Last push to win the RAOK. New pics updated 8/21. Page 6 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
rickztahone
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

i think it looks great already. i think more pictures would help as well as a list of more difficult plants you might want to keep if you were to get the co2 system. add "more pics added" to title as well :-)

Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

PTrader: (23/100%)

Here is some close up pictures of what I would be using this awesome set up on. The first in the GBR breeding pair, followed by my Tiger Barb tank, my bristlenose breeding tank, and lastly, this is where I would like to start breeding the handful of elegant cory's that are in this tank. Obviously DIY CO2 would be an extremely large operation on this multi-tank scale, so being able to split a pressurized system would be awesome.

Both of the top tanks would be perfect for some good dwarf hairgrass, or dwarf baby tears. I would really like to see a nice lawn in both of these tanks and without good CO2 this would be very difficult. The lawn would look perfect I think being split by the sand pathway, which I don't really know how to hide the dividers on. I am also a big fan of bacopa stems and would like to see a forest of them in the cory cat tank. Best of all, this CO2 would let me put my pH lower were my GBR's would thrive, rather than my standard 7.5

These are basically open for all sorts of creativity and more suggestions would be awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0719.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	33546  

Name:	IMAG0726.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	33547  

Name:	IMAG0727.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	33548  

Name:	IMAG0728.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	33549  

Old 08-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

That is a nice setup of tanks you have. Any trouble with bowing on that rack? Those last two tanks would make me nervous without having the corners supported. I'm a klutz, though. Good luck in the RAOK!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
That is a nice setup of tanks you have. Any trouble with bowing on that rack? Those last two tanks would make me nervous without having the corners supported. I'm a klutz, though. Good luck in the RAOK!
The top rack bends just slightly. The shelves are rated at 350 pounds fully dispersed and I think the boards for the top two tanks do a good job and equalizing the weight. With twenty gallons on each shelf I'm looking at 250 pounds max.

As for the bottom tanks not having corner support, I did initially worry about that. However, I have seen it done enough times to be comfortable with it. The tanks don't ever move so hopefully all goes well
Old 08-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

+1 for raok! I hope you get a nice setup so you can breed some happy fishies
Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #21
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf View Post
+1 for raok! I hope you get a nice setup so you can breed some happy fishies
Hey thanks for dropping some support. It seems tough to squirm myself to the top all the time :/
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #22
zainey_04
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

hey tank looks fantastic. good luck on the RAOK
zainey_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #23
rickztahone
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

have you considered the fact that with co2 your stock might not breed as readily? i ask because keeping shrimp with co2 running i get less breeding going on then i would without. i don't know if this breeding habit applies to fish as well but it might be something to look forward to. most people get asked what their goal is. most either want a really great looking high-tech planted tank and the fish are secondary, or, some want the fish to be the main focal point, like with angels and discus and such. It is not impossible to get the happy medium but most that go high tech co2, like i did, want to emphasize the plants and the tank as a whole and not the fish themselves.

2 cents...
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #24
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
have you considered the fact that with co2 your stock might not breed as readily? i ask because keeping shrimp with co2 running i get less breeding going on then i would without. i don't know if this breeding habit applies to fish as well but it might be something to look forward to. most people get asked what their goal is. most either want a really great looking high-tech planted tank and the fish are secondary, or, some want the fish to be the main focal point, like with angels and discus and such. It is not impossible to get the happy medium but most that go high tech co2, like i did, want to emphasize the plants and the tank as a whole and not the fish themselves.

2 cents...
Yea I hear you on that. I'm fairly confident that the cory, tiger barb, and gbr species will do pretty well with the addition as they are not especially hard to breed. I think creating a much denser, natural planted tank will provide the better environment. Plus, I know the gbr pair will appreciate the lower pH. Thanks for the advice. In the end though, the planted tank will reign supreme.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #25
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Way off topic, but I had to post it anyway. Yesterday was my girlfriend of three years' Birthday and for her birthday I proposed to her. She said yes, and I'm happy to say that I am engaged!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	33650  

Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #26
firefiend
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higher Thinking View Post
Way off topic, but I had to post it anyway. Yesterday was my girlfriend of three years' Birthday and for her birthday I proposed to her. She said yes, and I'm happy to say that I am engaged!!!

Excellent! Congrats!
firefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #27
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Man, it's tough to get some love over on this page. Gotta generate interest some how...What would everyone like to see with these tanks?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
demonr6
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higher Thinking View Post
Man, it's tough to get some love over on this page. Gotta generate interest some how...What would everyone like to see with these tanks?
I hear ya man, interest dropped off in my thread and it just about died.. I threw in the towel.. good to see you back in view again at least. LOL

Did you remove that sticker yet?
The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

My Finnex 4 Tank Journal-RETIRED 20L Rimless Journal-started 12-20 55L Journal-NEW 06-12

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #29
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
I hear ya man, interest dropped off in my thread and it just about died.. I threw in the towel.. good to see you back in view again at least. LOL

Did you remove that sticker yet?
Yea it's like the gates opened and the horses are off, coming in on the home stretch now and still a quarter mile behind Was I suppose to remove that sticker? You can order them on ebay for like two bucks!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #30
Planted.
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Great looking tank! Like your breeding setup and think the RAOK system would be a nice addition to your setup(s). Good luck!