105g Craigslist find! 11-26 Video of baby Guppies, 11-26 updates!! - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #151
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytrout2001@hotmail.com View Post
Going on 2am and still not even brought a tank in the house I figure I got time, though, so I'm not in a hurry. Still not past my bedtime yet Was content with taking pics of my plants, but am done with that now and getting bored. I need to go put my corner filter into my seed bucket and get some water going so that it'll be ready to fill a tank tomorrow morning. Maybe I will just wait to clean the tanks till tomorrow. Give me something to do while I wait for the kids to get out of school. Till tomorrow
DOH! You got my hopes all up, and now I have to wait. Oh well. I can do that. Need to acclimate some fish and do some water changes anyway.
The Fraternity of Dirt #39
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Cable's Madness
Fish tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.
"What the smeggin smeg's he smeggin' done now?!" - Lister
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #152
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
DOH! You got my hopes all up, and now I have to wait. Oh well. I can do that. Need to acclimate some fish and do some water changes anyway.
You got some new fish??? Will you have pics????? The audacity of me asking when I'm depriving you of my pics I was just busy watching my Guppy that I have in my breeder net. She doesn't move much very often, so I know it won't be long before she has the babies. I can't believe I'm actually selling guppies

I gotta go pick the kids up here in a half hour, but after that I am going to be washing tanks. All of them were outside, and all of them had water in them. Now they are all filled with dirt and algae Should be fun, but will be worth it in the end. I know the bottoms broken out of 2 of the tanks, so I'm gonna be fixing tanks today as well Atleast they were free, and after I spend a couple bucks to cut some glass, they will be cheap tanks so that's always nice. Don't worry, I will be taking pics today also.
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #153
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
You got some new fish??? Will you have pics????? The audacity of me asking when I'm depriving you of my pics I was just busy watching my Guppy that I have in my breeder net. She doesn't move much very often, so I know it won't be long before she has the babies. I can't believe I'm actually selling guppies

I gotta go pick the kids up here in a half hour, but after that I am going to be washing tanks. All of them were outside, and all of them had water in them. Now they are all filled with dirt and algae Should be fun, but will be worth it in the end. I know the bottoms broken out of 2 of the tanks, so I'm gonna be fixing tanks today as well Atleast they were free, and after I spend a couple bucks to cut some glass, they will be cheap tanks so that's always nice. Don't worry, I will be taking pics today also.
I will be getting some pics up a little later today. I have all the fish drip acclimating right now. They spent 3 days all boxed up, so I am doing it very slowly, but I will have some pics up.

So, how long until these new tanks see water?

Cable's Madness
Old 12-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #154
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

Quote:
I will be getting some pics up a little later today. I have all the fish drip acclimating right now. They spent 3 days all boxed up, so I am doing it very slowly, but I will have some pics up.

So, how long until these new tanks see water?

Well, I talked my wife into going to get the kids, but I still have 1 with me right now. When she gets back I will start on them. I got a Tiger Barb that appears ready to pop, so I'm excited to get her into a tank. I also know the momma Guppy is bigger than last time as well, so I want to get them into their own tank. Then I REALLY need to get some Apples out of my main tank. I probably have 200 of them in there in various sizes I need to go gather up some more stuff, so I might do that as well.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #155
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Well, I talked my wife into going to get the kids, but I still have 1 with me right now. When she gets back I will start on them. I got a Tiger Barb that appears ready to pop, so I'm excited to get her into a tank. I also know the momma Guppy is bigger than last time as well, so I want to get them into their own tank. Then I REALLY need to get some Apples out of my main tank. I probably have 200 of them in there in various sizes I need to go gather up some more stuff, so I might do that as well.
Seems like you are moving right a long here. Going to be waiting to see what you get done today.

Cable's Madness
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #156
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Gonna have to wait on the clean-up for a little while Wife is President of something or the other at the school and got elected to go down and wrap presents the school got for the kids for when Santa comes to visit. Someone donated $ to the school, and they got all the kids these Vtech learning things for Christmas. Shouldn't be too long, she's only got 20 some to wrap. I WILL have some pics up later though, I promise.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #157
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok, it's not much, but I did get one tank cleaned and set up. I have moved a bunch of snails over to it, as well as the 2 Angels that should spawn soon. My pvc is laying in front of the intake tube, as I didn't want them to lay eggs on that. Would this be good in this location? I know to try to keep an eye on them and to shut the filter off during spawning, so I will try to watch for that. Here's the pic, I just set this one up under my main tank for now until I get the other stuff going. I just needed to seperate these two as I felt they may kill the other Angel in the tank.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #158
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Ok, it's not much, but I did get one tank cleaned and set up. I have moved a bunch of snails over to it, as well as the 2 Angels that should spawn soon. My pvc is laying in front of the intake tube, as I didn't want them to lay eggs on that. Would this be good in this location? I know to try to keep an eye on them and to shut the filter off during spawning, so I will try to watch for that. Here's the pic, I just set this one up under my main tank for now until I get the other stuff going. I just needed to seperate these two as I felt they may kill the other Angel in the tank.
Should be good. Do you have any stem plants you can float in there for some cover for them?

Cable's Madness
Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #159
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Should be good. Do you have any stem plants you can float in there for some cover for them?
I do have some Limno I can float in there, but won't it die in the almost no light conditions I will have under there? The light was only on to be able to take some pics.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:13 AM   #160
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I do have some Limno I can float in there, but won't it die in the almost no light conditions I will have under there? The light was only on to be able to take some pics.
You may have a point. Do you have a shop light or something you can throw under there? Even a desk lamp would work.

Cable's Madness
Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #161
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I threw some in there anyway. I figured I could afford to lose a few stems for the comfort of my future breeders. I can go get the lids to these tanks, so I might just do that tomorrow. I feel so bad putting them in there, with such a small space and hardly no plants or anything. I did add some Apple snails to keep them company though I am going to have to get a heater really soon though. I stuck my hand in there to rinse the floaters off that stuck when I got the Limno, and it was noticably colder than the main tank and I just got it filled up. All in due time though. Until then I will probably just do lots of wc's every day using the main tank as the replacement. This way there will be some heat getting in there until then.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #162
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I threw some in there anyway. I figured I could afford to lose a few stems for the comfort of my future breeders. I can go get the lids to these tanks, so I might just do that tomorrow. I feel so bad putting them in there, with such a small space and hardly no plants or anything. I did add some Apple snails to keep them company though I am going to have to get a heater really soon though. I stuck my hand in there to rinse the floaters off that stuck when I got the Limno, and it was noticably colder than the main tank and I just got it filled up. All in due time though. Until then I will probably just do lots of wc's every day using the main tank as the replacement. This way there will be some heat getting in there until then.
Do you have a thermo in there at all? Or one sitting around the house you can use to get a temp? It will probably surprise you how different the temp is. What size tank is that BTW? The limno should be fine. That stuff is a weed of the worst kind. Lol.

Cable's Madness
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #163
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Do you have a thermo in there at all? Or one sitting around the house you can use to get a temp? It will probably surprise you how different the temp is. What size tank is that BTW? The limno should be fine. That stuff is a weed of the worst kind. Lol.
Unfortunately I do not have a thermo at all, not even one to put in there temporarily. I can probably get one tomorrow, but am pretty much stuck for tonight. They should be ok for tonight, right? That is a 10g, btw.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #164
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Unfortunately I do not have a thermo at all, not even one to put in there temporarily. I can probably get one tomorrow, but am pretty much stuck for tonight. They should be ok for tonight, right?
they should be ok for one night. I would get the heater and thermo tomorrow though. For lights you can get some cheap clamp lamps at lowes that work well for plants. Throw a couple 6500K spiral CFL bulbs in them and you are good to go.

Cable's Madness
Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #165
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
they should be ok for one night. I would get the heater and thermo tomorrow though. For lights you can get some cheap clamp lamps at lowes that work well for plants. Throw a couple 6500K spiral CFL bulbs in them and you are good to go.
Good to know they should be fine. I do have one of those bulbs, but I would need to find an old lamp to get a socket from to be able to use it. Don't really have any extra $ due to having 4 kids to buy Christmas for, so won't be buying anything till after the Holiday. That is why I planned on doing like, 2 wc's a day using the heated water out of the main tank. I figured I could do one in the morning and another at night and I would be ok until I can get another heater and thermo. The light I will probably just DIY it.

Tags
105, diy, metal halide, overflow, sump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.