philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 104
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #1546
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
The only thing I have from your list is a Tom's Mini Canister filter. Good for up to 20 gallons.
You been hiding that all this time you little creep!!! Lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #1547
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

ok, we really need to do a swap soon.....my tanks need to be trimmed and i don't want to throw any plants away.....see?

Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #1548
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
You been hiding that all this time you little creep!!! Lol
Haha...It's been sitting in a box for months. I keep planning on using it for a planted tank or something but I haven't got around to it. It's a sweet little filter that's for sure. Not sure I want to trade it now that I think about it

Got enough Glosso Bill!? Jesus. haha
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #1549
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Not sure I want to trade it now that I think about it
well, if you decide you want to.....i know a guy who would make a trade for it


Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Got enough Glosso Bill!? Jesus. haha
yeah, i have a stem or two....lol funny thing is, you can't see the back of the tank from the pic, but it covers about 80% of my substrate....lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1550
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

oh, and i started that glosso patch with about 20 tiny, single stems. i just think it likes me
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #1551
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 618
Default

Bill,

If you want to throw a few glosso my way, I may try them in my metaframe.
__________________
Van
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1552
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

you got it Master Van
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #1553
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

just a side note. that co2 splitter i got? the thing is awesome. takes a bit of tweaking to get things adjusted, especially on a 20ft run, but well worth the time and money spent
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #1554
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

What do you guys think....

Still thinking about what size tanks I wanna make with this 2mm glass. I'm likely only going to use these for raising fry, but plants are bound to find a home in some of them haha. But anyway...according to online glass thickness calculators, then maximum LxWxH I can safely build is 24x24x10(only filled 8 inches high). I might just be young and stupid but a 24x24x10 inch tank would be awesome! haha. But what size do you think would be practical? 12x12x10 is in my head and so is 24x12x10. The reason it can only be 10 inches high is because that's the maximum weight the glass can handle, but that's fine for me because I want the tanks to have a nice low profile to increase air/water surface area.

Let's hear you're thoughts or dimension idea's!
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #1555
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

I've also thought about a filtration system already If I go with a bunch of pretty small tanks, I want to "connect" them all with pvc U-tubes that will keep the water levels equal. Then I'll add a block of poret foam and all my other media into the last tank and then have a pump from the last tank into the first and the U-tubes will allow the water to flow between each one. Yes, if one U-tube got clogged I would be F'd, but I feel like I would notice it before it did any damage because I would start to see the level rising in one tank compared to the others.
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #1556
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
What do you guys think....

Still thinking about what size tanks I wanna make with this 2mm glass. I'm likely only going to use these for raising fry, but plants are bound to find a home in some of them haha. But anyway...according to online glass thickness calculators, then maximum LxWxH I can safely build is 24x24x10(only filled 8 inches high). I might just be young and stupid but a 24x24x10 inch tank would be awesome! haha. But what size do you think would be practical? 12x12x10 is in my head and so is 24x12x10. The reason it can only be 10 inches high is because that's the maximum weight the glass can handle, but that's fine for me because I want the tanks to have a nice low profile to increase air/water surface area.

Let's hear you're thoughts or dimension idea's!
I would make 12x12x8 terrariums for emersed growth. Building tanks scares me....lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #1557
Beer
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
The only thing I have from your list is a Tom's Mini Canister filter. Good for up to 20 gallons.
I think the Tom's canister is the one I have been thinking about getting. Maybe two because the tank is so long. Is the canister new or used? I'd be open to trading if you change your mind.

If you are making the tank a fry tank, why not make one long tank with dividers? Drill a couple of 1 or 2 inch holes in each baffle and use a bulkhead fitting with stainless mesh. You could go longer than 24" because the dividers would add support that would keep the glass from bowing.
I found hot tub fittings a while back, they may have been drains. They have a screen the would work well to keep each section's inhabitants separated.
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #1558
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
I think the Tom's canister is the one I have been thinking about getting. Maybe two because the tank is so long. Is the canister new or used? I'd be open to trading if you change your mind.

If you are making the tank a fry tank, why not make one long tank with dividers? Drill a couple of 1 or 2 inch holes in each baffle and use a bulkhead fitting with stainless mesh. You could go longer than 24" because the dividers would add support that would keep the glass from bowing.
I found hot tub fittings a while back, they may have been drains. They have a screen the would work well to keep each section's inhabitants separated.
Hmmm...one tank with dividers does sound nice. I guess the only thing it limits me from is changing stuff around like I could do with multiple small tanks. I believe the maximum length of the glass I have is 30 inches, so that would limit how many chambers I have as well.

The best part about these fry tanks is going to be that I'm going to have pleco fry and guppy fry in the same tanks. The pleco's will clean all the protein scum off the walls for me
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1559
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (19/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philidelphia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Why is the name kyle under everything people say?
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #1560
jreich
Planted Tank Guru
 
jreich's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,940
Default

I dont c it

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012