philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 95
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #1411
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Hey gang! Feel like I've been missing all the action the last 2 weeks. Just been crazy busy. Going to my mom's house now to finally scape and fill her 75g tank.

I can make a Saturday morning meet. I work at 4 on Saturdays so if it was in the morningish time that would be awesome. I need to be home by 3 to make it to work by 4. I can't make Father's Day if you guys were still thinking about that. I'm too lazy to go back and read all the pages I missed... lol
Hey joe!! Been wondering where you've been!! Need anything for mom's tank?
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #1412
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tendertouche401 View Post
I would love to meet with fellow members. I have a couple of nickle size black angels that I can trade for plants anything that I can use to decorate my plain old tank.

Just need to know location, date and time. Live in NJ and work in Central Philly. If meetign is near the convention center, I'm in.
Welcome to the forums tt! We have been meeting on sundays at jimmy's (joon) restaurant in the northeast. It's right off the bridge st exit of 95. Very easy to get to. Still trying to get a concensus on what date is good for another meet. Stay tuned
Otherwise, feel free to join in and there's no rule that says you have to wait until a meet to trade with other members
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #1413
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

restaurant aye?! free food? !
Aheartlessfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #1414
jostas
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Hey guys - I still have that 37 gal bowfront tank w/lid & light for sale if anyone is interested, $40 (and I still have that other one for you Bill - just let me know when you want it!).

I prob. won't be able to do the meet if we're still thinking of Father's Day the 17th, I'll be visiting the parental units lol.
jostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #1415
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostas View Post
Hey guys - I still have that 37 gal bowfront tank w/lid & light for sale if anyone is interested, $40 (and I still have that other one for you Bill - just let me know when you want it!).

I prob. won't be able to do the meet if we're still thinking of Father's Day the 17th, I'll be visiting the parental units lol.
i'll take it the weekend after father's day for sure
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #1416
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostas View Post

I will ask my friend tonight. He is probably going to take it if it comes with the lights. I will let you know tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #1417
jostas
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
i'll take it the weekend after father's day for sure
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
I will ask my friend tonight. He is probably going to take it if it comes with the lights. I will let you know tomorrow.
It comes with a hood and one t8 light, I can throw in an extra brand new bulb for it also. Just shoot me a pm if your friend is interested. Thanks!
jostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 AM   #1418
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Hey joe!! Been wondering where you've been!! Need anything for mom's tank?
Of course I'll be grabbing some stuff for her tank at the next meet assuming I can make it. She wants all guppies. When I stopped laughing out loud I told her pick again. I'll be filling it with Angels more than likely. I have enough plants floating around to get her started. She needs a better light before I really stock the tank though. Here's the start right after I filled it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #1419
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Looks nice, what size is it?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #1420
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Looks nice, what size is it?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
75 gallon. She refinished the stand. I was too lazy to put the doors back on today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #1421
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

That looks great. I love the wood!! It begs for some anubias of java fern on it
Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #1422
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Does anyone have a CO2 setup for sale? I'm considering trying a paintball setup.
I have a couple plants I really like that just wont grow for me submersed and i'm hoping this will fix it.

Bill - how's the Syn 'belem' you got from me doing? Mine is melting again - but the emersed stuff is growing like crazy
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #1423
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Dan,

I have 20oz paintball co2 bottle if you want. They are $10 filled. I believe the test seals are good for another year.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #1424
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Does anyone have a CO2 setup for sale? I'm considering trying a paintball setup.
I have a couple plants I really like that just wont grow for me submersed and i'm hoping this will fix it.

Bill - how's the Syn 'belem' you got from me doing? Mine is melting again - but the emersed stuff is growing like crazy
Well, i took those 4 burnt nubs you gave me and they are now 8 . 2 of them are still nubs, but they are now starting to recover. The other 5 are growing nicely now. I'll take picz of them tonight. I have them in the "icu" section of my 60g with a few other plants i have been working hard on resurrecting from the dead
Save yourself some $$ on the pb setup by getting the tank from van, get a remote trigger set from dick's and a needle valve from home depot. I think dicks sells a full pb setup with tegulator and bottle for $60, add a $10 valve from h.d. and you're set.
I was gonna offer up mine, but i think i'm gonna give it to my wife for her tank. Maybe i can get her to work it off in trade.....lol
Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #1425
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post

The probable reason it is melting for you is because it is a true soft water plant. It also prefers high light and a buttload of co2. And it is a slow grower. Almost as slow as downoi.