Not enough space
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
im2smart4u
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Not enough space

I need a new apartment. I have been debating buying a couple of 20-40 gallon tanks to try my hand at breeding some of my fish. I think it would be neat, we have a breeders award program at the local club, and I know people who would like me to breed my fish so they can get some. The problem is, I looked around my apartment the other day, and I don't have a clear section of wall more than a foot wide, unless you count inside my closet. My bed, desk, bookshelves, dresser, tv, and 5 fish tanks take up all available wall space. None of them can be stacked, either, unless I wanted to DIY a new stand for my 25 gallon.

Does anyone else have similar issues? Any of you guys have bigger ideas than what your living arrangements can handle?
im2smart4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
Tex Gal
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal

It's the curse of the hobby!....

95g Rimless

Tex Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
redman88
Planted Tank Enthusiast

almost all my ideas are like that, and they are bigger then my budget.

SunSun Pimp #7
redman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #4
Loop
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Have you tried rearranging things in your place to better use the space. I needed to move my 29G to my bedroom, but there was no wall space anywhere big enough for any size tank in there. I spent about 30 minutes in there with a tape measure and a piece of paper until I came up with a way to make almost 5ft of wall space in one spot just by moving everything around. Might be worth a shot, and it helps if you have some serious Tetris skills
Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
im2smart4u
Planted Tank Obsessed

I actually had to rearrange my bedroom and living room when I got my last two tanks. One of them is in the hallway in a bad spot with a lot of traffic, but I have no where else to put it. I also have a tank on top of a dresser in my bedroom that is in front of my closet. I don't have anything I really need in there anyway... at least I hope not. The problem is my place is small, and very poorly designed. I have a mostly empty closet appox 6'x10'. I was at one time going to put my computer desk in there to get it out of my bedroom, but it has no window, no vents, and no outlets. This makes it hot in summer and cold in winter.
im2smart4u is offline   Reply With Quote