philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 104
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #1546
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
The only thing I have from your list is a Tom's Mini Canister filter. Good for up to 20 gallons.
You been hiding that all this time you little creep!!! Lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #1547
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

ok, we really need to do a swap soon.....my tanks need to be trimmed and i don't want to throw any plants away.....see?

Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #1548
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
You been hiding that all this time you little creep!!! Lol
Haha...It's been sitting in a box for months. I keep planning on using it for a planted tank or something but I haven't got around to it. It's a sweet little filter that's for sure. Not sure I want to trade it now that I think about it

Got enough Glosso Bill!? Jesus. haha
KingPlakat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #1549
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Not sure I want to trade it now that I think about it
well, if you decide you want to.....i know a guy who would make a trade for it

Quote:
Got enough Glosso Bill!? Jesus. haha
yeah, i have a stem or two....lol funny thing is, you can't see the back of the tank from the pic, but it covers about 80% of my substrate....lol
Old 06-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1550
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

oh, and i started that glosso patch with about 20 tiny, single stems. i just think it likes me
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #1551
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Bill,

If you want to throw a few glosso my way, I may try them in my metaframe.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1552
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

you got it Master Van
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #1553
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

just a side note. that co2 splitter i got? the thing is awesome. takes a bit of tweaking to get things adjusted, especially on a 20ft run, but well worth the time and money spent
Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #1554
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

What do you guys think....

Still thinking about what size tanks I wanna make with this 2mm glass. I'm likely only going to use these for raising fry, but plants are bound to find a home in some of them haha. But anyway...according to online glass thickness calculators, then maximum LxWxH I can safely build is 24x24x10(only filled 8 inches high). I might just be young and stupid but a 24x24x10 inch tank would be awesome! haha. But what size do you think would be practical? 12x12x10 is in my head and so is 24x12x10. The reason it can only be 10 inches high is because that's the maximum weight the glass can handle, but that's fine for me because I want the tanks to have a nice low profile to increase air/water surface area.

Let's hear you're thoughts or dimension idea's!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #1555
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've also thought about a filtration system already If I go with a bunch of pretty small tanks, I want to "connect" them all with pvc U-tubes that will keep the water levels equal. Then I'll add a block of poret foam and all my other media into the last tank and then have a pump from the last tank into the first and the U-tubes will allow the water to flow between each one. Yes, if one U-tube got clogged I would be F'd, but I feel like I would notice it before it did any damage because I would start to see the level rising in one tank compared to the others.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #1556
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
What do you guys think....

Still thinking about what size tanks I wanna make with this 2mm glass. I'm likely only going to use these for raising fry, but plants are bound to find a home in some of them haha. But anyway...according to online glass thickness calculators, then maximum LxWxH I can safely build is 24x24x10(only filled 8 inches high). I might just be young and stupid but a 24x24x10 inch tank would be awesome! haha. But what size do you think would be practical? 12x12x10 is in my head and so is 24x12x10. The reason it can only be 10 inches high is because that's the maximum weight the glass can handle, but that's fine for me because I want the tanks to have a nice low profile to increase air/water surface area.

Let's hear you're thoughts or dimension idea's!
I would make 12x12x8 terrariums for emersed growth. Building tanks scares me....lol
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #1557
Beer
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
The only thing I have from your list is a Tom's Mini Canister filter. Good for up to 20 gallons.
I think the Tom's canister is the one I have been thinking about getting. Maybe two because the tank is so long. Is the canister new or used? I'd be open to trading if you change your mind.

If you are making the tank a fry tank, why not make one long tank with dividers? Drill a couple of 1 or 2 inch holes in each baffle and use a bulkhead fitting with stainless mesh. You could go longer than 24" because the dividers would add support that would keep the glass from bowing.
I found hot tub fittings a while back, they may have been drains. They have a screen the would work well to keep each section's inhabitants separated.
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #1558
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
I think the Tom's canister is the one I have been thinking about getting. Maybe two because the tank is so long. Is the canister new or used? I'd be open to trading if you change your mind.

If you are making the tank a fry tank, why not make one long tank with dividers? Drill a couple of 1 or 2 inch holes in each baffle and use a bulkhead fitting with stainless mesh. You could go longer than 24" because the dividers would add support that would keep the glass from bowing.
I found hot tub fittings a while back, they may have been drains. They have a screen the would work well to keep each section's inhabitants separated.
Hmmm...one tank with dividers does sound nice. I guess the only thing it limits me from is changing stuff around like I could do with multiple small tanks. I believe the maximum length of the glass I have is 30 inches, so that would limit how many chambers I have as well.

The best part about these fry tanks is going to be that I'm going to have pleco fry and guppy fry in the same tanks. The pleco's will clean all the protein scum off the walls for me
Old 06-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1559
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Why is the name kyle under everything people say?
Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #1560
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

I dont c it

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote