CO2 Injection for 29G — DIY?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
IDR
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 Injection for 29G — DIY?

I'm just about there! The final step — CO2 injection to complete my 29G planted tank. Distiller has been purchased and should be arriving shortly (Rhinox 2000).

I've had a friend offer to help me build a sugar and yeast bottle system, which I've considered, but I'm not opposed to something a little more reliable and measurable, like maybe a paintball system? I'm not completely opposed to a pressurized system, but money matters here, so if you are going to suggest one, please keep in mind I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of dropping hundreds of dollars into this.

Tank has two Amazon swords, multiple moneywort stems, pennywort, multiple java ferns attached to drift wood, two Anubias nana attached to lava rock, a Red Crypt, Pygmy Chain swords (that I'm hoping will carpet) as well as various moss (Christmas, Java, Marimo balls and Subwassertang).

Eheim 2213 canister filtration, plus a hang-on-back Aqueon QuietFlow 30 for extra water flow/filtration (came with the tank).

Finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED lighting.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by IDR; 06-27-2014 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: Revised for lighting
IDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
dzega
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

i recently researched correct paintball system and all i can say is its the exact same pressurized aquarium system with only difference being you use paintball gas container because of better price and easier/cheaper refills.

co2 container(500+psi)-->pressure reducer(~50psi)-->solenoid valve-->needle valve-->check valve-->bubble counter-->tubing-->diffuser
(pressure reducer being most critical part here)

since im in europe i ordered parts from england. "co2 art" homepage but you can get different kind of manufacturer from ebay or amazon. i cant give you feedback on assembly problems but as i said the parts are the same as any other pressurized system so problems are expected to be the same.

Last edited by dzega; 06-27-2014 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: add
dzega is offline   Reply With Quote