The Build - ADA 60P Style - Custom 35" High Stand - Page 47
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #691
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx View Post
OMG! Are you ok!?!
Yes, thank the Lord. It was a frightening experience not to mention very emotional. I did so much work on my car just like I did on my ADA 60P so you can imagine.
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #692
styxx
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx

I'm glad you're alright!!! The main thing is that you have survived and you're not permanently hurt!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #693
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I'm glad you're alright!!! The main thing is that you have survived and you're not permanently hurt!

Yea i know right. It could have been a lot worse. At least i can still maintain my 60p :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #694
styxx
Wannabe Guru

That's right!!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #695
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
That's right!!

Glad to see you got Tapatalk to work with your iphone
Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #696
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

WOW!!!

Glad to hear You are OK!!! I have had a fire in a old pick up when I was 16, and it sure freaks ya out!!! Are Ya going to be able to salvage the Vette?

Take Care!
Drew
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #697
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown193 View Post
Glad to see you got Tapatalk to work with your iphone
Oh yes, and I have to say ever since the last update, I'm really liking it. I'm very glad that our Mods decided against eliminating Tapatalk on the forum(s), since it really is very convenient to use (especially today, when so many people have smart phones). Although there just isn't any substitute in my mind for posting via my PC. I just find that the limitations of the iPhone 5 based on battery life can't be compared to that of a PC plugged into a permanent power source

Last edited by styxx; 10-08-2012 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: !
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #698
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
WOW!!!

Glad to hear You are OK!!! I have had a fire in a old pick up when I was 16, and it sure freaks ya out!!! Are Ya going to be able to salvage the Vette?

Take Care!
Drew
Hi, thank you. Yes I am going to salvage it. I pick her up on Saturday brought it over to my mechanic who is letting me leave it there so we can work on her.

The Dark Knight will rise again.

Wrapped up from the elements:

Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #699
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Oh yes, and I have to say ever since the last update, I'm really liking it. I'm very glad that our Mods decided against eliminating Tapatalk on the forum(s), since it really is very convenient to use (especially today, when so many people have smart phones). Although there just isn't any substitute in my mind for posting via my PC. I just find that the limitations of the iPhone 5 based on battery life can't be compared to that of a PC plugged into a permanent power source
Good point, however I prefer convenience over DC. :-)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #700
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Now that you have survived your near incineration, perhaps you can tell us what kind of things are going on with your aquarium!? And I thought you should know that since you recently bought some Amanos, I just bought 20 more for my aquarium. Hopefully these bastards will get to work on what little algae I have and clear things up. I think that would be the total population up to around 28. I'm hoping that's enough for my 90P!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #701
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Now that you have survived your near incineration, perhaps you can tell us what kind of things are going on with your aquarium!? And I thought you should know that since you recently bought some Amanos, I just bought 20 more for my aquarium. Hopefully these bastards will get to work on what little algae I have and clear things up. I think that would be the total population up to around 28. I'm hoping that's enough for my 90P!
Hahaha... Well for starters I need to do a trim this weekend, my reds are starting to grow outside the tank. Then I also need to buy more Amanos because the 8 I have are not doing much for my algae on my grass.

I do not know what more I can do now. I want the xmas moss to grow in full then do a nice clean even trim. Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #702
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown193 View Post
Hahaha... Well for starters I need to do a trim this weekend, my reds are starting to grow outside the tank. Then I also need to buy more Amanos because the 8 I have are not doing much for my algae on my grass.

I do not know what more I can do now. I want the xmas moss to grow in full then do a nice clean even trim. Any suggestions?
Yeah, I just bought 20 more Amanos and hopefully they'll get to work on my mild thread algae issue. As for the moss, there's not much help I can offer you since I've never used it (though I do want to eventually)!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #703
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I just bought 20 more Amanos and hopefully they'll get to work on my mild thread algae issue. As for the moss, there's not much help I can offer you since I've never used it (though I do want to eventually)!
Yea I think I been over feeding my fish. I am getting black hair algae now.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #704
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Ok for those of you who like my thread I am doing a trimming now as I type this here are some of the left side before and during pics.

Front view:

Side view:

Stems

Pulled stems out to organize and trim:

Before Very long stems:

After very short stems: lol
Old 10-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #705
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

Here are some pics after trimming and planting. Tank not 100% clear yet. Will tank those tomorrow night when the lights come back on.

Lights raised up:

Full tank and stand view. Sorry for iphone pics and not clear:

Last edited by Uptown193; 10-14-2012 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: pics
Uptown193 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.