105g Craigslist find! 11-26 Video of baby Guppies, 11-26 updates!! - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #61
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Nice one on the snail grow tub. Did you get your light working yet? I just read that post as well.
The Fraternity of Dirt #39
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Cable's Madness
Fish tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.
"What the smeggin smeg's he smeggin' done now?!" - Lister
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #62
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
Nice one on the snail grow tub.
Thanks, it has worked really well. Now I gotta figure out what to do with all these snails

Quote:
Did you get your light working yet? I just read that post as well.
It turned out to be the transformer/ballast, so I replaced that side with a 23 watt 6,500K CFL. Also has some 46" blue Actinics, but switched one for a 46" 28watt T5 Flourescent lamp measuring 3,500K. If you cant tell, I'm a big fan of diversification There are lights in there from all over the spectrum, but my plants look happy and my Gigantae picked up their growth rate from before I moved them. They have already grown 6" or more since replanting them. The Italians are sending shoots, so everything is starting to get real happy. I cannot wait till it grows out some more, I think I have some really cool plants.
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 AM   #63
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

My buddy got a really pretty full-grown Angel to try to add to his stock of a breeding pair in his 55g. This didn't turn out so well and the fish got a little chewed up. Instead of letting his fish kill it, he gave it to me. He appears totally fine and swims and eats and all that. He's just got chewed up sides and a crooked dorsal fin now. I think he's gonna be alright, I just need to let him heal some more. In the meantime, here are a few pics of him:

Love the blue coloring in him when he hits certain lights.

While I'm at it, I will go ahead and post a couple updated shots on here as well. I got a new camera, so I've been playing
Male Apple

Female Fiddler, both of which are still going strong.

Blue female Apple, and a possible Madagascar Lace (fingers crossed)

Can you tell what these are? Neons? IDK, but ones neon green and the others neon orange.

Kissing Gourami

Hygro Sunset and moss-tied wood getting nice and green.

One of my Tiger Barbs

Pleco enjoying a frozen greenbean.

One of my Angels grazing

My Platinum Guppies
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #64
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Those are glowlight tetras. At least that is what they are called in the store. They are really zebra danios that are dyed to look that color.

Love the H. polysperma 'sunset' How is it coloring up for you?

Good lookin angel too.

Like the tank as always man.

Cable's Madness
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #65
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Those are glowlight tetras. At least that is what they are called in the store. They are really zebra danios that are dyed to look that color.
Are you sure they're not neon tetras? I thought that was what they were called, and I described them as that, but in an earlier post I was told that they didn't look right. I'm pretty sure I was right, but wanted to find out for sure. I think the glowlights are transparent with a vein of color going through them, but not 100% positive. Either way, thanks.

Quote:
Love the H. polysperma 'sunset' How is it coloring up for you?
That Sunset Hygro is my second favorite weed, I just love the color I get out of it. I have heard LOTS of people have problems getting it to color up, but mine always get really nice and pink/red.

Quote:
Good lookin angel too.
Thank you. I am really grateful I got this fish. I posted on the Angelfishforum and found out he is a Black Ghost. He is a really awesome looking fish, and I love to just watch him. He surprisingly, gets along with all the other fish I have too. Maybe partly because he was, himself bullied. Maybe also because he doesn't feel threatened by anything in the tank. Whatever it is, he is doing great and I couldn't be happier.

Quote:
Like the tank as always man.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. I'm just ready to get it done. Getting tired of all the inspiration I get every day. Who knows though, maybe there will be a new tank in the works for me soon
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #66
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

I don't think they are either, no doubt that they are not Neons and the shape and color is wrong for Glolights, post a pic in the fish section someone will know.

They have more of a Danio or Barb shape?

How do you like the Fiddler Crab? Do they bother other fish or plants, try to escape, etc.?
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #67
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytrout2001@hotmail.com View Post
Are you sure they're not neon tetras? I thought that was what they were called, and I described them as that, but in an earlier post I was told that they didn't look right. I'm pretty sure I was right, but wanted to find out for sure. I think the glowlights are transparent with a vein of color going through them, but not 100% positive. Either way, thanks.

That Sunset Hygro is my second favorite weed, I just love the color I get out of it. I have heard LOTS of people have problems getting it to color up, but mine always get really nice and pink/red.

Thank you. I am really grateful I got this fish. I posted on the Angelfishforum and found out he is a Black Ghost. He is a really awesome looking fish, and I love to just watch him. He surprisingly, gets along with all the other fish I have too. Maybe partly because he was, himself bullied. Maybe also because he doesn't feel threatened by anything in the tank. Whatever it is, he is doing great and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. I'm just ready to get it done. Getting tired of all the inspiration I get every day. Who knows though, maybe there will be a new tank in the works for me soon
No problem man.

My 'sunset' just started coloring up in my 20 gallon tank. I will have to get some pics of it later on. It is getting really bright.

That is pretty cool on the angel fish. I really want an angelfish tank, but don't have the room for it yet.

And you are contracting MTS. Lol. We all get it at some point. Nothing wrong with another tank. You should look into a shrimp tank. They are a lot of fun.

Cable's Madness
Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #68
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
I don't think they are either, no doubt that they are not Neons and the shape and color is wrong for Glolights, post a pic in the fish section someone will know.

They have more of a Danio or Barb shape?
They are exactly like my Zebra Danios, just colored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
How do you like the Fiddler Crab? Do they bother other fish or plants, try to escape, etc.?
The Fiddlers are great. They are always getting into the overflow, resulting in me having to tie a string around the end of my pipe-brush and dropping it down in there. They've even made the trip down to the sump, once No problems at all with any fish, although, they do uproot some plants and have snipped down some. It is few and far between, even my pleco uproots more plants than they do. That is why I'm giving it away tomorrow. I will likely be getting rid of my newest addition, the big blue ghost Angel. Now that he's healing well, he has found hisself in good enough shape to start running my other fish, especially my Angels and I'm not going to put up with it. He was free and my little greens were not, so he will have to go.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #69
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
No problem man.

My 'sunset' just started coloring up in my 20 gallon tank. I will have to get some pics of it later on. It is getting really bright.

That is pretty cool on the angel fish. I really want an angelfish tank, but don't have the room for it yet.

And you are contracting MTS. Lol. We all get it at some point. Nothing wrong with another tank. You should look into a shrimp tank. They are a lot of fun.
I have been seriously thinking about doing the 9-tank rack in my shed. It would definitely be a project I could work on this winter, once I can get a proper door, insulation, and electricity in there. The sockets and light switches/fixtures are already in there, I just need to run a wire to it. I could throw my electric heater in there and go to work
Old 11-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #70
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I have been seriously thinking about doing the 9-tank rack in my shed. It would definitely be a project I could work on this winter, once I can get a proper door, insulation, and electricity in there. The sockets and light switches/fixtures are already in there, I just need to run a wire to it. I could throw my electric heater in there and go to work
I have been seriously contemplating that for the garage. It will never function as a garage again unless it gets completely rebuilt. But I may save that for a few years down the road. I would have to run all the electrical and that in the basement too. Nothing wrong with having something to keep you busy in the winter.

Cable's Madness
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I was just out there eyeing the stuff we have stored in there, wondering if I can sneak from my wife and move this stuff somewhere else Doh!! She just read what I was writing
Old 11-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #72
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I was just out there eyeing the stuff we have stored in there, wondering if I can sneak from my wife and move this stuff somewhere else Doh!! She just read what I was writing
Lol. Don't sneak, just do it.

Cable's Madness
Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #73
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I told her what I was talking about, after she read what I was writing, and she didn't say anything. Should I take that as her acceptance of this or just her way of not saying anything until I try to start the job? I do gotta get some more things, but I think I will work on it.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #74
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I told her what I was talking about, after she read what I was writing, and she didn't say anything. Should I take that as her acceptance of this or just her way of not saying anything until I try to start the job? I do gotta get some more things, but I think I will work on it.
I would start it and see what she says. No harm in trying.

Cable's Madness
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #75
matty26
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Not sure if your question about the neon fish was answered yet but they are Glo-fish. They're zebra danios that are dyed a color. Not naturally that color.
matty26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
105, diy, metal halide, overflow, sump