philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 123
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 08-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #1831
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
Depends on the quantity. I am about 1 hour and 40 minutes from Center city, if that helps. I also go to Philly frequently, as I lived there for over a decade and am very attached to the city. I was just there for 4 days a week ago
Def let us folks know when your planning on coming through. I would gladly drive into center city to pick up some fish. But it's about 2 hours from where I am to you, so 4 hours of driving isn't exactly going to save me any money vs. getting them shipped.

I'm thinking about 15-20 pygmy cory cats. I would love to have a shoal of them in my planted tank. Any discount for that type of order or no?

Who else wants some pygmy's!? haha
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #1832
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Do u still have micro crabs and cpo's?
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Def let us folks know when your planning on coming through. I would gladly drive into center city to pick up some fish. But it's about 2 hours from where I am to you, so 4 hours of driving isn't exactly going to save me any money vs. getting them shipped.

I'm thinking about 15-20 pygmy cory cats. I would love to have a shoal of them in my planted tank. Any discount for that type of order or no?

Who else wants some pygmy's!? haha
Yea, that is a hike for sure. Probably not a discount for that, simply because I have been having a heck of a time getting the pgymaeus and they are selling really quickly.
msjinkzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:30 AM   #1833
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
yup

Yea, that is a hike for sure. Probably not a discount for that, simply because I have been having a heck of a time getting the pgymaeus and they are selling really quickly.
Understandable. I'm sure once I have my tanks setup the way they should be I'll just bite the bullet and have them shipped. If you run out you run out haha
Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #1834
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

just wanted to let you guys know, I recently got new fed ex pricing and the ground service (which should be next day to any of you) is about the price of priority. I would have to check zip codes to be sure, but it is pretty cheap and quick
msjinkzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #1835
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

Quote:
just wanted to let you guys know, I recently got new fed ex pricing and the ground service (which should be next day to any of you) is about the price of priority. I would have to check zip codes to be sure, but it is pretty cheap and quick
well last 2 times i used priority shipping from you
it took 18 hrs and 26 hrs to get here
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #1836
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
well last 2 times i used priority shipping from you
it took 18 hrs and 26 hrs to get here
That's reassuring haha.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #1837
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Big shout out to everyone in north/northeast philly. I'll be working on the corner of aramingo ave and tioga for the next 2 weeks in the WIC office. Bill said it's about 3 miles from where he works if that gives you an idea. I decided I'm only going to work my night job on saturdays and sundays until I get my feet wet. I don't think I can handle working two jobs back to back 5 days a week haha. So that mean's I'll be available and in the area during the week around 4pm when I get off work.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #1838
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Be careful around there. Not a terrible area, but not the best either.
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #1839
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Be careful around there. Not a terrible area, but not the best either.
how come you never told me to be careful? or it is just that Steve is the delicate suburbanite boy?? LOL

on another note, did anybody hear about the news story that said that cfl's emit dangerous radiation? i missed the story on the news the other day, it was coming on as i was leaving for work.

and how are everybody's tanks doing? i know i have been kind of missing in action, but i have been fighting all kinds of problems in my tanks. i think i may be winning the battle. oh, and yea me! the dart frog tank construction is just about complete. just need to button a few things up and then add some plants.
here's a little teaser shot:
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #1840
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hahaha....suburbanite boy. No worries about me guys...I'm rough enough around the edges to take care of myself in the shady parts of town haha.

I have nematodes in some of my guppies (red worm looking things coming out of the anus) and I just noticed I have hydra in my 40 breeder. No clue where the hydra came from....the only new things I've added to the tank have been breeding caves that were completely dried out. Maybe the organism is able to survive in a dormant stage? I've never had hydra before though. I'm just going to remove all the fish, crank up the heater to around 120 degree's F and that should kill them apparently.

I'm finished setting up my sump system, minus adding the filtering material, but one of my overflows isn't keeping up with the flow from the return line. I think I know the cause, so I'm going to take the one drain pipe apart and reconfigure it and see if that works. Once I know that I can keep the return pump running and have the overflows constantly keeping the water line stable, I will glue everything together and add the filter media.

Then after that I suppose I'll resume scaping my 75 with anubias as I originally planned, but never got around to. I got another large piece of mopani from petco (the one on aramingo). The first piece I got looked like it was growing some sort of fungus or bacteria on sections of the wood when I left it in a unestablished tank so I'm going to stick it in the oven and see if that stops anything from growing.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1841
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Hahaha....suburbanite boy. No worries about me guys...I'm rough enough around the edges to take care of myself in the shady parts of town haha.

I have nematodes in some of my guppies (red worm looking things coming out of the anus) and I just noticed I have hydra in my 40 breeder. No clue where the hydra came from....the only new things I've added to the tank have been breeding caves that were completely dried out. Maybe the organism is able to survive in a dormant stage? I've never had hydra before though. I'm just going to remove all the fish, crank up the heater to around 120 degree's F and that should kill them apparently.

I'm finished setting up my sump system, minus adding the filtering material, but one of my overflows isn't keeping up with the flow from the return line. I think I know the cause, so I'm going to take the one drain pipe apart and reconfigure it and see if that works. Once I know that I can keep the return pump running and have the overflows constantly keeping the water line stable, I will glue everything together and add the filter media.

Then after that I suppose I'll resume scaping my 75 with anubias as I originally planned, but never got around to. I got another large piece of mopani from petco (the one on aramingo). The first piece I got looked like it was growing some sort of fungus or bacteria on sections of the wood when I left it in a unestablished tank so I'm going to stick it in the oven and see if that stops anything from growing.
my my aren't we the motivated one? lol i stopped off at that petco last night looking for reptile supplies. i had fogotten what kind of craphole that store is......lol of course they didn't have what i needed, surprise!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #1842
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

i ordered fish / plants online spent 150 that easy
so i decided to sell my fish, shrimp and crayfish on craigslist
its not illegal right????
do i have to be careful of something when im selling livestock on craigslist...?

sometimes i make mistakes without knowing it lol

Last edited by joon; 08-11-2012 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: 4
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #1843
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
do i have to be careful of something when im selling livestock on craigslist...?

as far as i know, as long as they are not invasive species that you brought in illegally, you are good.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #1844
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

here's a test to see if anyone is out there, here's a pic of my new vivarium. i set it up to have mostly semi-aquatic plants in it. i'll be adding some terrestrial plants in a couple weeks.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #1845
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:

It's not illegal but once a while, you will get folks that will flag you. If you do list things on CL, just make sure that you are not using your real phone number.