Tornadoes
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 06-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Sake
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Tornadoes

So last night the St. Louis area was hit by 3 tornadoes, almost 4. Why almost 4 you ask? Well cause that damn wall cloud hanging off my tailgate damn near touched the ground. I ain't never pushed my old ford ranger as hard as I did last night, as Charlie Daniels said "Mario Andretti would've sure been proud
Of the way I was movin' when I passed that crowd". I hope all of our St. Louis members here are okay. Was anyone here in the path of one of the tornadoes?
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
NWA-Planted
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Default Re: Tornadoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sake View Post
So last night the St. Louis area was hit by 3 tornadoes, almost 4. Why almost 4 you ask? Well cause that damn wall cloud hanging off my tailgate damn near touched the ground. I ain't never pushed my old ford ranger as hard as I did last night, as Charlie Daniels said "Mario Andretti would've sure been proud
Of the way I was movin' when I passed that crowd". I hope all of our St. Louis members here are okay. Was anyone here in the path of one of the tornadoes?
Glad your ok!!!!

We lucked out up here, but I have lots of family and friends in Oklahoma, scary as hell

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
NWA-Planted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
Eeyore
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'm in the Metro East (Fairview Heights/Swansea) and we got winds, hail, and very heavy rain but no tornadoes. My mom is in the Maryland Heights area and they were a lot closer to the action but were not hit. I know a few people that had car damage from tree branches but it doesn't sound like there were any serious injuries in the St Louis area (Thankfully!!).
55 gal planted community tank, 46 gal Angel tank, 10 gal planted Cherry tank. 10 gal planted tank currently housing 5 juvie Koi Angelfish. Two empty 55 gals, one 20 long cycling for CRS, and a 5 gal waiting to house dwarf crayfish.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Sake
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Wow a total of 9 tornadoes hit the area that night. We were really lucky no one was killed.