Fort Wayne LFS
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 02-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
FortWayneFish

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thumbs up

Fort Wayne LFS

My Favorite 2 stores in Fort Wayne

Broadway Aquatics
Brian and Esmeralda owners
2426 Broadway
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46807
260-747-3514
closed mondays

The 33 Aquarium
Mark owner
6021 Goshen Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
260-489-1638

Last edited by FortWayneFish; 02-27-2005 at 06:29 AM..
FortWayneFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
cloran
Algae Grower

Send a message via Yahoo to cloran

I didn't even know 33 aq. was still open. I'm from VW, ohio. Do you still have that huge irr. shark?
cloran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
kimbm04r
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

I recently heard of the 33 Aquarium but never new about Broadway Aquatics. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, I am from Warsaw.

Nice to meet fellow Hoosiers.

Myra
kimbm04r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (260/100%)

Damn, 33 Aquarium is still there? When I lived there in 1986, two little old ladies owned it. It was a nice shop then, they had Excelon UG filters, something from the 1960-1970's.

Regards,
Tom Barr
plantbrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
accidentaldog
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I would love to find a good LFS for plants in Fort Wayne. I have been to both 33 and Broadway aquatics, and although they are both very good fish and supply stores, their plant selection I find a bit lacking.

The best that I have found is The Pet Store off 37/Stellhorn.

I guess we might have to rely on other hobbyists for the more rare plants.
accidentaldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
Adkins.its
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Adkins.its

I love the pet store on stellhorn but it seems that lately stuff there has gone a little loose. I don't know if they are just going through changes or what but hopefully it gets back to the way it use to be a few years ago. But anyways if you watch, the pet store over by glenbrook mall (can't remember what its called) but they have a decent supply of plants and its a separate tank from the rest of the tanks (which is good) and its only inhabitant is a blue diamond discus thats been there for a few weeks so obviously the tank is being maintained somewhat well. And I was talking to the tank care taker knows here stuff pretty well. And she said they are going to setup another tank just for keeping plants so ill keep my hopes up!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
Gondore

I'm new to the forum as of today, but I am from Fort Wayne. I used to be pretty active in the hobby several years ago. I am now back at it and wanting to setup a 75 gal. planted discus tank. Do any of you know of fish/plant clubs or any type of organizations that exist in Fort Wayne like this?
Gondore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Guppypuppy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

The sea dwellers store up in angola has a pretty nice selection of plants. They have a nice shop up there and the staff was very helpful. Can not say the same for the Fort Wayne location.
Guppypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
moparmatt

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppypuppy View Post
The sea dwellers store up in angola has a pretty nice selection of plants. They have a nice shop up there and the staff was very helpful. Can not say the same for the Fort Wayne location.
I was down at the 33 aquarium in FW a few months ago like a hour and a half drive for me, and it was well worth it.
moparmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
Stemwinder
Planted Member

My wife & I are going up to Ft Wayne tomorrow. We've never been there and we want to check out Aquarium 33 (and Broadway) and the art museum. We're pretty new to the hobby but so far we're having a blast.

UPDATE: We really liked Aquarium 33. They had LOTS to choose from (even though they didn't have exactly what I'm looking for right now). My wife picked up four nice looking angel fish and I got 20 neon tetras (even though I really wanted to wait and get cardinal tetras). We stopped by the store on Broadway. They had a good selection of fish, but the store didn't seem as clean and their prices were a little bit higher. That said, it's worth checking out if you're in town for "33" since they are only about 10 miles apart from each other.

The Panic grabbed my leg, you know, it dragged me in. http://panicstream.com/

Last edited by Stemwinder; 07-12-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Stemwinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Treefork
Algae Grower

I like 33 a lot too, that's usually where I pick up my fish. Broadway isn't bad either, though you are right his prices are a tad higher than 33's. What kind of fish are you looking for right now? Just the cardinals? If I see them in there I'll let you know.
Treefork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #12
Stemwinder
Planted Member

Well, now that I have Neons I'm not really looking for Cardinals. I'm in the market for a Farlowella, maybe some Rummynose or Threadfin. But the next fish purchase I make will probably be Dwarf Chain Loaches, which they don't carry. Craigthor gave me a lead on them from a gal on AquariaCentral. They aren't cheap, so I'm not sure when I'll be putting in an order. Certainly not until the end of the month.

I'm 31 and my wife is 26. We would love to meet other hobbyists in the area. Just give us a shout! Maybe we could get some folks together for a day of aquarium store hopping/shopping.

The Panic grabbed my leg, you know, it dragged me in. http://panicstream.com/
Stemwinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
Treefork
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemwinder View Post
Well, now that I have Neons I'm not really looking for Cardinals. I'm in the market for a Farlowella, maybe some Rummynose or Threadfin. But the next fish purchase I make will probably be Dwarf Chain Loaches, which they don't carry. Craigthor gave me a lead on them from a gal on AquariaCentral. They aren't cheap, so I'm not sure when I'll be putting in an order. Certainly not until the end of the month.

I'm 31 and my wife is 26. We would love to meet other hobbyists in the area. Just give us a shout! Maybe we could get some folks together for a day of aquarium store hopping/shopping.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I'm 32. My wife, well she could care less about fish. I don't really know anyone in the area that keeps fish. I even tried soliciting other fish keepers on craigslist. Got a few hits and started a yahoo groups club so I could at least keep everyone together. I had in mind to try and start a fish club, but it's not panned out so far. Not enough time or interest by everyone yet.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #14
Leichty
Algae Grower

Where is Aquarium 33 WE kept driving and never found it.. Thanks
Leichty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #15
Treefork
Algae Grower

Yeah it's just past Cook Road if you are going northbound on 33 towards Churubusco on the west side of the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.