Show me your Spec! - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #106
esworp
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototyp3 View Post
So is it normal for all 3 compartments to be at the same water level? I was filling up the display and noticed the sponge and pump compartments were filling up just the same. Is that correct?

I'm thinking I must have a leak along my false wall? Never used an all-in-one design, but I thought it'd be fully sealed so the water level in the display stayed constant while the evaporation would be lowering the water level in the filtration compartments.

Totally okay.

1. there's a blow-by vent in the divider down near the bottom, a small slot to allow a minimum amount of water to pass by.
2. the water level in the main tank-part will always by just at the point to where it spills over into the filter compartment when water evaporates over time. you'll see the water in the filter compartment dropping over time.

There's always a finite amount of water in the tank, but the filter pump will push it all into the main compartment, draining the filter compartment.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #107
prototyp3
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)

esworp: Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll see that in action more when the water level drops.

---

Just filled up a Spec for a family member. It's mainly viewed from the right side. Went with anubias on the wood, and it's going to be a battle between the bolbitus and windelov ferns in the corners.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #108
ajn81

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm new to the planted tank forums, but found this thread and wanted to share my work desktop SPEC.

Flora: Eleocharis acicularis, Hemianthus callitrichoides, and I think Cabomba caroliniana.

ajn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #109
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn81 View Post
i'm new to the planted tank forums, but found this thread and wanted to share my work desktop spec.

Flora: Eleocharis acicularis, hemianthus callitrichoides, and i think cabomba caroliniana.

nice!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #110
Basil
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Ajn81,
What all are you planing for the tank? Do you run c02 at all? If so will you upgrade your light to the fluval 13 watt fixture? Also is that the Fluval shrimp stratum or plant stratum? Your tank looks great too!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #111
atom
Planted Member

Ajn81, how are you finding Cabomba in your spec? I found that it needs a lot of light or it starts to break apart.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #112
ajn81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil View Post
Ajn81,
What all are you planing for the tank? Do you run c02 at all? If so will you upgrade your light to the fluval 13 watt fixture? Also is that the Fluval shrimp stratum or plant stratum? Your tank looks great too!
Pretty much leaving the tank as is for now and seeing how it goes. I've only had it a month or so at this point. Not running CO2 at the moment, just daily 1/2 cup water changes with Florish Excel dosing. I'm planning on adding a few shrimp to the tank and so therefore went with the Fluval shrimp stratum. It's pretty dang light though which has been a bit of a pain when dealing with the plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Ajn81, how are you finding Cabomba in your spec? I found that it needs a lot of light or it starts to break apart.
The Cabomba is going nuts with the standard LED light that comes with the spec. In the month since I planted it, I've already had to trim twice. The hair grass and the baby tears seem okay at the moment, though the hair grass has browned a bit.

Thanks for the comments and complements!
ajn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #113
atom
Planted Member

Thanks Ajn81, do the bottoms of the cabomba brown and melt away at all? I found that mine did because the bottom didn't receive enough light. No problems with the Spec light?

To all Spec owners with Bettas in them, do your bettas constantly flare at their reflections because of the black background? I know mine does and I don't know how to fix it. Moss wall?
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #114
Basil
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

A moss wall would be a pretty sweet option, as long as the entire wall gets light.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #115
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Latest pics of mine:

Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #116
Deano37
Algae Grower

Hi all i am waiting to order my fluval flora as i am keen to start hobby but i already have a spec but never got it going but have been motivated seeing all these amazing tanks, ordered some flurish excel and re-aranged tank and cleaned it up today and put in heater, i really want some fish in here , think maybe to small for betta but any other ides ? also a question i will be using household amania to fishless cycle any idea how much to dose ? know its only a few ml will it be fine to start straight away even though using flourish etc

thanks dean
Deano37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #117
biogenetic40379
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

here is my spec
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spec update.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	41279  

Old 02-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #118
D3monic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

I might have to pick one of those up for my desk at work.
Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

Ebi-topia 75g Rivers Edge Dario H. Breeding Log
D3monic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #119
BlackPhantom09
Algae Grower

Mine's coming along quite nicely. I've got a few Cherry shrimp in there and a pest snail that came in on the last batch of plants. He's doing a good job of keeping the tank clean at the moment but when he gets to a nice size he's going to be dinner for my Assassin snails.

'Scuse the algae on the front glass and the low water level. It's due a bit of maintenance.

BlackPhantom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #120
Lludu
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn81 View Post
Pretty much leaving the tank as is for now and seeing how it goes. I've only had it a month or so at this point. Not running CO2 at the moment, just daily 1/2 cup water changes with Florish Excel dosing. I'm planning on adding a few shrimp to the tank and so therefore went with the Fluval shrimp stratum. It's pretty dang light though which has been a bit of a pain when dealing with the plants.
How much excel do you dose in that? 1 ml?
Lludu is offline   Reply With Quote