tank update (56k warning)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 04-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
cousin it
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to cousin it

I have finally got around to taking some new pics of the 55g
the replant is slowly taking shape I just have so organise the grouping of some of the stem plants a bit better.
I would be grateful for any input on that.
here are some of the pics

cousin it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2003, 03:23 AM   #2
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

Looks beautiful just like that !
I really like the way you sprinkled in the small crypts... as this grows out it will be downright gorgeous, very nice job.

Did you enter this over at AB for the contest?

Buck 8)
Old 04-28-2003, 03:40 AM   #3
cousin it
Planted Member

to be honest I don't know if its ready yet.
It should evolve a little again over the next few weeks as some of the plants were slightly "over pruned" and can not be seen properly as they are hidden behind some taller ones, that'll serve me right for talking to a friend whilst trimming the plants :?

the crypts have taken a year to establish in the foreground but also have to keep being thinned out as they send runners straight for the front glass and press up against it which ruins the look of the foreground (especially after the giant whip has made his alterations )

one plant I'm looking for now is some rotala wallichii and for my C. balansae to take off which is hidden behind the bacopa on the right side of the tank but unfortunately its in no hurry to do so at the moment.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #4
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

The tank is looking absolutely fantastic! About the only constructive criticism I could offer is to allow the right side to grow out as quick as you can so my head doesn't keep wanting to tilt to the right. Other than that, this is a prime candidate for the AB Aquascaping contest! You're already a candidate, but if the right side was more developed, you'd have a real shot at winning something, in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
cousin it
Planted Member

the right side is looking much better at the moment, the ambulia has nearly reached the surface as has some of the red mifoil.
hopefully the plants that I need to re organise will be done at some point today and I'll get an updated snap shot of it.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:01 PM   #6
dlwarnock
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to dlwarnock

Beautiful! If mine every looks so good I'll be thrilled. It may not be perfect yet but it's a candidate in any contest I've seen.

David
Old 04-28-2003, 08:08 PM   #7
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
one plant I'm looking for now is some rotala wallichii
Yo cous,
I sure wish you were closer to me... I have wallichi comin outta my ears and comin outta my tank soon ! I have been working it in as a background and now I hate the look (washes out fish), its just too much... AND not only do I dislike it but every time my wife walks by the tank she just shakes her head at me :lol:
And i mean I have a BUNCH of it ! Oh well...

That whiptail rocks man... I saw one a couple weeks ago at my LFS which is very rare to see around me in the last couple years, but by the time I decided to try him he was gone :cry:
Does he fair well with the plants? They just look so mischievous :twisted:
Old 04-29-2003, 02:42 AM   #8
cousin it
Planted Member

dlwarnock- thankyou, I'm sure that your tank will look better than this one given time, the reason I'm not totally happy with how the tank looks in the pics is mainly because I cut some of the plants a little too short when pruning them, but this evening whilst I was watching the tank I was very surprised to see how quickly those plants are regrowing, the right side of the tank is looking a lot better at the moment which is a relief.
its quite amazing what can happen in only 24hrs

it would make life easier, and I'm sure a little Eusteralis would make quite a good replacement in your tank

that whiptail is my planting guru, if I put a plant in the wrong place he will uproot it over night so I have to put it else where, so far I'm getting very happy with his judgement :lol:

I have to keep an area of the fore ground clear of plants for him and the 3 other whiptails which live in that tank and the 14 corys prefer a little bit of substrate to feed in as well.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:35 AM   #9
vfish2003
Algae Grower

what type are the smaller crypts? BTWnice dutch style tank
vfish2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 03:49 AM   #10
cousin it
Planted Member

the smaller crypts are different types of C. wendtii which I purchased at a local hardware superstore labelled as crypt sp. so unfortunately I cannot be overly specific on the exact types.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
cousin it
Planted Member

its starting to take shape a bit better today.

some of my pencil fish.

the Red plants seem to be happy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.