philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 167
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2491
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and from Pottstown, PA! If anyone local is interested I have a bag of coral rocks ("Reef Rocks"). They are new and unused as I got them wanting to do a Sulawesi set-up, but then changed my mind. The bag is opened, but they were never in a tank. There are 7 fist sized rocks.

I would love to do a trade for plant trimmings (anything low light/low tech) or for some RCS or other Neo Shrimp if anyone is interested. If you want them and have something else to trade make me an offer!
iLOVEnanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #2492
Psycofc1
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Welcome and glad to see some locals
Psycofc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #2493
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

Thanks! Do you have any tips on where to get fish/plants locally? So far I have been doing Petco/Petsmart and Diane's, but didn't know if there were any other mom and pop type places to check out?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #2494
longgonedaddy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEnanos View Post
Thanks! Do you have any tips on where to get fish/plants locally? So far I have been doing Petco/Petsmart and Diane's, but didn't know if there were any other mom and pop type places to check out?

Pottstown, but your location says NEPA. You confused?
longgonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #2495
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

Bahahaha! You caught me! I was so used to typing it from my old job I must have slipped! Just changed it before to many people realize I am blonde
Old 06-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #2496
Psycofc1
Planted Member

Well closet good store is Nemos off germantown and 202 then there is that pet place out in Lancaster not sure of really any other in between
Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #2497
longgonedaddy
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Bahahaha! You caught me! I was so used to typing it from my old job I must have slipped! Just changed it before to many people realize I am blonde

Can't help you any more than the post above.
longgonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #2498
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member

As was previously stated Nemos in Norristown is good....AZ pets & ponds (or something like that) has decent selection....I think they started as a POND store and have slowly expanded.....they're in the strip mall with Boscovs East in Exeter....Their Livestock is hit or miss....
For Hardgoods I recomend to either drive to That Pet Place in Lancaster or HR-Hidden Reeef and FF- Fish Factory in Lower Bucks (Bristol?). The FF and HR are about mile apart- can hit both at same time. Both of those have good Livestock as well...

Welcome aboard.
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #2499
PhillyMurse
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)

I have to say after going to Nemos quite a few times, I find them less and less impressive. If you can get to Aquarium Center in Clementon (NJ) or The Hidden Reef as others have mentioned, I would do that. I mean if you're willing to go to Lancaster then the trip to either of those places isn't horrible. Always fun to check everyone out though, even if it's over time.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #2500
Psycofc1
Planted Member

Forgot to mention Msjinkzed. She is out of York, Pa and specializes in nano fish and inverts. I'm planning or hitting her up when I set up my 75. You can find her on here.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #2501
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone! MsJinzd is great! I am getting some stuff from her soon! I am gonna check out Captain Nemo's some time this week. I am also going to plan a trip to That Fish Place soon. My son LOVES fish so I think it will be fun to bring him to see all the tanks
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2502
briscoe
Algae Grower

Quote:
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and from Pottstown, PA! If anyone local is interested I have a bag of coral rocks ("Reef Rocks"). They are new and unused as I got them wanting to do a Sulawesi set-up, but then changed my mind. The bag is opened, but they were never in a tank. There are 7 fist sized rocks.

I would love to do a trade for plant trimmings (anything low light/low tech) or for some RCS or other Neo Shrimp if anyone is interested. If you want them and have something else to trade make me an offer!
Welcome. I live in Lansdale but work in Pottstown. I don't have any shrimp right now, but I'm trying to get a breeding colony of painted fire red shrimp going. I haven't had much luck yet but I'll keep you in mind as I don't have any experience with shipping them. But I will tell you that if you want quality livestock and/or plants, you can't go wrong buying from the many people that sell on this site. I've had shrimp shipped to my house on MANY occasions, and have never had any issues with DOA (dead on arrival).

As far as LFS options, one place no one has mentioned yet (I think) is in Harleysville called Fins, Feathers, Paws and Claws. I stop in every once in awhile. Like most places, their selection is hit or miss. Their prices can also be a little whacky. They have another store located in the Quakertown Farmers market as well. I recommend checking both out.
briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2503
Domenick

PTrader: (0/0%)

Does anyone live in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia? I'm looking for different kinds of shrimp and live-beards.
Domenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #2504
typage76
Algae Grower

Hi all, I am in Horsham, PA. Currently Running a Evolve 4 with a scarlett badis female in it and RCS and (2) 5 gallon shrimp tanks wild bees, Tiger shrimp. Glad to see a lot of locals!
typage76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #2505
AntiSoberSam
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Paradise (Lancaster), PA here. Any local Angelfish breeders? Any other local or private source of fish besides Petsmart or That Fish Place?
AntiSoberSam is offline   Reply With Quote