philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 75
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #1111
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Bill - sorry about your shrimp.

I had some losses this weekend too. Was doing yardwork and afterwards I decided to clean the sponge on my filter intake. I took off the sponge, did a little trimming, etc.

I forgot I had put bug repellent on while doing yardwork. My CPO's started acting wacky. Once I realized what happened I did a huge WC, but they were dead while it was still draining.... Lost all 5 - 2 were berried Fish were unaffected.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #1112
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Got my dry goods order in this morning. I'll return pending PMs about stuff you guys already asked about with final prices. All my original quoted prices are good. Only problem is I didn't get the larger atomizers so the smaller ones are good for up to a 20 gallon tank. It will be first asked first get on anything I don't have enough of. I can always place another order if you guys really wanted something. I'll post a link in here to my sale thread once I get all the pictures taken and get it posted...

Anybody asking about the breeding boxes... I setup one of the larger ones for myself and they are awesome. I'll be keeping my CPOs and some flame moss in there.
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #1113
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Bill - sorry about your shrimp.

I had some losses this weekend too. Was doing yardwork and afterwards I decided to clean the sponge on my filter intake. I took off the sponge, did a little trimming, etc.

I forgot I had put bug repellent on while doing yardwork. My CPO's started acting wacky. Once I realized what happened I did a huge WC, but they were dead while it was still draining.... Lost all 5 - 2 were berried Fish were unaffected.
that sucks dan. I don't even allow bug spray in certain parts of my house because i have heard it can kill inverts.
I did check my yellow tank last night and my 2 berried females were still alive and pregnant, and my 2 saddled girls are still there. The dragonfly nymph ate quite a few males.
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #1114
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

I added the link to my signature. But here it is again...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sp...ml#post1862792
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #1115
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

Did somebody local have S. Repens? I can't remember with all the stuff we talk about.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #1116
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

<----- this guy has s. Repens. How much ya need?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #1117
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
<----- this guy has s. Repens. How much ya need?
All of it... lol.

Just a couple stems. I wanna try it out for kicks.

Anybody who I PM'ed a "locals price" add $1 to each item. Sorry. I just got the invoice emailed to me and shipping was twice what I calculated. I thought they mischarged me for something they didn't send but turns out the shipping was wacky high. Sorry for the confusion.

Wish I could place bigger orders to cut the shipping charges. Just can't be placing $1000 orders for this stuff. My wife would literally make me sleep in my fish room.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #1118
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

No problem. I can give you enough to carpet a 10g and what's wrong with sleeping in your fish room? I fall asleep in mine all the time. I find the water sounds very soothing
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #1119
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

I'm in the process of cleaning out my 75 gallon tank so it's nice and clean for a possible scape and I realize a ton of my trident fern just straight up melted and died. It was tucked in the corner under some java moss. I just assumed since I saw the tops of the leaves were green and fine that the rest of it under the moss cloud would be fine because it's low light...right? Nope...a big melty mess. That's what I get for not doing tank maintenance while I was at school. Oh well, I still have a lot of needle leaf that survived and I'll spread that thinly through the background once it's all cleaned up.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #1120
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

Went over to Nemo's today to get a new bulb (which they didn't have). They did have some nice Angel selections but of course their prices were wonky. Nice Koi Angels but $40/each for 2". Ridiculous. Had some gorgeous blacks too. But they were $25/each for under 2". Hate that place so hard...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #1121
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Went over to Nemo's today to get a new bulb (which they didn't have). They did have some nice Angel selections but of course their prices were wonky. Nice Koi Angels but $40/each for 2". Ridiculous. Had some gorgeous blacks too. But they were $25/each for under 2". Hate that place so hard...
i told you that place would suck after the initial WOW factor was gone. they may have changed the name, but it's still the same old pets plus.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1122
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
I'm in the process of cleaning out my 75 gallon tank so it's nice and clean for a possible scape and I realize a ton of my trident fern just straight up melted and died. It was tucked in the corner under some java moss. I just assumed since I saw the tops of the leaves were green and fine that the rest of it under the moss cloud would be fine because it's low light...right? Nope...a big melty mess. That's what I get for not doing tank maintenance while I was at school. Oh well, I still have a lot of needle leaf that survived and I'll spread that thinly through the background once it's all cleaned up.
that'll teach ya to go to school!! at least it looks like they taught you about the whole life giving you lemons make lemonade thing at school. bounce back and move on, it's my new motto since sunday....lol

my son asked what i was gonna do with my ebi now that all my shrimp went to shrimpie heaven, i told him "i'm gonna crank up the co2 and plant the crap out of it!!!" LOL
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #1123
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
that'll teach ya to go to school!! at least it looks like they taught you about the whole life giving you lemons make lemonade thing at school. bounce back and move on, it's my new motto since sunday....lol

my son asked what i was gonna do with my ebi now that all my shrimp went to shrimpie heaven, i told him "i'm gonna crank up the co2 and plant the crap out of it!!!" LOL
Bill,

No.. no co2.. Just put some fresh water in and I'll give you a bag of CRS to try again when you drop off my new tank.

Van
Old 05-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #1124
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

wow, really van? you don't have to do that, i mean, i appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but you really don't have to.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #1125
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
wow, really van? you don't have to do that, i mean, i appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but you really don't have to.
You purchased those CRS from me and I have a one time 30 days survival guarantee just for you.

Don't go getting the idea that you will be getting my other special ones.. just some nice ones for you to try again but trust me, these aren't half bad. They are at least S grade.