New 15g planted
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 02-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
fish man 101
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

New 15g planted

Hi im new to the forum.

I have decided to re set up my 15g tank as a planted tank. I had it set up as a fish only tank a few years back. I was thinking i could have it set up in the kitchen then i would have something to look at in the morning while eating breakest instead of just staring still half asleep at the wall I just bought a internal filter for it i have a 20W 6700K this gives me 1.6 WPG is this enogh i would like another 20W. what is a good choice for substrate mabye flourite with some gravel over the top?i would run DIY CO2 into an internal reactor powered by a powerhead these are just some ideas any comments ideas that u guys have please feel free to give them
thanks guys
fish man 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Ahkuma
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Flourite and Eco are good products used by many on this forum with success. If you fertilize your tank you could use just about any substrate you wanted and still have great results. In the photo section there are many stunning tanks using nothing more than sand or gravel. I myself like keeping a tank as natural looking as possible and flourite and Eco don't look very natural to me.

What kind of internal filter did you buy?
Ahkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
fish man 101
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Its a Pro Aqua 400L/h Its probably not very good but i just bought it cheap of yes ebay even though i dont really like ebay
fish man 101 is offline   Reply With Quote