Anyone in Omaha - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Nebraska

Old 09-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #16
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I thought he said HC, but I could be mistaken. I was distracted by the amount of Rainbows there were (and the prices). He did say that he was going to get more plants this week. Anyone been there lately?
jstehman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
Gamejunkey
Algae Grower

I stopped in there today and they had most of the tanks planted up pretty well. It was my first visit though, so I can't say if it was like that before or not.
Gamejunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #18
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Just stopped in the other day. He's got some new "moth cats?", polypterus delhezi (which I have my eye on), and badis badis. Plants were lilleopsis grass, red melon swords and motherplants.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
CleverBs
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I thought I would give you all a little report of these stores because I have delt with all of them alot and well have lots of info on them.

Fish Freaks (108th & Q'ish) - Amazing place, all his fish are kept healthy and the store is CLEAN, hes a really good guy. I get all my fish from him and anything else I need. Iv ordered many types of fish from him and they are always fantastic and he has GREAT prices. Honestly theres no other place worth shopping for fish. He also just got into saltwater and has very nice saltwater fish now.

Aqua Pets (108th & Maple) - This place is really dirty, Every time I go in theres dead fish just laying in the bottom of their tanks. EVERYTHING is extremely over priced and they are rather rude, especially the owner. Hes nice as long as your interested in buying something expensive. They sell used things I went in to look at a used 3 stage Ro/Di filter and he wanted 80$ for it and 120$ for new filters, the system brand new is 140$ every other place iv seen it. The only thing I can say is that sadly if you're into saltwater they have the largest selection of fish and corals.

Petland (120th & Center) - Honestly this is an upgraded Petco, the dudes that work there don't really know all that much about fish even thought they claim they do. They gave me a ton of wrong information about fish while I was planning my stock. also their tanks are just nasty and look like they are 40 years old and never cleaned, you can hardly see the fish.

After saying everything I am a loyal Fish Freaks customer because hes the only fish store owner that truly cares about the way his business looks and really knows his fish. He also works with customers well and gets you anything you need even if he doesn't carry it. The guy got me a 75Gallon tank for 130$ (not saying he can do this whenever). Tank raised cardinal tetras for 2$, opposed to every other store who has wild caught ones that just die in a few weeks.

Go check out fish freaks and you to will be very happy with what you see and the service you receive
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #20
neontetras4me
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

does nebraska aquatic supply have a very good selection on tanks and lights?
neontetras4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #21
keilatan
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Thanks for cluing me in on Fish Freaks. I'd rather not shop at a big chain store for my needs. I'll have a lot of plants to be buying here, rather soon.

keilatan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.