matheson fitting question
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

matheson fitting question

I think I found a good deal on a regulator but I am unsure of the cga connection. I dont want to wait around too long and have it be bought before I get a chance but I also dont want to waste my money. Its a matheson 9367 rated for corrossive. What are the chances it has a cga 320 and even if it doesnt is it possible to use an adapter. Sorry I have zero experience with regulators. It did say it has 1/4" VCR ports if that helps. As long as it would be adaptable I would buy it

Old 03-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
AlanLe
Algae Farmer

PTrader: (1/100%)

Most likely it has VCR connections. What you want is a 1/4 npt port then get the cga320 nipple and nut.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
AlanLe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
creekbottom
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Generally most people on here that build regulator set-ups say to stay away from VCR regulators. Parts are harder to find. There are plenty of regulators on ebay, I would keep looking. Look for ones that have 1/4" NPT or FPT ports.
creekbottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
neilshieh
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (45/100%)

Don't buy it unless you really want to deal with VCR connections. Basically you'll need VCR to 1/4 npt adapters for all your ports. You'll definitely need to swap out the cga fitting to cga 320.

I honestly don't know where to buy vcr adapters, that you'd have to ask bettatail or oldpunk. I'm pretty sure your regulator should have one already for the cga inlet since i don't believe they make vcr cga fittings, so really you'd just need 1 vcr adapter.

Bottomline VCR regulators are for people who really like high end fancy stuff and are okay with burning lots of money on them//have access to vcr parts. For all intents and purposes stick with something that has 1/4 npt ports

Last edited by Darkblade48; 03-31-2014 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: Do not solicit sales outside of the For Sale subsection.
neilshieh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

So there is no way to configure it to work for our application? Its stainless and a good price just hoping I could make it work
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

PTrader: (104/100%)

Is it an ultraline? If I'm not missing taken, those are heavy suckers and aren't intended to be held up with the cga connection. It's probably supposed to be panel mounted. It's too much weight on the face seal connection and tubing to be safe I think. If you break that suckered off, you're out a reg plus you'll be in for a hell of scare.
oldpunk78 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #7
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Indeed it is. Well thats a bummer... oldpunk im gonna pm you if your still into building regulators I may need your services
Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
neilshieh
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (45/100%)

if you do decide to go ahead with it you need a 1/4 vcr x 1/4 npt female for the cga fitting. and then (221396394109) for the post body stuff. no need to buy anything from me
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #9
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (82/98%)

three Matheson ultraline 9460(APtech AK1710S), don't want to let go,

the one you see on evil bay is the single stage VCR port, the part number for ultraline is 9460/9470 for double stage and 9360/9370 for single stage.
APtech part number is AP1710/AK1710 for single stage, AP1510/AK1510(4000psi version) for single stage.
Bettatail is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.