philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 158
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #2356
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

ok, all plants are spoken for. thanks guys for taking them off my hands and not letting them go into the compost bin.
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #2357
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

and stay tuned, in a few months, i may be blowing out some rare crypts for the one or two crypt lovers out there
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #2358
Tank Man
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone have some smokey leopard veiled angelfish they are looking to get rid of? I am looking for two, age does not matter. Will buy and/or trade.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...95&pcatid=1595

55 Tank Journal
Tank Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #2359
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Ya mon....you need to get in touch with Van (discusonly). He's the man when.it comes to crs in philly

Thanks Bill. How are your CRS doing? I am working on these culls at the moment. I have enough to keep them in their own tank. Will see what they throw out.

I've managed to increase the quality of what I've started with a year ago after lots of culling

Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #2360
robxc80
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Bill thank you for the plants! They look great.

I ended up getting 2 of those Finnex 36" LED lights you and i discussed. I'll keep you posted.
robxc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #2361
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
Thanks Bill. How are your CRS doing? I am working on these culls at the moment. I have enough to keep them in their own tank. Will see what they throw out.

I've managed to increase the quality of what I've started with a year ago after lots of culling

gorgeous Van. i still cannot believe you are not a "shrimp guy"...LOL

my crs? i can confirm 2 in the tank....lol still rather small, so they must be the littlest ones you gave me. on the upside, it looks like i have 1 m and 1 f this is my last go around with crs. i think i am going to wait and get an ro unit before i try again. but that won't be for quite some time.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #2362
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxc80 View Post
Bill thank you for the plants! They look great.

I ended up getting 2 of those Finnex 36" LED lights you and i discussed. I'll keep you posted.
oh, you're welcome Rob, anytime. it was great meeting you and geeking out about tanks. between you and sam, i got all geeked out...LOL

please keep me updated, i am really curious to see how they work out for you. i may try it out for the 40b project.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #2363
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru

Thanks for offering me those fish Rob. Thank god I didn't take them cuz my male and female blue rams were cleaning a spot off on the substrate today. Pretty sure they're getting ready to spawn. What did you wind up doing with them?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #2364
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
gorgeous Van. i still cannot believe you are not a "shrimp guy"...LOL

my crs? i can confirm 2 in the tank....lol still rather small, so they must be the littlest ones you gave me. on the upside, it looks like i have 1 m and 1 f this is my last go around with crs. i think i am going to wait and get an ro unit before i try again. but that won't be for quite some time.

That's unfortunate. RO does make it easy. Even a discus only person can do it with RO water. When you are ready to tray again, I may be culling PRL. I'll have to re-arrange the tank to get some pictures of them.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #2365
jostas
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Phew my life has been one terrible thing after another - been so busy, I need to catch up on this forum! Where's the guy I promised some shrimp and snails to? Pm me!

Also, anyone selling a set up? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger tank, currently have a 29gal.
jostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #2366
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostas View Post
Phew my life has been one terrible thing after another - been so busy, I need to catch up on this forum! Where's the guy I promised some shrimp and snails to? Pm me!

Also, anyone selling a set up? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger tank, currently have a 29gal.
i have a 55g with stand that needs to go. with that I can give you 4 bulb t5ho unit that needs to be rebuilt i took it apart to see if i could clean up the hard water stains and ended up just buying another fixture.

located in trevose.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #2367
jostas
Planted Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
i have a 55g with stand that needs to go. with that I can give you 4 bulb t5ho unit that needs to be rebuilt i took it apart to see if i could clean up the hard water stains and ended up just buying another fixture.

located in trevose.
lol, send me a pm with pic & price?

Edit: I also still have that 20 gal slate bottom metaframe w/orig hood if anyone wants to trade

Last edited by jostas; 02-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 02-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #2368
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru

$50? they're in my garage, which is a mess since we're renovating the basement and have no where to put things otherwise.

whats this about a slate bottom tank? how much is that worth? wouldnt mind a nifty trade
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #2369
jostas
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
$50? they're in my garage, which is a mess since we're renovating the basement and have no where to put things otherwise.

whats this about a slate bottom tank? how much is that worth? wouldnt mind a nifty trade
replied to your pm. it's worth a little more than $50 but maybe we can work something out . pics: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...taframe%20tank
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #2370
robxc80
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
oh, you're welcome Rob, anytime. it was great meeting you and geeking out about tanks. between you and sam, i got all geeked out...LOL

please keep me updated, i am really curious to see how they work out for you. i may try it out for the 40b project.
So I tried out the 2 36" Finnex Ray II LED fixtures for my 150. Honestly, just by how they look to my eyes, they aren't any brighter than a single tgho unit that spanned the 6 feet. However, since I got them to supplement my 3 80 watt T5 HO lights and allow me to get more light spread, I'm satisfied.

When all is said and done, the fact that I don't have to replace the bulbs every 12 months justifies the $260 or so i paid for both lights.

On their own, it would definately be low light on a 6 foot 150 gallon tank.
robxc80 is offline   Reply With Quote