|06-28-2011, 02:42 AM||#1|
Converting to live plant
Hi everyone. I'm a noob to this so I need some help. I've spent the last three days researching saltwater tanks and decided it was out of my budget. So, currently I have this,
46 gallon bow front tank,
Penguin bio-wheel 350 filter,
Air pump and 2 air stones (not sure of name brand or if I can even use with live plants),
About 3 inches of gravel (not sure if I need new substrate),
36 in. Light fixture (came with tank), supports t8,
So this is what I have right now.
So now to my questions...keep in mind, I want a low tech tank
1) Do I need a whole new light fixture?
2) If I do need a new light fixture, what kind?
3) If I can use my current light fixture, what kind of bulb to I need?
4) Do I need new substrate?
5) What other equipment is needed?
6) Can I do this for under $100???