How many planted tank addicts. - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 AM   #16
Reeyia
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Little bit North of Aquadoc - I'm in Sedro Woolley
Reeyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #17
AlexW
Algae Grower

PTrader: (16/100%)

Seatac here! I've got tanks ranging from a 12" rimless cube (7.5 gallon)from Jimmy to a 75 gallon.
AlexW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #18
coil1002
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Auburn !!
coil1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #19
mpb
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bellevue, WA
Old 07-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
coolblureason
Algae Grower

Default Dismantling

Hey there! I am in Seattle and I am actually getting rid of my 45H gallon community tank this week. After about 5 years of maintaining it is time for a break!

I am not getting rid of any equipment, since I am sure I will set it up again in the future, but I have a bunch of fish and plants to get rid of! And some food and plant nutrients, etc. Anyone interested? See the list below! I will give the plants away for free (since most of them have green algae - nothing worse than that though), but would be open to offer on the fish. I'd be most happy to give them all to the same person, but if you want specific items let me know.

PM me if you are interested!

Thanks!

J

Fish:
Cardinal Tetras (5)
Rasboras (14)
Dwarf Chain Loaches (5)
Siamese Algae Eaters (True) (3)
Red and Yellow Platties (5)
Ottos (3)
Corys (3)

Plants:
Java Fern
Red Rubin Sword
Anubias Nana Petite
Anubias Nana
Anubias Kwango Minima
Cryptocoryne Willisi
Rotala Macrandra
coolblureason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #21
Chrisrn
Algae Grower

Also in Issaquah

2.5 gal with red cherry shrimp

Also, just purchased today a 27 gal blank slate... still pondering the possabilities

Chris
Chrisrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
mattstrong121

Snohomish here. Just getting back into planted aquariums with my 65 gal tank
mattstrong121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Hi All,

I grow a few plants.

You should have seen some of the great plants in the 'mini-auction' Tuesday night after the GSAS Presentation on Planted Nano Tanks by Karen Randall (AGA). There were Hydrocotyle tripartita, Marsilea minuta, Pogostemon erectus, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Eriocaulon parkeri, and Eriocaulon cinereum just to name a few! We have some great plant growers in our club!

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #24
Onenobee
Algae Grower

PTrader: (17/100%)

Hello everyone!

South Everett/Mukilteo area here!
Eheim Pimp Club #482 Classic 2213/Ecco 2232
Onenobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #25
Kibblemania1414
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfish88 View Post
got the rimless from Aquarium Plus down in the International District/Chinatown. Had to make a customized cabinet and found some lights that would not cost so much when replacing the bulbs. Jimmy just sold his store, but should still be carrying rimless tanks. I also purchased a CO2 setup from him (20lb tank - should last for years), but upgraded to a Azoo regulator (from Dr. Smith). Also, purchased a rhinox bubble counter (ebay Asia) & diffuser (ebay N.Y.) - (both came with a cheaper set, but liked the looks of these better). Right now in search of some better priced lily pipes.

Plants: HC, moss balls, Nesaea triflora, Heteranthera zosterifolia, Rotala macrandra (narrow leaf), and dwarf hairgrass. Tried Blyxa japonica, but it started to melt, so I throw in my 55g low tech tank and see what will happen.

Just added some corals in my canister. Looks like pH shot up to around 6.2, will do another WC and remove half the corals to see if I can get it to stabilize to 6.0 - 6.2.

I also had initial algae problem, but reduce light/CO2 time from 12 hrs to 9 hrs and added Excel right after WC (did around 50% for a few days). Looks like that did the trick. Have tank running for a little a month. This is the first planted hi-tech tank for me, so all a learning curve.

I will check with Liem down in the ID and see if he has any Badis.

that is soooo beautiful...
Kibblemania1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #26
Madfish
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via MSN to Madfish Send a message via Yahoo to Madfish

The way of Spanaway here. I will have to get some new pictures of my 28 gallon cube up here.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #27
Madfish
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via MSN to Madfish Send a message via Yahoo to Madfish

Here are a couple of quick pictures of my shrimp tank. Sorry its kind of dirty I just got done doing a water change and I really need to clean the glass on it.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #28
galabar
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfish88 View Post
got the rimless from Aquarium Plus down in the International District/Chinatown. Had to make a customized cabinet and found some lights that would not cost so much when replacing the bulbs. Jimmy just sold his store, but should still be carrying rimless tanks. I also purchased a CO2 setup from him (20lb tank - should last for years), but upgraded to a Azoo regulator (from Dr. Smith). Also, purchased a rhinox bubble counter (ebay Asia) & diffuser (ebay N.Y.) - (both came with a cheaper set, but liked the looks of these better). Right now in search of some better priced lily pipes.

Plants: HC, moss balls, Nesaea triflora, Heteranthera zosterifolia, Rotala macrandra (narrow leaf), and dwarf hairgrass. Tried Blyxa japonica, but it started to melt, so I throw in my 55g low tech tank and see what will happen.

Just added some corals in my canister. Looks like pH shot up to around 6.2, will do another WC and remove half the corals to see if I can get it to stabilize to 6.0 - 6.2.

I also had initial algae problem, but reduce light/CO2 time from 12 hrs to 9 hrs and added Excel right after WC (did around 50% for a few days). Looks like that did the trick. Have tank running for a little a month. This is the first planted hi-tech tank for me, so all a learning curve.

I will check with Liem down in the ID and see if he has any Badis.
I really like the lights on that tank. If you can share, what are they and where did you get them?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #29
Krystal907
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Pullman here! Just got into tanks and I'm addicted already. Only a 3.5 gallon, but hoping to get some big tanks after thanksgiving!! It has begun...
Krystal907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #30
funkyfish88
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Default Lights

They are actually purchased from Ikea (one of their stand) lights. We mounted them (via the pole) to the back side. PM me if you need add'l info. Used 27w, 6500K cfl. I only have one light on for about 7 hours total (in 2 intervals). The cost worked out, but my husband does not like the brightness (at couch level), he wants to put some type of surround cover, but I explained "this is a rimless tank, so no rims"

I have attached updated pictures. Will at some point just have purple bamboo in the back and dhg. Did p/u lily pipes from Shrimplab a couple of months ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3605.jpg (119.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3607.jpg (84.3 KB, 6 views)
funkyfish88 is offline   Reply With Quote