realizing I still had close too a dozen and no dead ones lately (that I have seen anyways). I'm keeping my fingers crossed too that they will keep it up! Thank Zach!

#25 ·
Oh yeah. I am for sure gonna buy it. I get money on the 10th, so I will shoot you a pm then and probably pick it up that day. Can't do anything till then though. I also need to find another 10 gallon tank. I need a moss farm tank.:icon_twis

#36 ·
Lol! It's not too bad, I'll get a plant list for this tank today probably. Thanks for subscribing!

finally found this thanks to your sig.

looks good! how do you like the new substrate so far?
:thumbsup:

I like the substrate alot too be honest, one bag gave me roughly 2" in the front and probably 4" towards the back. I want too try and check the gh and kh too see how it buffers today sometime and most likely the ph although the co2 is going so the ph won't be incredibly accurate, but my tap is Hard gh is like 15+ and kh is 8+ and ph 7.5+ I think i got when I tested it once.

I didn't rinse it this time and just put it in then slowly filled it and had no clouding. I got some dust when I was planting stems and what not but nothing even noticeable too be honest, I really wouldn't have known if I didn't see a tiny bit of dust on some of my plants but I am going too let everything settle in before I brush off the plants, I don't want too uproot everything trying to clean them off. It's barley noticeable but you can tell its there if that makes sense.

#37 ·
Plant list

Flora
1) Anubias Barteri Var. Nana "Petite"
2) Flame moss
3) Downoi~ Pogostemon helferi
4) Glossostigma elatinoides
5) Hemianthus micranthemoides
6) Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
7) hygrophila pinnatifida
8) Persicaria (known also as polygonum) sp. 'Kawagoeanum'
9) pogostemon erectus
10) Lindernia sp.'India'
11) Lindernia rotundifolia 'variegated'
12) Rotala rotundifolia
13) Rotala Wallichii
14) Ludwigia glandulosa
15) Ludwigia palustris
16) Ludwigia Brevipes
17) Ludwigia sp Hybrid (red)
18) Didiplis Diandra

Pretty sure that is all of them.

Also added it too the first post.

#44 ·
Bow chica wow wow, good for you and sorry I stole your line, what's the job?

You need to have a photo update, the tank looks nice and I really like the Flame moss.

Edit: someone needs to start a invert hybrid sticky, I only know Cherries & Yellows make Brownies but it's something that's needed.

#47 ·
Bow Chica Wow Wow is right! It's ok you can use my line!

Teller at a bank is the job

I uploaded photos yesterday lol.

Neo's (cherry, blue, yellow, rilli's, etc) generally with hybrid, and cardina's will generally hybrid (Oebt, crs, cbs, bkk, red wines etc)

Congrats!
Thanks!

Do yellows and tigers then.:biggrin:

And where do you have the interview. I have one on Friday too. Just found out while I was eating dinner.
Not sure about yellows and tigers that mix just sounds weird on the eyes.

Bank teller, where is your interview?

#54 ·
You too. I hope I can work at a pet store. That will just spiral my MTS onto a whole new level.

Cable, Rich, Good luck with the interviews! I actually got lucky and never had to get an interview for my job. I volunteered for a month or so, and about 6 months later the boss found me on facebook and offered me a job, ha! Been working there since march of 2010!
Thanks man.

#53 ·
Thanks! Not too sure how exciting updates will be for the first week while everything establishes itself. Only thing I hate about trimming is the first week is *snore*

Cable, Rich, Good luck with the interviews! I actually got lucky and never had to get an interview for my job. I volunteered for a month or so, and about 6 months later the boss found me on facebook and offered me a job, ha! Been working there since march of 2010!
Thanks, I really hope I get it. Must be nice not having too apply!

Good luck with the job!

Tigers are cardinas and yellows are neos so they won't. :)
Thanks! Yeah I know they won't interbreed. I would love some black tigers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.