My New 20g long (56k) - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #31
Alex95
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well I just got my tank with ASA on/off valve. I put everything together and used teflon tape on most of the connections. The problem I have now is finding a place to fill the tank with co2. Called the welding supplies and paintball stores to fill it but couldn't find one. The only one that did refills was Harris Industrial Gasses which is close enogh to me but they don't do less than 5lbs. I have a 20 oz tank.
In case I missed something, need something, or didn't do something right just tell me.
Does anyone live in the Sacramento area has a place to go to refill that I missed.

Alex95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #32
SJInverts
Planted Member

PTrader: (24/100%)

A Sports Authority or Sports Chalet will do paintball co2 refills.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #33
Alex95
Algae Grower

Thanks,

I got my ac50 today and decided to put some pics of it with my old Aqua Tech 5-15. Yay new filter!

What do you guys suggest to put under the fish tank to keep it from putting an indent on the dresser? I heard of people putting styrofoam under to level the tank.

I cant wait to have something to actually take pics at!!!! After cycle of course

I want to use eco-complete or something similar for substrate. Any places in sac, I was thinking of going to Aqua Life Aquarium in Rocklin? Reveiws??
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #34
Alex95
Algae Grower

Well its been a while since i updated on my tanks progress. I went out and got my co2 tank filled and got a diffuser coming in. When I ordered the lights they didnt come for 2 weeks so I contacted them and they said they are on backorder. I went ahead and cancelled the order and bought the Zoo Med T5HO light.
I chose to use eco-complete for substrate. Right now I have only 1 bag but will be putting another soon. The stem plants in the back are the ones I bought but forgot the names. The Amazon Swords I had for a really long time and they have been through everything. Right now I have 5 Rummy Nose Tetras but the pics are from before I got them.
Here are some pics. Please ignore the airline tubing.

Full tank shot. Its cloudy.

At an angle.

With Different light.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #35
Alex95
Algae Grower

Hello. Some things changed so I wanted to put up an update of how everythings going for those following. First thing is that I got another bag of eco-complete so I am at about 2in. Second is that I got some new plants. Blyxa Japonica and Dwarf Water Lettuce thanks to genetao.
I finally got a diffuser for my co2. My co2 ran out really quickly before because I wasn't used to controling the flow but i got it figured out and now its been a couple weeks and its still going strong.
It sucks but my rummynose tetras died because of an ich outbreak, but I hope I can get some more fish in there. Ideas?
Here are some pics of the progress sort of.
Before

After

Water Lettuce

I found a snail in my tank a week or so ago. Can you guys ID it?

I would apreciate some tips on the "scape" or ideas. Thank for looking.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #36
MoeBetta
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Looks like a pond snail. They will multiply. So... get rid of it now if you don't like it.

Although I remember the ones I had being bit darker skinned than that.
MoeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #37
londonloco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

You'll have 5,000 of them in a month if you don't get rid of it now
londonloco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #38
Damian
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)

I'd recommend seachems clarity to help with the cloudy water. Good start so far. How long have you been running the tank before adding the tetras?
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #39
Alex95
Algae Grower

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I'd recommend seachems clarity to help with the cloudy water. Good start so far. How long have you been running the tank before adding the tetras?
I got them about a month or so. It was probably because I didn't treat them fast enough and they all died.
Heres another update on the tank. The plants and inhabitants seem happy and thriving. Im planning on putting in some iron tablet in the eco complete to help the amazon sword and others that need it. The tablets really helped them in the 10g.
I got some rcs from antbug. Thanks. Some of the shrimps already shed and I have a nice growing colony and I have already spotted a few babies and most of the females have eggs.

Im probably not going to change much because Im planning to move in the next month or two and going to let everything just take its place and grow out. Here are some pics:

Female with eggs

Baby

Adult

Tags
light, long, planted, pressurized co2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.