BCAS - Annual Auction - Sat 5/14 - thanks for your Support!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
izzy2
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

BCAS - Annual Auction - Sat 5/14 - thanks for your Support!

Bucks County Aquarium Society
Southeast PA - minutes from central & south Jersey.

Spring Auction

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Registration 11 am - 12 noon

Auction begins at 12:00 noon - usually goes to 3:30pm

CHURCHVILLE NATURE CENTER
501 Churchville Lane, Churchville, PA 18966
Feasterville Area - easy access from Rt 1, 132, 611, 95, and the Turnpikes.

Everyone Welcome
to buy and sell
live Reef and Tropical/Freshwater
fish, plants, inverts, other aquarium creatures,
tanks, equipment and dry goods.

SELLERS BUCK a BAG split on all
bags of livestock/plants that you bring
to sell at the auction. Club gets a buck
and you get the rest!!!!

Please visit our website:
www.bcasonline.com

Donations for auction are always appreciated.
Thanks in advance to NUMEROUS vendors and individuals
for their wonderful donations.

Free Admission - Open to the Public.
izzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
izzy2
Algae Grower

BCAS Auction Details...

1. Bringing things to sell - All aquarium and pond related equipment, dry goods, plants, fish and other livestock are welcome. You do not need to be a member of BCAS to sell at the auction. For non-livestock, the seller gets 60% of the selling price and 40% goes to BCAS (split). For the annual auction ONLY there is a "buck a bag" deal on livestock - BCAS gets a buck and the seller gets the rest of the selling price.

2. Auction Sheet - An auction sheet is available on the website and can be filled out by the seller in advance. Items must be assigned a code (3 initials from sellers name followed by a number (1-n). This code must appear on the auction sheet for each item and must be labeled on the item itself.

3. Minimum Bids – A seller may put a minimum bid on an auction item. The auctioneer will not sell the item for less than the minimum bid. The minimum bid must be on the auction sheet and clearly shown on the item label.

4. Donations – Of course, you can also donate items for the auction. In this case, the entire sale price of the item goes to Bucks County Aquarium Society and will be primarily used to fund our speaker program. Donations are greatly appreciated!

5. Bidding at the auction –

5a. Monthly Auctions – Anyone present may bid. Payment, either cash or check, is expected when the item is won. Payment will be collected by one of the runners.

5b. Annual Auction - When you come to the auction you will need to get a bidder's card in order to be able to bid at the auction. Members may run a tab. Non-members who wish to run a tab will need to leave their driver’s license at the front desk. Their license will be returned to them when they check out and settle their tab. Payment, either check or cash, is expected before you leave the auction. If you are not running a tab then payment is expected when the items is won and will be collected by one of the runners.

6. Non-returnable – Anything bought at auction is non-returnable. Please check with the seller before purchasing if you have any doubts. We rely on people’s honesty in putting only non-defective equipment in the auction. We have had very few problems in all of the years we have been doing this.

7. “Pushing” an item for auction – Let’s say that you see something you want to bid on, but you have to leave in the next 15 minutes and the item may not come up for auction in time. If this happens, you can “push” an item by giving one of the runners $1 and telling them which item you would like pushed. The runner will immediately bring the item to the auctioneer and it will be auctioned within the next two or three items.

8. Runner – A runner is a wonderful and greatly appreciated volunteer who brings items from the table to the auctioneer, takes the item to the individual who has won it and collects the payment. Anyone can volunteer to be a runner – we always need runners!

Last edited by izzy2; 05-09-2011 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Spacing....
Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
d3snoopy
Planted Member

I plan on attending!

I'm new in the hobby, and am making a list of thing that I'll be keeping my eyes out for!
d3snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
izzy2
Algae Grower

I'm still sorting through my tanks but will have a nice assortment of plants, shrimp and live food up for auction. Last year was fabulous, got a UV sterilizer for $10, a bag with 4 containers of New Life Spectrum Grow food for $5, a 39w t5ho 6500k bulb $6, a Marineland 250 hot filter (almost new) $12 and several beautiful plants donated by Florida Aquatic Nurseries. Wish I had the room for several more tanks. They had used setups (tank, light, stand and filter) for numerous gallon setups for $20 to $30.

Everyone can buy and sell. A percentage or bag fee is collected by BCAS. This is the club's primary fundraiser. It allows us the ability to bring in quality speakers and have nice surroundings for our monthly meetings.

If you are looking for something post it here. We possibly can send a note to members to see if someone can bring it on Saturday.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
d3snoopy
Planted Member

Woa I missed your post.

I've got a list of plants, plus I'll be looking for light fixtures, possibly a canister filter, and possibly a drop checker.
d3snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.