ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden(pics of summer 2013 page 4) - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Ponds

Old 08-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #46
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneywt1180b View Post
Beautiful pond! It's great you finally had your fish spawn again. It may be some maintenance but the results are well worth the effort to me.

I had a "pond" at my old house. It was a wooden box I made to sit on my deck and held around 250 gallons. I had a few goldfish, water hyacinth, a water lilly and some star grass in it. It was really relaxing to sit by it and just watch. It was also one of my more successful fish related projects. My wife and I are talking a little bit about a water feature here. I just need to get busy and do it.
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsharp View Post
wow havent seen this nice of a pond in quite some time!!!
Thanks for the kind words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacory View Post
This is pretty awesome. I'm sure it's on every fish junkie's wish list.

If you were to start over, what would you have done differently?
The only thing I really think I would have done different is I would have liked to have the waterfall a whole lot taller and wider but when purchasing rocks for around the waterfall I had to stop somewhere as they get quite pricey when you get into rocks of substantial size.

So a couple months late but here a some pictures of the pond this summer.

And a few shots looking out of the sunroom:

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #47
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

WOW..WOW..WOW!!!
That is awesome!! I love all the plants and how they just flow together. So tranquil and peaceful and I feel it thru your pics!

BREATHTAKING!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #48
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalltheway View Post
WOW..WOW..WOW!!!
That is awesome!! I love all the plants and how they just flow together. So tranquil and peaceful and I feel it thru your pics!

BREATHTAKING!!!
Thanks for the compliments. Now I just need to make more time to actually sit down to enjoy it. For me the enjoyment also comes in tinkering with things that's why I always have ideas to make my tank better. The wife doesn't quite understand it but that's fine I don't understand the need to spend $100+ on a pair of jeans but to each is own I guess.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
Old 08-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #49
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

I know what you are talking about. Whenever I go to work on my tank, she is like "Now what you do need to do with it"

My neighbor last fall bought a 75 gal tank and a new Fluval 206 for a turtle and this spring got rid of the turtle and the stuff was sitting in his garage empty so I asked him if he wanted to sell them and offered him $125.00 and he was fine with that....my wife on the other hand, went thru the roof and couldn't understand why I needed another tank. Told her I wanted to setup a cichlid tank....she will never unerstand.

Go enjoy that pond!!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
ThoHell
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)

OMG that is gorgeous! How long did it take you to build that? I'm going to be building my own pond soon. Do you have any tips to make it easier and make it pond last a long time like yours?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #51
Seedreemer
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Wow, awesome pond and plants! Is that a gigantic jade plant inside??

You're very talented. There are some ugly yard ponds out there. This looks professional, like something you'd see in a magazine.
Seedreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #52
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
OMG that is gorgeous! How long did it take you to build that? I'm going to be building my own pond soon. Do you have any tips to make it easier and make it pond last a long time like yours?
Thank you. It took around a week in total to build but the most time was spent hauling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of rock in. I had a smaller preformed pond in before so there was a little hole already dug then it was just a matter of more digging. The only tip I have other than buying the thickest liner you can afford and put a nice underlayment material down first is try to find some really good friends(I mean "really good friends") to help with the digging because that is not very much fun at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedreemer View Post
Wow, awesome pond and plants! Is that a gigantic jade plant inside??

You're very talented. There are some ugly yard ponds out there. This looks professional, like something you'd see in a magazine.
Thank you for the compliments. I spent many years researching ponds back when I had a preformed pond and went on a few pond walks which was really fun and a good way to get some inspiration. There was some amazing ponds in Missouri that make this look like a little pool compared to what they have. And yes that is a jade plant along with many other succulents and a hoya that my parents bought when I was a baby which makes that plant over 36 years old and the funny thing is it's still in the same pot it's been in when they planted it. I'm afraid if it gets repotted I will kill it so it's staying in that pot. I figured if it's lived this long then it should be just fine.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #53
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

WOW! I couldn't imagine being able to come home to that...I might never leave!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #54
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpappy789 View Post
WOW! I couldn't imagine being able to come home to that...I might never leave!
Thank you. It is pretty relaxing when I do get the chance to just sit and enjoy it but when it's 100* outside the last place I want to be after working in the heat all day long is outside.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

You sir have an snazing backyard and a serious green thumb, i hope to have a beautiful backyard ad this someday
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #56
Fishumms
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

That pond is an inspiration. I've done some large outdoor water aquaponic systems, but nothing as "put together" as yours.
Fishumms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #57
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiskool View Post
You sir have an snazing backyard and a serious green thumb, i hope to have a beautiful backyard ad this someday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishumms View Post
That pond is an inspiration. I've done some large outdoor water aquaponic systems, but nothing as "put together" as yours.
Thanks. It's about the end of the season for the pond so not much more for excitement until next spring. I haven't seen any of the babies that I was seeing earlier in the year but I'm still holding out hope that come next spring I will see some new fish swimming around. I'm going to try to post some pictures of the pond in the winter time this year. I can look really nice when the waterfall becomes frozen over.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #58
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

Not sure how I missed this thread. That's a really nice setup and enjoyed all the pics, congrats!
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #59
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

PTrader: (18/100%)

I'm so jealous!!!! great yard ua!

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
bitFUUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #60
Down_Shift
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)