Aqualine/Aquamedic Equipment?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 05-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #1
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone here have experince with the Aqua-Medic/Aqualine Busche line of equipment? I'm going to order a regulator next week and I really like the solid look and feel of the thing. I was also looking at the "Reactor 1000", it looks solid, and its large enough to grow with my tank when the 135 is too small :-)
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 11:42 PM   #2
Doomer
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've got a complete Aqualine system on my 250 gal. Good stuff, highly recommend it. I recommend replacing the tank to regulator gasket that comes with the regulator with a standard gasket. The one from Aqualine is way smaller and looks like it was made for a different type tank. I learned this after I sacrificed a 20 lb. tank.

By all means go with the Reactor 1000 and not the 500. The 1000 works flawlessly, the 500 is a PITA. I have a 500 on my 75 gal. and have just ordered a 1000 to replace it.
Doomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

Excellent, thats what I was hoping to hear. I assume I can buy a replacement gasket at a welding supply outlet?

How long does your 20lb tank last before filling?
Old 05-06-2003, 12:44 AM   #4
Doomer
Planted Tank Obsessed

I had to order the gaskets from Kegworks. The place where I get my refills told me to reuse the old gasket, they didn't stock it. This seemed pretty dumb to me until someone pointed out that they sell more gas this way.

My fist 20 lb. tank lasted about 4 months which was way too short a time. When I got the gaskets from Kegworks I emediately replaced the gasket. The old one came out in pieces and was obviously not doing it's job. I'm counting on the second tank lasting much much longer.

btw: I'm not thrilled with the Aqua Medic bubble counter and will probably replace it with a home made one some time in the future. I don't trust the O ring that seals the top. I put some vasoline on it to help with the seal. This was a mistake as it caused the top to creep up and out of the tube. Had to clean it all off to get it to stay shut.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:07 AM   #5
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Gareth,
As you look into the AB1000 reactor, don't forget to check out the overall lenght of the reactor. I believe it is 15" long. The input into the reactor is from the bottom, so you will need ample room under your aquarium to accomodate it without kinking any hoses into and out of the reactor. The barbs on the reactor are 1/2", if your new filter system is 5/8", you might have to reduce the tubing and decrease your rate of flow.
I know they are a bit expensive, probably too expensive, but look into Hydrologix if the AB1000 is too big.

Mike
Old 05-06-2003, 05:27 AM   #6
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

I have 27" of space under the 135 so its all good. The new system is 3/4" but I will be using a reducing "T" to get teh branch down to the 1/2". Ive been planning :-)
Old 05-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #7
Doomer
Planted Tank Obsessed

The input is at the top, not the bottom. Barb size is 16mm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.