ROAK Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 10-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

ROAK Tank

I wanted to get people's view/views opinion/opinions on my next ROAK before I do it? What I was planing on is a whole tank clean up n out ROAK I would ask for a person who lives here in MA close to me they would have to have had or still have at least 3+ tanks I can look at pics to reference from an see how neat they set them up. Ill admit it I'm lazy when it comes time to cleanup tanks, anyway they would be doin my custom 70gal pond/tank and all the plants that I would be throwing away or getting rid of they can choose what they want. My tank is way over grown an when I started it, it had some kind of order but over the months past has become unruly. All the plants are healthy they just need a little love an space to spread their leaves. What do u think?
Pic of my tank as it sits now.

This was at water changeling time.

It's going back to looking like this but with quite a few more plants.
newbieplanter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
PlantedRich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

If I read correctly the deal might be that you are not happy with the tank, want to redo and that means taking out excess plants. For helping with the redo the help would receive a substantial number of the plants. You plan to filter the help by proof that they have done tanks before.
Since cleaning/rearranging tanks can be pretty rough work, I might suggest it would be out of the RAOK for many experienced folks. There may be some but there are quite a number of tank folks who really have too many plants already. How many experienced folks who want to work for more plants might be a question.

I might propose doing a local ad in your state's section rather than as an RAOK.

But then my opinion is only that and it might work quite well for others.
PlantedRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

You are absolutely right, I did put it in there the ROAK would be near me. If u ever did one before (ROAK) u know there's a lot of people who want more plants for free. What gave me the idea was my first ROAK I had a lady come almost 2hrs away for 2 large plants that's what gave me the idea. If u think about it I really don't have too many plants to be replanted it moved in tha tank either so it's mainly just taken em out n maybe movin 1-2 sp around but they are big ones like amazon swords and anubis on DW that's it, I should have added that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
If I read correctly the deal might be that you are not happy with the tank, want to redo and that means taking out excess plants. For helping with the redo the help would receive a substantial number of the plants. You plan to filter the help by proof that they have done tanks before.
Since cleaning/rearranging tanks can be pretty rough work, I might suggest it would be out of the RAOK for many experienced folks. There may be some but there are quite a number of tank folks who really have too many plants already. How many experienced folks who want to work for more plants might be a question.

I might propose doing a local ad in your state's section rather than as an RAOK.

But then my opinion is only that and it might work quite well for others.
newbieplanter is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rescape, roak, tank help