GOT MY MONEY BACK! Now whatcha want :D - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #31
msnikkistar
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (105/94%)

http://www.tsksupply.com/products/2-...of-20%29-.html

Have you tried those? They seem to work 2-3 days for me.

msnikkistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #32
razalas5
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

How about CPD and amano shrimp?
Glad to hear everything worked out for you!
razalas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #33
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

Thanks msnikki, I think that is basically what I have but I will look into it more! Right now I have 400 of the other type. They stay frozen fro about 18 hours, but "cool" for about 2 days.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #34
msnikkistar
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (105/94%)

Ahhh yea. There's another one I saw that stays cold for like a week, but its EXPENSIVE! It's over in asia. It's like 5 bucks a pop -_-

msnikkistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #35
rickztahone
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

can you get any Nannostomus mortenthaleri at a good price?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
jasonpatterson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
ps. do any snails you know of like green spot algae? what type is most efficient?
Nerite snails will clean green spot algae off of glass and leaves. They're pretty good at maintaining a reasonable level of green spot in a tank, not so good at eliminating an algaepocalyse.

ETA: I say that they're not good for eliminating a serious problem because while you could buy a whole ton of the things and let them go to work, you'd then be stuck with a bunch of snails with an inadequate food supply.
jasonpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #37
asukawashere
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (58/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
I do have males as I have frequent berried females and multiple generations in the tank. I also have a few tylo species as well that I have had squirreled away.

I will see what the lists have on them next week! Going away for the weekend back up to New England
You've been holding out on us, then! There's only one Tylo species listed on your site, and I've been toying with the idea of getting some, but keep waiting to see if anything else pops up :P ... I'm gearing up for some in(vert)sanity this summer (I just made that up on the spot, but wouldn't it be a great name for an invert convention?) and need to get me some critters I won't find in the lfs.
asukawashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpatterson View Post
Nerite snails will clean green spot algae off of glass and leaves. They're pretty good at maintaining a reasonable level of green spot in a tank, not so good at eliminating an algaepocalyse.

ETA: I say that they're not good for eliminating a serious problem because while you could buy a whole ton of the things and let them go to work, you'd then be stuck with a bunch of snails with an inadequate food supply.
Yippee! I'm going to have to get me some nerites. Do they breed like rabbits though?

You can call me Bob

"have no fear, help is here!"
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #39
jasonpatterson
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Yippee! I'm going to have to get me some nerites. Do they breed like rabbits though?

You can call me Bob

No, they won't reproduce in a freshwater tank at all. Apparently you can get larvae from time to time with them, but they won't survive because they require brackish/saltwater to continue growing. A certain seller of invertebrates has them at very reasonable prices... Hrm, who could that be???
jasonpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 AM   #40
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

i noticed a certain seller listed them, thats why i asked ill have to think up some more fish to buy, and make a run down to her place. its not far
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 AM   #41
kirk
Planted Member

Asian Rummynose - sawbwa reslendens?

they like harder water which is perfect where i am in central nys.

would need at least as many females as males though...
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. MW
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #42
kirk
Planted Member

here is a write up on them:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile...lendens&id=991

they can be aggressive towards their own when there are not enough females around - is this your experience?
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #43
AquaStudent
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Scarlet Badis! I'm trying to think if I have any room for anything else in my tanks...hmmmmmmmm
AquaStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
can you get any Nannostomus mortenthaleri at a good price?

I can certainly get pencils, but often they come in as mixed species with NEAT contaminant fish (as in, not the ones I ordered but often neat variations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpatterson View Post

That is teh key part, I don't recommend stocking more than one nerite per 5-10g of tank space for longevity of hte snail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukawashere View Post
You've been holding out on us, then! There's only one Tylo species listed on your site, and I've been toying with the idea of getting some, but keep waiting to see if anything else pops up :P ... I'm gearing up for some in(vert)sanity this summer (I just made that up on the spot, but wouldn't it be a great name for an invert convention?) and need to get me some critters I won't find in the lfs.
Love it! I don't list them because tehy ALWAYS come in with leeches which takes me forever to eradicate. I have yellow antennae, white spot, yellow fleck, and yellow that I have been hording and growing out.

Quote:

You can call me Bob

Nope, they just lay sesame seed shaped/sized eggs which can often hatch though the veligers require varying levels of salinity in order to turn into snails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Asian Rummynose - sawbwa reslendens?

they like harder water which is perfect where i am in central nys.

would need at least as many females as males though...
The only way to get both sexes upon import is to buy them so young they are not sexable. I havve done this in the past and ended up with about 60% female to male ratio, which is perfect for a tank. I can certainly see if htey are on the list again. Beautiful little fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaStudent View Post
Scarlet Badis! I'm trying to think if I have any room for anything else in my tanks...hmmmmmmmm
Definitely will be getting those. So far, I KNOW I am going to order otocinclus, dario daroi, clown killies, microcrabs, more chillis (I keep them in stock) and likely also more habrosus or pygmaeus, maybe more CPD's or somethign like more kubotai, possibly some apisto cacs, and probably some pencil fish (a personal favorite of mine). I am not sure what else as I will see what the lists have!
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #45
tkbellwood
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

I am looking for checkerboards. And, would prefer to buy from a site supporter.
tkbellwood is offline   Reply With Quote