Who here is from around the Evansville, IN area? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 AM   #16
firecat
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wow I havent been on here in forever. Pet food Center has a couple locations in Evansville. Just do a quick google search and it should show you where they are. They Dont have as much as Harp's, But they have a nice selection. I just wish that they had more plant options. I really wish Evansville had an Aquarium organization or something where everyone could meet and share fish, inverts, plants, and ideas. It would be really nice. We just need a better selection of aquarium stuff in general.
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
gene4christ
Planted Tank Obsessed

This is my 90gal as of 11/23/24 . All the plants came from Petsmart except the Anabus on the driftwood that came from Walmart in Newburgh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1416763047588-828543793.jpg (79.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1416763135752-1940182798.jpg (141.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1416763470127-1818200921.jpg (81.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 141676351120750531949.jpg (69.0 KB, 1 views)
gene4christ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
nofearengineer
Aquatic Vegetable

PTrader: (4/100%)

Looks great, Gene!
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #19
RyanTheFishGuy
Algae Grower

I also live in Evansville, but I am just now starting to get into plants. I like Harps for information, Fish, and now recently they have water salamanders, which Id like to pick up some time. Ive only seen Amazon Swords in their tanks though. Petsmart has lots of plants, They arent in water, just in plastic tubes and that confuses me.. I plan on converting my cartoony tank with rainbow gravel into a sand substrate and live plants. If anyone has Ideas for my first plants (low tech)I'd love to hear it. I have 100 watts in this 10g tank if that helps at all. I am also willing to buy ferts, but no Co2 since this is my first...lol
Thanks!
RyanTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #20
pelphrey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I am in Owensboro. On highway 54 there is a store called "Fish Doctor". They are open Friday and Saturday 11-6 I believe. It is a super small store. Plant selection is poor. But they have a pretty decent amount of cichlids and a couple nice salt water tanks.

Other than that if you head to Louisville you can visit Clarksville and right beside the Bass Pro Shop there is the Green Tree Pet Store. Their plant selection has grown a little. Its a pretty nice store.

I only have a 75 gallon setup at the moment with Mbuna in it that I bought from Daves Rare Fish in texas. Had a 20 long planted tank a few months ago. Itching to get another planted tank started.
pelphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2015, 11:23 PM   #21
RyanTheFishGuy
Algae Grower

Update!Harps has just started selling a ton of new plants! I just got a baseball size bundle of Java Moss for 3 dollars! There is a new Pet Food Center by Menards on Greenriver, which I plan on checking out when they get their tanks set up.
By the way, does anyone know of any aquarium clubs around here? I feel like we have many aquarium enthusiasts, but nothing for us to pick eachothers brains or trade/auction fish and plants!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #22
Blitzhill
Algae Grower

Hi there! Also in the Evansville area and am about to start up a planted 10g.

Ryan, when were you in Harps? I was just there Saturday morning and they had 0 plants! How sad if I just missed them!
Blitzhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #23
nofearengineer
Aquatic Vegetable

PTrader: (4/100%)

Harps never has anything other than the odd anacharis or banana plants. The usual response I get if I ask is "we can order you some". Well, duh....I can do that myself.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #24
RyanTheFishGuy
Algae Grower

Hey Blitzhill!

Oddly enough, I was in there Saturday around 5pm! In the tank on the left side of the "back warehouse are door" they have 7-8 Plants listed on that tankfront. All the plants are scattered about the fishtanks, with some in the back. It's not very organized but its worth a shot!

PS: My Java Moss was infested with Gammarus Shrimp, which may or may not be a problem for you. Also It was carpeted in the tank, so I spent 45 minutes pulling their rock out of the little strands...lol
Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 AM   #25
Blitzhill
Algae Grower

Wow, I guess I'll have to look harder next time I'm in there...though I do remember seeing that java moss.

Gene, your tank shots above look great. I'll admit, I'm very surprised to hear that all of the plants came from Petsmart. Did you buy them submersed in a tank or were they in those little moist packets that they have on a shelf?
Blitzhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #26
firecat
Algae Grower

I agree I think Evansville would really benefit from an aquarium club or something like it. I know that wesselmans has the herp event every year, but it would be cool to get something like that for all the fish people.
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #27
RyanTheFishGuy
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
I agree I think Evansville would really benefit from an aquarium club or something like it. I know that wesselmans has the herp event every year, but it would be cool to get something like that for all the fish people.
Why not? Lets go for it!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #28
childofiam@att.net
Algae Grower

I am from Danville Indiana... just west of Indianapolis. It is hard to find good plants up here as well.
childofiam@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 06:41 AM   #29
qmehling
Algae Grower

I'm About 45 min. East on I64. Ferdinand area. short drive to Holiday World. I used to live in Evansville, relocated here a little over 10yrs ago and getting back into the hobby. Starting all over with freshwater then hopefully moving back into saltwater if the finances allow.

Ecoxotic EcoPico 5g.
Misc plants
Russian Blue guppies
German Rams
Oto's

Current-USA Solaron 34g
freshly planted and flooded this week
Cyperus Helferi
Cryptocryne Balansae
Eleocharis Montevidensis
Monte Carlo
micro sword
misc. plants from other tank

Custom 450g Glass Saltwater tank
its on the wish list but have to do some remodeling before i can bring this in the house and resurrect it.

Only one aquarium shop in 30 mile radius other than walmart. They order stuff with out any issues. Usually have to go to Evansville, Owensboro or Louisville area for the good stuff or hard to find.
qmehling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
evansville, indiana

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Location. As precise as you feel comfortable with.
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, John and his friend Sally both spotted a dalmatian inside of a truck with sirens. The animal with John and Sally is a _ _ _?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.