Anybody from Anchorage/Wasilla/Palmer on here - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alaska

Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Trochilids

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anybody from Anchorage/Wasilla/Palmer on here

I have a 55 gallon planted low-tech and a 45 gallon bowfront planted low-tech. Nothing fancy in them, but regular trimmings... Crypts and vals doing well and need thinning periodically... Some snails in the tank. Would be willing to post here when I have extras to give away...

--Wasilla (KGB / Vine)
Trochilids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hey fellow Alaskans,
we have a large plant order coming in tonight available for sale tomorrow morning at Alaska coral finatics. (we changed our spelling due to legal issues) 146 plants! Come fill those tanks up!
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #18
Krystal907
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Argh!!! If only I lived there now I could fulfill my plant addiction!!!
Krystal907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #19
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Okay so I got the store a new wholesale account with Jermack out of New York. We will no longer be ordering plants from segrest farms. Segrest was able to supply me with decent plants but was always out of what I wanted. Here are some pics of the current store plant tank:

Old 01-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #20
Fearless

Hi Logan, I live in Anchorage! I don't currently have a tank but am going to set up a small planted tank with a few fish in the near future. I am interested in a planted tank group, although I don't have any trimmings to swap currently.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Hi Logan, I live in Anchorage! I don't currently have a tank but am going to set up a small planted tank with a few fish in the near future. I am interested in a planted tank group, although I don't have any trimmings to swap currently.
Well come visit us! I am usually in the shop late afternoons and weekends. I can set you up with the best plants in town.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

the next plant order gets in Friday! 178 plants and some driftwood. Better get the cool stuff before its gone. (before I take them home :p)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
Pgaks3
Algae Grower

Damn I knew I should of stopped by on the first, may be by tomorrow to put in a order I Ned some more dwarf baby tears in Matsif you can get them

Sheb
Pgaks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #24
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

No problem. Im putting in a small order due for delivery on tuesday. Ill add some baby tears to the list for you.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #25
Learner
Planted Tank Obsessed

Right on Logan, looks like your recruiting is working! Wish I was closer to stop in more often. Fishin' is too good to leave the Kenai! Looks like my 40B plans are amuck and will be planting another 75 instead ..... Oh darn. Maybe looking into more fish and eco complete than originally thought. Still looking for breeders on the keyholes and apistogramma bordello. Found one guy in Washington, how has ur search been goin since we last talked??

Keep us all posted , and as always, it's nice to finally have some plant freaks in AK. Been waiting for a few years now. I'll bring a bunch of trimmings and a whole ton of emmersed HC. You got a tank ready with CO2? If not at the store it's all yours,

Best fishes everyone!
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #26
Assassynation
Planted Tank Obsessed

Tank is looking pretty good, finally got the spray bar at the right angle so its doesn't over power the fish, and noise.
Assassynation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #27
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
Right on Logan, looks like your recruiting is working! Wish I was closer to stop in more often. Fishin' is too good to leave the Kenai! Looks like my 40B plans are amuck and will be planting another 75 instead ..... Oh darn. Maybe looking into more fish and eco complete than originally thought. Still looking for breeders on the keyholes and apistogramma bordello. Found one guy in Washington, how has ur search been goin since we last talked??

Keep us all posted , and as always, it's nice to finally have some plant freaks in AK. Been waiting for a few years now. I'll bring a bunch of trimmings and a whole ton of emmersed HC. You got a tank ready with CO2? If not at the store it's all yours,

Best fishes everyone!
Both of the 40b at the store run co2. More hc is always nice! I am able to get all of the fish you requested. If you can get me a heads up on when you will be traveling to anc I will then order them.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
Learner
Planted Tank Obsessed

THanks Logan, gonna have to wait a while as guiding is coming around the corner and I dont have the DIY background done yet! CAn hardly wait. Thinking 4 keyholes (2 m 2 f), 3 apsitogramma borelli (1 m 2 females), 6 praecox rainbows, and maybe a dozen rummy nose. will keep ya posted

thanks again
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #29
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Right on bud! We have this school of 50 wild caught rummy nose in right now. They are very impressive in a large school. ill have to take a video of them
Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #30
Keeber

Livin in anchorage, I feel like I live at coral fanatics. Been loving the new plants and fresh water gear you'll have been getting in
Keeber is offline   Reply With Quote