philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #151
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

the last time i was at hidden reef, i saw aqueon 75's for $89.
yeah...that's it....grow plants!! especially rare crypts!!! i'm a crypt whore and would rather keep it local if i can :-)
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #152
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

I'm about to do a massive cleanout of my two 40 gallon tanks. I'll have a lot of plants available. Mosses, anubias, crypts, other stems. If anybody wants anything hit me up. My tanks have been long ignored and everything is out of control. I'm also selling this...

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/hsh/2837659667.html
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #153
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
the last time i was at hidden reef, i saw aqueon 75's for $89.
yeah...that's it....grow plants!! especially rare crypts!!! i'm a crypt whore and would rather keep it local if i can :-)
I don't like to pay more than $0.75 cents on the gallon, I usually aim for 50 cents on the gallon. So $89 is not something I would pay. I don't like crypts much myself. Although I haven't grown any in my tanks haha. Anubias are my favorite personally. Take forever to grow in low light though. Well worth it in the end.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #154
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
I'm about to do a massive cleanout of my two 40 gallon tanks. I'll have a lot of plants available. Mosses, anubias, crypts, other stems. If anybody wants anything hit me up. My tanks have been long ignored and everything is out of control. I'm also selling this...

You selling those two 40 breeders? I would def be interested. What kind of anubias are you working with? I have a bunch already but if you wanna sell them lemme know what you have. Pictures?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #155
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
You selling those two 40 breeders? I would def be interested. What kind of anubias are you working with? I have a bunch already but if you wanna sell them lemme know what you have. Pictures?
Well one tank is a 36bow and the other is a 40 breeder. I could be convinced to sell the 40 breeder for the right price or a trade. The 36bow could also be for sale if I can get the scratches out of the 50gal acrylic tank I bought super cheap. For anubias I have Nana, Nana Petite, and Barteri right now.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #156
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

let me know what crypts you have. i will probably take them off your hands.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #157
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Well one tank is a 36bow and the other is a 40 breeder. I could be convinced to sell the 40 breeder for the right price or a trade. The 36bow could also be for sale if I can get the scratches out of the 50gal acrylic tank I bought super cheap. For anubias I have Nana, Nana Petite, and Barteri right now.
Gotcha. If you want cash I can offer you $30 for the 40B, not interested in the bow front. If you want to trade, I got some 20 longs, 10's, and all sorts of aquarium equipment like lights, filters, heaters, etc. I'm in West Chester right now. All my aquarium stuff is at home in Delco though.

Got plants too, but I don't know what your looking for.

The ball is in your court my friend
Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #158
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh and guys...I went to the guys place that is closing down his hatchery. He has a tote filled with about 50 hydro pro sponge filters. The two largest sizes. I was hoping to get like 10 of them for $30/ $3 each, but he wanted $6 each. But after spending time just talking with him, he let me have some for $5 each. I picked up 6. I wanted more, but 6 will work for all my bigger thanks. Granted I already have a bunch of other sponge filters, I was just looking to upgrade my whole fishroom to the nicer looking/higher flow hydropro's. Next time I head home I might see if I can pick up some more. Anyone interested? $5 for a $10 filter isn't that bad. He actually took the time to clean them all off, so most look brand new. He definitely doesn't want a bunch of people coming over to pick up 1 or 2 filters a piece though. He's trying to sell it all in one foul swoop.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #159
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

What else is he selling? Anything good?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #160
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Oh and guys...I went to the guys place that is closing down his hatchery. He has a tote filled with about 50 hydro pro sponge filters. The two largest sizes. I was hoping to get like 10 of them for $30/ $3 each, but he wanted $6 each. But after spending time just talking with him, he let me have some for $5 each. I picked up 6. I wanted more, but 6 will work for all my bigger thanks. Granted I already have a bunch of other sponge filters, I was just looking to upgrade my whole fishroom to the nicer looking/higher flow hydropro's. Next time I head home I might see if I can pick up some more. Anyone interested? $5 for a $10 filter isn't that bad. He actually took the time to clean them all off, so most look brand new. He definitely doesn't want a bunch of people coming over to pick up 1 or 2 filters a piece though. He's trying to sell it all in one foul swoop.
i'll take 4
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #161
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

haha its nice to see my local guys in this thread
i love to buy more , a lot of anubias
if u selling anubias , what kind , how many leaves and how much does it cost?
send me an offer please

i kept those with my 55 and 110 watt light for last 3 yrs without co2
i see 2-3 new leaves each month lol

joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #162
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
What else is he selling? Anything good?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
He's got a ton of tanks running in his system, but he's not trying to break that apart. Instead he's asking for $3000 for everything, which is a fair deal in my opinion if you saw everything he had setup.

He was willing to part ways with 55 gallons and 75 gallons for $1 per gallon, but some tanks are drilled and I don't like to pay that much for used aquariums. He also painted the back and sides of all his tanks blue, which I'm not exactly a fan of if I want to use it for anything else other than displaying/breeding fish.

He has expensive linear pumps able to power whole fish rooms, Aquaclear filters for $40 each (110 model), $30(50 model), a bucket full of heaters that I didn't get a price on, and huge storage containers for his RO water since he was doing discus.

I'm not exactly trying to be the middle man in all this though. You can imagine how annoying that would be. The only reason I'm not giving you his contact information outright is because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy if I sent people to him looking for only a few items each because he really doesnt want to do that haha. Plus I'm not in the area anymore, won't see him again for at least a week and a half.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #163
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
haha its nice to see my local guys in this thread
i love to buy more , a lot of anubias
if u selling anubias , what kind , how many leaves and how much does it cost?
send me an offer please

i kept those with my 55 and 110 watt light for last 3 yrs without co2
i see 2-3 new leaves each month lol

Excellent anubias joon! Wish I had a better camera on my phone to show off mine.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #164
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
i'll take 4
Hahaha...I don't know what I'm getting myself into. I guess I was trying to help everyone out by telling them about his prices/what he has available, but theres no way I'm trying to be the middle man for selling his filters. My bad!

What we could possibly do is meet up and all go over together for those of you who want stuff. I dunno....just talking out of my butt it seems. I guess what I'll do is let everyone know the next time I'm heading over to his place. If you want something then you guys can paypal me the money, so I don't get shortcut and you can either pick it up from me or we can arrange to have it mailed.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #165
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hey Joon...what type of substrate you using? Black sand or blasting sand? Looks nice and clean. I'm looking for something black like that with a little more of a gritty appearance. I heard blasting sand comes in different sizes, so I'm gonna try to find some large grain stuff.