philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 49
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #721
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

does anyone have yellow shrimps?
joon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #722
ttech
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

I just got 10 from the swap and shop in the mail today. With any luck I will have babies within 4-6 weeks.

My CPOs that I got from fishies in phila, who got them from you finally had babies. They are much bigger than shrimp babies when they are born.
ttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #723
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

i have to make a choice
$27 10 yellow shipped no picture or
$40 10 fire yellow looking awesome shipped

wait for me 3-4months, i have 12 berried CPOs atm, keep each one separately in
8inch x 8inch x 8inch section, and i will raise all of babies.
joon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #724
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

if the fire yellows are from either sewingalot or chad, i would go for them. they have been working for about 2 years to improve the genetics and they are beautiful!!

jimmy, let me know if you want any pearls. i'm going to keep them in a breeder tank to improve their color through HEAVY culling, but if you want some really blue ones to start with, we can swap for some cpo's
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #725
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
i bought this plant labeled as brazil sword for $15 at that fish place

and it was in my tank for last 6 months , should i go to complain?
we need a pic of the full plant. swords do indeed flower. a pic of the whole plant would be helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #726
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech View Post
My CPOs that I got from fishies in phila, who got them from you finally had babies. They are much bigger than shrimp babies when they are born.
i am so happy they bred for you!! they are awesome creatures, hence the reason i want some new ones for the 125.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #727
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

since i decided to keep the pearls and i am getting crs from van this weekend, i decided to re-scape the ebi for crs. i will post pics when the water clears up. that shrimp stratum is great when it's new, but sucks when you re-use it. why put the crs in the ebi and not the 60 shrimp tank you may ask? because i still want a form of tiger shrimp in the 60. maybe some reg tigers, or super tigers, or (crossing fingers) some oebt when i have the $$ ready for them!! seriously though? i would kill for some btoe in that tank. but they are just too expensive for a skinny lil white boy from the ghetto....LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #728
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

I want CPOs sooooo bad. Crazy drunk right now though. Red Stag ftw. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
GitMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #729
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

never drink and type, do you learn nothing by watching lifetime tv over the wife's shoulder??LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #730
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Actually, yes i have on some of them. I moved a couple of them to a low light tank and they are thriving! Thanks again. They are great plants. I definitely need more anubias soon. Let me know if you ever get any petite you want to unload.
I do have some petite, but I haven't decided if I want to keep it for myself or sell it yet. It's not in very good shape, so either way, I would have to wait for it to throw out some new growth before I would sell it anyway.

I'm actually running low on the anubias these days, I sold all the "extra" i bought specifically to sell and started dipping into my OWN plants I was kinda upset when I had to take a couple large anubias broad leaves and short and sharps out of my show tank to sell to someone because I accidently promised someone stock I didn't have lol. They got their money's worth that's for sure.

I might drop another order to my supplier in the next couple weeks, but I kinda want to set up my "anubias only" tank with that black sand you got me first. I'm soo broke right now...I need to sell some more plants and equipment before I can make another large order of anubias.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #731
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
I had to take a couple large anubias broad leaves and short and sharps out of my show tank to sell to someone because I accidently promised someone stock I didn't have lol.
do they not teach you kids simple math in that there fancy college??LOL

oh, about the sand. after having it a few weeks, i am HATING the fine sand. my kribs shift it all over, my raphael cats have dug caves everywhere (hence the reason i put in 4" of substrate above my dirt, and yes i know it's too much!LOL)
as a result is i have sediment EVERYWHERE!!! once a week i go in with a hose and blow it off of everything. i even got rid of that huge piece of driftwood in the middle of my tank, it did nothing but collect sediment. if you use it in a tank, make it low flow and avoid anything that might even think it wants to disturb the substrate. LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #732
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Quote:
never drink and type, do you learn nothing by watching lifetime tv over the wife's shoulder??LOL
I don't ever learn anything. I've had about 32oz of straight Red Stag (whiskey) in the last hour. Spring Break is the best. Rented a mountain house with 10 other people. Tonight is Jersey Shore night. The ladies are getting ready right now. Gonna be a long night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
GitMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #733
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
do they not teach you kids simple math in that there fancy college??LOL

oh, about the sand. after having it a few weeks, i am HATING the fine sand. my kribs shift it all over, my raphael cats have dug caves everywhere (hence the reason i put in 4" of substrate above my dirt, and yes i know it's too much!LOL)
as a result is i have sediment EVERYWHERE!!! once a week i go in with a hose and blow it off of everything. i even got rid of that huge piece of driftwood in the middle of my tank, it did nothing but collect sediment. if you use it in a tank, make it low flow and avoid anything that might even think it wants to disturb the substrate. LOL
Good to know! I looked at the bags real quick before shoving them under my fish rack but didn't notice any labeling. I guess I'll figure out which is the fine stuff and which is the more gritty stuff. Worst comes to worst I can still use it for a growout tank for plants only, or use it as a bottom layer until some standard gravel. I'll figure something out.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #734
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Are you using black blasting grit? I've never used it in a tank, but I spent a hot summer sandblasting with the stuff when I was younger. Its coal slag. It leaves residue on anything it touches when its dry so I imagine its a powdery mess in a tank. Breaks down too easily and eventually turns to dust.

Why not pour some regular black sand over it? cap the cap -lol. might keep it contained and saves the hassle of replacing substrate.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #735
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Well, the more coarse grit is good. It's the fine stuff that's a pita. I wouldn't hesitate using the coarse in a tank. I would have used it in my 60g but was afraid it would compact too much and i would have no flow through my ugf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.