Storm's ADA 60P - Update 3/14/12 - Happy Pi Day - LEDs are wonderful! - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #46
dmattbfan5
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (82/100%)

Awesome tank! I love the two-sided idea. That adds alot to a room. I like the setup you went with too. I have the same c02 tank too!
dmattbfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #47
dtsuyuki
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)

I love that stone.. tank looks great... =)
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #48
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thanks for all the support everyone! I got some new plants: Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides' Purple. There is also a school of 8 rummy nosed tetras in there somewhere.

Here are some new pictures:

Old 11-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #49
2in10
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Beautiful colors, very nice looking
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #50
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update 11/17/2011 - Added Lily Pipes and 5 veil tail cherry barbs.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/StormAquascapes

This is what the Lily Pipes box looked like when it arrived - I was pretty worried that I would have a box full of glass, but luckily they were intact.

Sorry I don't have a full tank shot; it is very difficult to get one right now because the house being under construction right in front of the tank means I can't get a good perspective.

Left side:

Left side from another angle:

Right side:
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #51
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

Time for an update! There is not much to report except that I've done my second large trimming, but I think I didn't trim quite enough. It's grown back very fast, but I should have trimmed lower. It's too bad I didn't read Frank's great ADA/ADG thread until after the trim. Plants have been having great growth, and I've trimmed the grass at least 3 times now (this is less than a week of growth).

I really wanted to thank Frank for the great journal thread because I've already seen a difference in water clarity just from raising my lily pipe to aerate the water the last 2 nights.

FTS:

Side shot (hello, Oto!):

Right side:

Right side:

Left side:
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #52
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

A bit of an update - I'm battling some cottony algae that is forming in the hairgrass and on the moss. Other than that, the tank is doing well with great growth.

Right now I'm just dosing P, K, and traces 3 times a week, and doing twice weekly water changes. The plants are really healthy but the cotton candy-like algae is starting to take over:

It's also forming on Fissidens moss I have attached to Ohko stones:

Any tips?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #53
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

Other than the algae that is forming, the rest of the tank looks good:

Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
DrewWoodside
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Other than the algae that is forming, the rest of the tank looks good:

What lighting system is this? Where can I buy it? Looking to put something similar on a 33.6 gallon Mr Aqua. This is pretty much what I have in mind for the lighting..
DrewWoodside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #55
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
What lighting system is this? Where can I buy it? Looking to put something similar on a 33.6 gallon Mr Aqua. This is pretty much what I have in mind for the lighting..
It's a Fishneedit 2x24 T5HO fixture. It costs $64.99 with bulbs at www.fishneedit.com. Overall it's a decent fixture, but it is a bit cheaply made and the quality is not that great. It's been working ok for me though, and it would probably be good for the 33.6 gallon Mr Aqua.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #56
fusiongt
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

It does look great, sorry about the recent algae problems you're having. I read through all the pages and also liked the two sided perspective but now all the background plants are tall. Could we get a pic of the back? heh

Have you thought about adding some shrimps in? I don't know if they'll like that type of algae you have but they're always a good clean up crew (and would certainly roam around at the back of your tank too giving you more to look at)

ps - isn't it great having a tank right next to the kitchen? water changes are so easy!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #57
frrok
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

your tank looks great..thanks for sharing. Your stem plants look great. maybe get some amano's or get in there an pull it out?
The Fraternity of Dirt #11
Wabi-kusa Pimp #6

25cm Cube

ADA MINI-M Journal

ADA MINI-M REDUX
frrok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #58
jamesdson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

it's hard to pull all of them out. but pull out most as you can and do put amano's in there! they clear up like no other. trust me
jamesdson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #59
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll post a picture of the back soon, but it is not much to look at because it's just a bunch of really tall stem plants... I like it though because I can see the fish when they go back there to hide sometimes.

I did just add 2 Amanos in there a few days ago. They pretty much disappeared into the rotala forest and have been "cleaning the trees" for the most part. I haven't yet seen them munch on the cottony algae but maybe they just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm going to do a big trimming and water change tomorrow and I will try to clean all the algae out. Pics to come soon.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #60
DrewWoodside
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
It's a Fishneedit 2x24 T5HO fixture. It costs $64.99 with bulbs at www.fishneedit.com. Overall it's a decent fixture, but it is a bit cheaply made and the quality is not that great. It's been working ok for me though, and it would probably be good for the 33.6 gallon Mr Aqua.
Does it seem it will be breaking down at some point soon? Or is it already having issues with working currently.. I may be interested in it, it's well priced. Has it been the right power for you to grow most all plants so far? It came pre assembled for the most part right? Thanks!
DrewWoodside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ada 60-p, aquascaping, journal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.